President Trump: “We are at the brink of World War 3 in Ukraine. And we need a peace deal right now. I would have a peace deal within 24hrs"

Trump did not pull out.....we still had troops there when he left office.....we had the number the military recommended of 2500

But there was a withdrawal in 2020. You've been shown this.

And you said Biden could have pulled out all the troops -- which is what he did.

But there was a withdrawal in 2020. You've been shown this.

And you said Biden could have pulled out all the troops -- which is what he did.
yeah so? Not a complete withdraw. Yes, Xiden could have....he did...but he didn't have to...which is what the agreement called for, and what the military recommended....he ignored both, which lead to the disaster.

ok...he didn't in March of 2020....so what's your point? He wasn't going to do a complete withdraw as the agreement and military recommended.

The issue was months later, when Xiden ignored the military and the military and pulled them all out

By late June, 2020, troop levels were cut from 13,000 to 8,600

By 1/15/2021, troop levels were cut from 8,600 to 3,500. That's a 73% decrease all the while the Taliban was still not complying with the agreement.

ok...he didn't in March of 2020....so what's your point? He wasn't going to do a complete withdraw as the agreement and military recommended.

The issue was months later, when Xiden ignored the military and the military and pulled them all out
March 2020 was when the Taliban breached the Accord. We still had nearly 13,000 troops deployed.

On Nov. 11th 2020, Trump had ordered the complete withdrawal by Jan 15 2021. After the Generals told him what a shit show that would be, he caved, aka, he did a massive flip-flop.

By late June, 2020, troop levels were cut from 13,000 to 8,600

By 1/15/2021, troop levels were cut from 8,600 to 3,500. That's a 73% decrease all the while the Taliban was still not complying with the agreement.
i am not sure what point you as trying to make? yes trump keep troops there and was following the advice of the military and the agreement. We’ve been over this.

March 2020 was when the Taliban breached the Accord. We still had nearly 13,000 troops deployed.

On Nov. 11th 2020, Trump had ordered the complete withdrawal by Jan 15 2021. After the Generals told him what a shit show that would be, he caved, aka, he did a massive flip-flop.
yep he listened to the military. Not sure your point

yep he listened to the military. Not sure your point
Nope. They didn't recommend reduction of troop strength to 8,600 until after the Taliban started meeting their obligations during the initial 135 day phase of implementation. Nor did they recommend further reductions to 4500 and finally to 2500 after the 135 day period. But they followed his orders.

"I would have a peace deal within 24 hours”. djt

BullShit Don the Con.

If Don the Con is all about MAGA, then he would try to talk to Putin, even though he is not POTUS. Don the Con is so FULL of SHIT in so many ways.

He's playing to his base yet again. See Post #5 skye

Nope. They didn't recommend reduction of troop strength to 8,600 until after the Taliban started meeting their obligations during the initial 135 day phase of implementation. Nor did they recommend further reductions to 4500 and finally to 2500 after the 135 day period. But they followed his orders.
the military brass represented we keep a troop size there between 4500-2500../xiden ignored that…not trump

He could get it done because the current usurper isn't doing a damn think to broker a peaceful deal. Hell, he's escalated everything.

I'm sure Trump could. He would surrender, give Putin Ukraine to appease Russia. And the conflict would be over.

the military brass represented we keep a troop size there between 4500-2500../xiden ignored that…not trump
Biden had to redeploy thousand to complete the evacuation because that was a skeleton force. It certainly wasn't enough to force any kind of compliance to their Original conditions.

Senator Warren: (02:03:38)
"So the President followed the advice of his military advisors in planning and executing this withdrawal. As we’ve already established, the seeds for our, or in Afghanistan were planted many, many years ago. So let me ask you one more question, Secretary Austin, knowing what you know now, if we had stayed in Afghanistan for another year, would it have made a fundamental difference?

Sec. Austin: (02:04:05)
Again, it depends on what size you remain in at, and what your objectives are. There are a range of possibilities, but if you stayed there at a forced posture of 2,500, certainly you’d be in a fight with the Taliban, and you’d have to reinforce yourself.

Biden had to redeploy thousand to complete the evacuation because that was a skeleton force. It certainly wasn't enough to force any kind of compliance to their Original conditions.

