Pride (2014)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
This is a film about the alliance between striking Welsh miners and a Gay group from that London. Its pretty amazing. They do have some actors faking Welsh accents but they just about get away with that.

Some of the best one liners ever seen in a British film ever:

"Hey love, are you all lesbians then ?"

"Thats right, were off to Swansea for a massive Lez off"

And the actual best ever line in any film.

"Margaret fucking Thatcher"
All that you really need to know about Thatcher.

I was in my early 20s at the time of the strike and can confirm the hardships endured and the homophobic attitudes of that time. the club in the village is absolutely spot on. I learned to drink in places like that and to be honest parts of it brought tears to my eyes.
A high spot is when the womenfolk start singing in the club. The olduns used to sing in the Hafod club when I was young. The pit song was "It is well" which is American in origin.

Bittersweet ending but it is a gloriously uplifting experience. Not sure if it got a showing in the States but try and hunt this one out.

This is a film about the alliance between striking Welsh miners and a Gay group from that London. Its pretty amazing. They do have some actors faking Welsh accents but they just about get away with that.

I was in my early 20s at the time of the strike and can confirm the hardships endured and the homophobic attitudes of that time. the club in the village is absolutely spot on. I learned to drink in places like that and to be honest parts of it brought tears to my eyes.
A high spot is when the womenfolk start singing in the club. The olduns used to sing in the Hafod club when I was young. The pit song was "It is well" which is American in origin.

Bittersweet ending but it is a gloriously uplifting experience. Not sure if it got a showing in the States but try and hunt this one out.

Pondering thoughts....

I wish I could be in a Lez off as one experimental male allowed

I wish I was a lesbian

Thatcher was one of your greatest PMs in history, respect her like your daddy

So you are an old faggot you say? Tammy the board already knew, yer a lil tad too late to the party

1625868081369.png

What was supposed to be going on behind closed doors, just wasnt good enough for your fags? Had to shove your shit in our face and demand me accept you. That was my RED LINE.

What was supposed to be going on behind closed doors, just wasnt good enough for your fags? Had to shove your shit in our face and demand me accept you. That was my RED LINE.
Nobody wants anything off a cowardly fuck like you. Why dont you try and grow your balls big enough to visit London ?

Tommy, no one likes you. Threads like this are the reason why.

Nobody wants anything off a cowardly fuck like you. Why dont you try and grow your balls big enough to visit London ?
No one wants to visit London cause your dystopian state mandates the Orwellian vaccination for entry.

I guess I can see the appeal that such a movie might have to someone who is very light in the (only one) loafer.

Any reason art all that any normal, sane person would be at all interested in this movie? I doubt it, very much.

I was in my early 20s at the time of the strike and can confirm the hardships endured and the homophobic attitudes of that time. the club in the village is absolutely spot on. I learned to drink in places like that and to be honest parts of it brought tehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQu2YKIs9Mars to my eyes.

?

I guess I can see the appeal that such a movie might have to someone who is very light in the (only one) loafer.

Any reason art all that any normal, sane person would be at all interested in this movie? I doubt it, very much.
I dont think that you would get much from it Bob. But if you enjoyed Philadelphia you might.

Forum List

Back