Powerlifters, Bodybuilders?

Who lifts n why?

Keeps you young and healthy...Not bad for 50+ no performance enhancing drugs needed. I've never used them :cool:

3413-1415149530-5f93f3190bdc1ac2b562ea731f6dfe21.jpg

I use weights when I work out, but I wouldn't consider what I do to be "lifting." Lol. 20 or 30 pounds is like my maximum for doing squats. Those are really heavy for me!!! My hands and elbows start to ache if I go any higher. :dunno:

Power lifting does not make good boxers because they are muscle bound.

I use weights when I work out, but I wouldn't consider what I do to be "lifting." Lol. 20 or 30 pounds is like my maximum for doing squats. Those are really heavy for me!!! My hands and elbows start to ache if I go any higher. :dunno:

30 pounds is almost 1/3 of my body weight! :lol: So I think that is pretty good.

r

30 pounds is almost 1/3 of my body weight! :lol: So I think that is pretty good.

You and your friend put a pair if boxing 8 ounce gloves on and pound it out in the sheep barn, The body bag is a burlap bag filled with corn cobs that you hit with your bare hands until they bleed. Timed three minute rounds and one minute to rest between rounds. To use the speed bag you have to come to my house.

r

You and your friend put a pair if boxing 8 ounce gloves on and pound it out in the sheep barn, The body bag is a burlap bag filled with corn cobs that you hit with your bare hands until they bleed. Timed three minute rounds and one minute to rest between rounds. To use the speed bag you have to come to my house.

I live in a townhouse in the city. :D We don't have barns or corn cobs around here. Lol. And I'm not into hurting myself, thanks. I have to use my hands for work!

Who lifts n why?

I do because of my job - security, fire , EMS; for a Department of Defense contractor .

Some months ago - I hurt my left shoulder and scapula . So I have been out of the weight routine. I love to run , but the past five or six times I went to run at the gym on the treadmill , my nose started running like a water fountain.

Going to start back up in a month with weight lifting if my shoulder and scapula allows ; and work on my pec muscles and shoulders.

Shadow 355

I was bench pressing - workout routine with 155 pounds, curls and shoulder shrugs routine with 35 pounds.

Bench press - 12 reps : 5 times.

Curls and shoulder shrugs - 20 reps each : five times.

Shadow 355

I was bench pressing - workout routine with 155 pounds, curls and shoulder shrugs routine with 35 pounds. 12 reps : 5 times.

Curls and shoulder shrugs - 20 reps each : five times.

Shadow 355

I use smaller weights for working my arms, like 10 pound weights. I only use the heavier ones when I'm doing squats or lunges. I'm pretty tiny, and I don't want to injure myself AND I don't really want to be UGE like JRoc. :D Lol.

Ur bettering urself that's all that matters. Heavy weights aren't always determining factor when making progress.

I should have been more specific, I didn't mean on professional level, more of a hobby. I hear this argument all the time, u have muscles so u can't box. First, I don't box, I fight to win. Second, every time I challenge that theory there's always an excuse.

Ur bettering urself that's all that matters. Heavy weights aren't always determining factor when making progress.

Well, like I said, I'm very petite, so I don't need to use really heavy weights and would probably just end up hurting myself. I don't want to be all "buff" or anything anyways. I only work out to stay thin and toned.

Forum List

Back