Senator Warren: (02:03:38)
"So the President followed the advice of his military advisors in planning and executing this withdrawal. As we’ve already established, the seeds for our, or in Afghanistan were planted many, many years ago. So let me ask you one more question, Secretary Austin, knowing what you know now, if we had stayed in Afghanistan for another year, would it have made a fundamental difference?

Sec. Austin: (02:04:05)
Again, it depends on what size you remain in at, and what your objectives are. There are a range of possibilities, but if you stayed there at a forced posture of 2,500, certainly you’d be in a fight with the Taliban, and you’d have to reinforce yourself.
hahah Warren! hahahhah we know that's a lie....she's repeating lies.

Top generals contradict Biden, say they urged him not to withdraw from Afghanistan​

Gen. Frank McKenzie said that he recommended maintaining a small force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan earlier this year.

Top generals told lawmakers under oath on Tuesday that they advised President Joe Biden early this year to keep several thousand troops in Afghanistan — directly contradicting the president’s comments in August that no one warned him not to withdraw troops from the country.\

Xiden lied, people died....and now we have Warren pushing that lie, and dembots like you still believing it...sad

hahah Warren! hahahhah we know that's a lie....she's repeating lies.
She asked the right question. It was the Sec.'s answer that mattered

"There are a range of possibilities, but if you stayed there at a forced posture of 2,500, certainly you’d be in a fight with the Taliban, and you’d have to reinforce yourself.

So, how many troops would you have been willing to sacrifice for President Biden to go back into Afghanistan to fix all what Trumped fucked up when he reduced our troop strength by nearly 80%, and didn't base those reduction on the Taliban complying with his conditions? A hundred, or two? Maybe a thousand? How many?

Did Trump set it all up in hopes of making Joey look bad?

She asked the right question. It was the Sec.'s answer that mattered

"There are a range of possibilities, but if you stayed there at a forced posture of 2,500, certainly you’d be in a fight with the Taliban, and you’d have to reinforce yourself.

So, how many troops would you have been willing to sacrifice for President Biden to go back into Afghanistan to fix all what Trumped fucked up when he reduced our troop strength by nearly 80%, and didn't base those reduction on the Taliban complying with his conditions? A hundred, or two? Maybe a thousand? How many?

Did Trump set it all up in hopes of making Joey look bad?
The military said 2500 was all that was needed, I'll go with the experts on the topic.

As to your last point, yes Trump, as well as every President before him, set a standard, and that's what made Xiden look bad. He's failed at every mark

she's repeating lies.
Sec. Austin: (02:01:55).........So, once he made the decision, then of course, from a military perspective, in terms of the retrograde of the people and the equipment, that planning was done by Central Command, and certainly principally, by General Miller. Very detailed planning, and then we came back and briefed the entire interagency on the details of that plan.

Senator Warren: (02:03:03)
Okay. So the military planned the evacuation. Did President Biden follow your advice on executing on the evacuation plan?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:12)
He did.

Senator Warren: (02:03:15)
Did President Biden give you all the resources that you needed?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:21)
From my view, he did.

Senator Warren: (02:03:22)
Did President Biden ignore your advice on the evacuation at he point?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:30)
No Senator, he did not.

Senator Warren: (02:03:32)
Did he refuse any request for anything that you needed or asked for?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:37)
No.

Sec. Austin: (02:01:55).........So, once he made the decision, then of course, from a military perspective, in terms of the retrograde of the people and the equipment, that planning was done by Central Command, and certainly principally, by General Miller. Very detailed planning, and then we came back and briefed the entire interagency on the details of that plan.

Senator Warren: (02:03:03)
Okay. So the military planned the evacuation. Did President Biden follow your advice on executing on the evacuation plan?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:12)
He did.

Senator Warren: (02:03:15)
Did President Biden give you all the resources that you needed?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:21)
From my view, he did.

Senator Warren: (02:03:22)
Did President Biden ignore your advice on the evacuation at he point?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:30)
No Senator, he did not.

Senator Warren: (02:03:32)
Did he refuse any request for anything that you needed or asked for?

Sec. Austin: (02:03:37)
No.
What? I am not saying Xiden didn't give them what they asked for AFTER he decided to ignore their recommendations.

