President Trump: “We are at the brink of World War 3 in Ukraine. And we need a peace deal right now. I would have a peace deal within 24hrs"

No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It’s been a stable situation for the last several years.
It had not been stable at 2, 500 troops for years. When the Accord was signed....

"when Ambassador Khalilzad signed the Doha agreement with Mullah Baradar on 29, February, 2020, United States at 12,600 US troops with 8,000 NATO and 10,500 contractors."

Furthermore, it was not stable in Afghanistan. Well except for US and Allied forces, who had a Truce with the Taliban. The Afghan people, the Army, and the Government were still under attack by the Taliban.

I don't think they had a choice. They had broke the agreement by then
The Taliban broke the agreement on March 10, 2020. Trump ignored their breach and reduce our troop strength regardless. By doing that he took away any future leverage we had to enforce the peace negotiations without redeploying combat troops.

yes, and they totally contridicted Xiden's lies. https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/poli...testimony-contradiction-fact-check/index.html

Fact Check: Military testimony on Afghanistan appears to contradict Biden’s previous statements on troop levels​

To clarify, Stephanopoulous asked, “So no one told – your military advisers did not tell you, ‘No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It’s been a stable situation for the last several years. We can do that. We can continue to do that’?” To which Biden said, “No one said that to me that I can recall.”

Milley told lawmakers that his assessment in fall 2020, which “remained consistent,” was that the US should “keep a steady state” of 2,500 troops.

You seriously think 2500 troops would hold back Taliban, or is everything an argument of convinience for you?

If 2500 stayed we'd have a lot more body bags coming back and then have to increase troop numbers again to save face. It was a stupid plan and Biden did well to avoid it.

You seriously think 2500 troops would hold back Taliban, or is everything an argument of convinience for you?

If 2500 stayed we'd have a lot more body bags coming back and then have to increase troop numbers again to save face. It was a stupid plan and Biden did well to avoid it.
that’s what the military recommended…why would i question the experts?

that’s what the military recommended…why would i question the experts?
Because I have a brain and a benefit of 20/20 hind vision.

No way in hell 2500 was enough to keep the country togather.

Biden's other millitary advisors recomended differently and he made the right choice.

The Taliban broke the agreement on March 10, 2020. Trump ignored their breach and reduce our troop strength regardless. By doing that he took away any future leverage we had to enforce the peace negotiations without redeploying combat troops.
He didn’t bring it all the way to 2500 then..stop lying.

Because I have a brain. Duh.

Biden's other millitary advisors recomended differently and he made the right choice.
what other advisors? other the. the chairman of the joint chiefs? hahaha

i defer to the experts..it’s amazin you and xiden think you are smarter then the experts

the Taliban already violated it, we were well within our rights to keep the troops. Because they were in fact in compliance, for some time, and Trump keep the levels that the military recommend. Why did Xiden ignore the military and the agreement? Trump didn't

You're not answering my question ... WHY did Trump remove ANY troops when the Taliban was not in compliance with his agreement?

You're not answering my question ... WHY did Trump remove ANY troops when the Taliban was not in compliance with his agreement?
because we didn’t need that many there. He was following rhe advice of the military and committed to working out a peace deal. The Taliban didn’t fall out of complained until after he left office

what other advisors? other the. the chairman of the joint chiefs? hahaha

i defer to the experts..it’s amazin you and xiden think you are smarter then the experts
Silly, millitary advisors don't have a crystal ball to know how things turn out. They don't have the benefit of 20/20 vision we have when looking back at the events.

Few predicted just how hollow Afghani leadership and millitary was, but even Biden who thought they would last longer understood that keeping insufficient forces will just lead to having to re-escalate troop levels later.

because we didn’t need that many there.

51Lvg1EAeqL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Yes we did dummy.

because we didn’t need that many there. He was following rhe advice of the military and committed to working out a peace deal. The Taliban didn’t fall out of complained until after he left office

It doesn't matter that we didn't need that many. YOU said....

there wasn't going to be a withdraw if the taliban hadn't lived up to it's end of the agreement.

But the Taliban didn't live up to it yet Trump still pulled troops out.

And you're speaking out of both sides of your keyboard. On one hand, you say Biden should have ignored the peace agreement and leave troops there. But you also said he could have followed the agreement, which was to remove ALL the troops.

he [Biden] could of simply followed it....the Taliban was not in compliance with it.

Silly, millitary advisors don't have a crystal ball to know how things turn out. They don't have the benefit of 20/20 vision we have when looking back at the events.

Few predicted just how hollow Afghani leadership and millitary was, but even Biden who thought they would last longer understood that keeping insufficient forces will just lead to having to re-escalate troop levels later.
They are the experts....and yes 20/20 shows how big a blunder Xiden was for not listening and following the agreement

It doesn't matter that we didn't need that many. YOU said....

But the Taliban didn't live up to it yet Trump still pulled troops out.

And you're speaking out of both sides of your keyboard. On one hand, you say Biden should have ignored the peace agreement and leave troops there. But you also said he could have followed the agreement, which was to remove ALL the troops.

Trump did not pull out.....we still had troops there when he left office.....we had the number the military recommended of 2500

He ordered it on Nov. 17, 2020.
ok...he didn't in March of 2020....so what's your point? He wasn't going to do a complete withdraw as the agreement and military recommended.

The issue was months later, when Xiden ignored the military and the military and pulled them all out

Forum List

Back