Possible techno signal detected coming from Proxima Centauri

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

I thought SETI was done? Perhaps it was just the SETI@Home project?

Either way this is interesting. Signal was in the 900mhz range which apparently isn't a range commonly used on earth.

• Banned
Lets go check it out! Will only take 90K years to get there lol
I read a study last week that says we are in fact very close to warp technology.
I'll see if I can find it in my history
I read an article explaining how we are sending particles at, or almost at, the speed of light. Thats step 1!

Either way this is interesting. Signal was in the 900mhz range which apparently isn't a range commonly used on earth.

Interesting

Just the other day I posted on the share your bucket list thread. I don't have much of a bucket list simply because I have seen and done a lot of stuff that would normally make up such a list.

My number one however has always been to live long enough to see hard scientific proof of life on other worlds. I don't strictly mean intelligent life but that would be a great one. I'd be happy with finding some microbes in mars or some little creature swimming around Europa's oceans or whatever.

Thanks story is interesting but it seems the scientists studying it are thinking it will be a signal from earth that the sensitive antenna picked up.

Seems it would be easy to point it at proximal B and keep listening for more signals. Maybe not I don't know.

Just have to wait and see and keep hoping we discover life beyond earth one way or another

900mhz is primarily used for Emergency radios. It's all over the place. It's used by the Fire Departments, and many others. I have also seen it used in RCs but that was very short lived. It's a band that does not require any licensing and cannot exceed 1 watt transmission. It's similar to the 2.4ghz that is used in almost every other RC, WIFI and many others but 900MHZ is not line of site like 2.4GHZ is. It's a lower band and can go through trees, small hills and buildings. Makes it ideal for uses as an Emergency radio system.

900mhz is primarily used for Emergency radios. It's all over the place. It's used by the Fire Departments, and many others. I have also seen it used in RCs but that was very short lived. It's a band that does not require any licensing and cannot exceed 1 watt transmission. It's similar to the 2.4ghz that is used in almost every other RC, WIFI and many others but 900MHZ is not line of site like 2.4GHZ is. It's a lower band and can go through trees, small hills and buildings. Makes it ideal for uses as an Emergency radio system.

Not according to the FCC

Not according to the FCC

Nothing in your article contradicts anything I said. But it does say that it "Proposes" meaning that it's not effective. And the whole 900MHZ spectrum is still used for the older purposes I laid out. Again, taken right out of your own cite.

Are you just arguing to argue?

Not according to the FCC

Nothing in your article contradicts anything I said. But it does say that it "Proposes" meaning that it's not effective. And the whole 900MHZ spectrum is still used for the older purposes I laid out. Again, taken right out of your own cite.

The article says it is for private land communications.
And I wasn't the one disputing the op, you were. If you don't want to argue don't.

Not according to the FCC

The article says it is for private land communications.
And I wasn't the one disputing the op, you were. If you don't want to argue don't.

Private, as in Non Military and Non Licensed. There are many companies within a 1/2 mile of here that have 900hmz antennas up that are private concerns that leases their services to the cops fire departments, Hospitals and many other Emergency Services. Ever watch Rescue 911? That's the frequency that they are operating at. It gets back to Ramparts through the civilian emergency radio network that they have to Pay to use.

And I even remember seeing the short lived 900mhz Cordless Phones. And the short lived 900mhz Radio Controlled Aircraft Radios. Shortfall? The Antenna is larger than the 2.4Ghz and it doesn't really work any better in those application over the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz applications. So they died out pretty quick but not from the FCC. Just common sense in Manufacturing and use.

900Mhz is also used for Wifi extention when you have to go over a hill or through buildings in private life. I've installed them myself. They look and operate exactly like the normal 2.4Ghz units do. But on the receiving end, you will either have to hard wire into the system or convert it to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

Your article just leaves out all the other applications that it can be legally used for.

I've always speculated that the gods of ancient civilizations and even some stories in the Bible could have been based on actual ET encounters

Yah, I know. They visited the Earth just last week looking for Intelligent life. After doing an exhausting study finally came to the conclusion that there isn't any, gave up and went home disappointed. The new Space Highway will be coming through right on schedule but the Earth is in it's way. Eminent Domain and all that. It's going to be a wondrous explosion. Look for it on Channel #$%# for further updates.

I've always speculated that the gods of ancient civilizations and even some stories in the Bible could have been based on actual ET encounters

Yah, I know. They visited the Earth just last week looking for Intelligent life. After doing an exhausting study finally came to the conclusion that there isn't any, gave up and went home disappointed. The new Space Highway will be coming through right on schedule but the Earth is in it's way. Eminent Domain and all that. It's going to be a wondrous explosion. Look for it on Channel #$%# for further updates.

Plenty of scientists agree that it's mathematically impossible for this planet to be the only one in the universe harboring life, but everyone is obviously free to believe what they want.

Forum List

Back