Senator Tillis (01:56:52):
Secretary Austin, I think we do owe a debt of gratitude to the people that got 120,000, 124,000 people out. It was a logistical success, but this is a strategic failure. General McKenzie, General Miller said 2,500. I've heard you and General Milley also say, you agreed with the idea, you personally agreed, you didn't necessarily say that you recommended to the President, the 2,500. I understood from General Miller that there was a broader context within that recommendation. There were 2,500 fighters, US fighters, but I understand almost 5,000 NATO allies, or 5,000 others that were willing to remain on the ground. And as General Miller said, "Keep the hand on the shoulder of the Afghan national forces, so that we could have a counter to the Taliban." Is that correct? That it was bigger than that, it was probably the 7,000 range?

Gen. McKenzie (01:57:50):
Senator. You're correct. Our NATO allies, would've been on board

Senator Tillis (01:58:03):
Okay. Now I know that you won't say that you advised the President, but is it fair to say that when General Miller, he said that he advised all of you on his recommendations, it sounds like two of the three of you agreed with it, is it at least fair to say that in the interagency discussion that those recommendations were made and that in your best military advice, it would've kept the situation stable in Afghanistan?

Gen. McKenzie (01:58:29):
Well, I've stated consistently that my position was, if you go below 2,500, you're going to look at a collapse of the Afghan milita

Geez, that transcript is loaded with the miltary saying they recommended to keep the Trump levels of troops

The military said 2500 was all that was needed, I'll go with the experts on the topic.

As to your last point, yes Trump, as well as every President before him, set a standard, and that's what made Xiden look bad. He's failed at every mark
They clearly testified otherwise. Not after the Truce expired.

There has never been a President who tried to sabotaged the military and the next CiC the way Benedict Donald did when he lost his re-election bid. The blurter-in-chief couldn't help himself, he was so proud of what he did there....

"Afghanistan, where, by the way, I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process.

Donald Trump: (22:53)
21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things…yeah. Thank you. Thank you. It’s a shame. "

This is a topic about Trump, dipshit. And I am stating facts.
Deal with it.
1. Prove Trump proposed "a peace deal that gives Putin everything he wants." You can't dumbass.
2. Prove "Trump mad gay love for Putin". Another childish lie.
3. Fuck Trump. Another TDS epithet, duh.

This is copied from your earlier childish post #311
"Trump's idea of a "peace deal" is to give Putin everything he wants.
Trump has mad gay love for Putin.
Fuck Trump."

You can't be as stupid as your posts look? Or can you?

Senator Tillis (01:56:52):
Secretary Austin, I think we do owe a debt of gratitude to the people that got 120,000, 124,000 people out. It was a logistical success, but this is a strategic failure. General McKenzie, General Miller said 2,500. I've heard you and General Milley also say, you agreed with the idea, you personally agreed, you didn't necessarily say that you recommended to the President, the 2,500. I understood from General Miller that there was a broader context within that recommendation. There were 2,500 fighters, US fighters, but I understand almost 5,000 NATO allies, or 5,000 others that were willing to remain on the ground. And as General Miller said, "Keep the hand on the shoulder of the Afghan national forces, so that we could have a counter to the Taliban." Is that correct? That it was bigger than that, it was probably the 7,000 range?

Gen. McKenzie (01:57:50):
Senator. You're correct. Our NATO allies, would've been on board

Senator Tillis (01:58:03):
Okay. Now I know that you won't say that you advised the President, but is it fair to say that when General Miller, he said that he advised all of you on his recommendations, it sounds like two of the three of you agreed with it, is it at least fair to say that in the interagency discussion that those recommendations were made and that in your best military advice, it would've kept the situation stable in Afghanistan?

Gen. McKenzie (01:58:29):
Well, I've stated consistently that my position was, if you go below 2,500, you're going to look at a collapse of the Afghan milita

Geez, that transcript is loaded with the miltary saying they recommended to keep the Trump levels of troops

There is a pubic transcript for the Q&A from the House too. That 2,500 was the also number needed to sustain operations with the Afghan Army. Scheduled to end when we finally withdrew. Don't forget if we leave any number behind they become a target that we'd have to protect with more troop deployments.

But kudos for looking. They have all kinds of interesting tidbits spun throughout the testimony.

Forum List

Back