Possible techno signal detected coming from Proxima Centauri

I've always speculated that the gods of ancient civilizations and even some stories in the Bible could have been based on actual ET encounters

Yah, I know. They visited the Earth just last week looking for Intelligent life. After doing an exhausting study finally came to the conclusion that there isn't any, gave up and went home disappointed. The new Space Highway will be coming through right on schedule but the Earth is in it's way. Eminent Domain and all that. It's going to be a wondrous explosion. Look for it on Channel #$%# for further updates.

Plenty of scientists agree that it's mathematically impossible for this planet to be the only one in the universe harboring life, but everyone is obviously free to believe what they want.

Lighten up or we are going to mistake you for Grandpa and that would mean the removal of at least 10 brain cells taking you down to 3.

I've always speculated that the gods of ancient civilizations and even some stories in the Bible could have been based on actual ET encounters

Yah, I know. They visited the Earth just last week looking for Intelligent life. After doing an exhausting study finally came to the conclusion that there isn't any, gave up and went home disappointed. The new Space Highway will be coming through right on schedule but the Earth is in it's way. Eminent Domain and all that. It's going to be a wondrous explosion. Look for it on Channel #$%# for further updates.

Plenty of scientists agree that it's mathematically impossible for this planet to be the only one in the universe harboring life, but everyone is obviously free to believe what they want.

Lighten up or we are going to mistake you for Grandpa and that would mean the removal of at least 10 brain cells taking you down to 3.
^^^^ complains about people instigating arguments, insults other posters for no reason....

Makes sense

Most scientists agree that it is probable that life exists elsewhere in some form or another.

From there the disagreements abound. Is it too far away to ever make any form of meaningful contact? Is it too primitive such as simple single cell life form? . DId it exist in the past and is now extinct?

Obviously we will not know until why find some kind of evidence and that may not be for a long time.

I still hope it is within my lifetime that we find SOMETHING even if it is nothing more than a living microbe or slime or something on one of jupiters moons, or some other world.

What makes it a little exciting right now is we are learning more and more all the time. We are learning about exo planets which exist within the habitable zone of other stars, and which are the right size to support life, and the number of such worlds are growing. We are learning more and more about small worlds near us such as water on other worlds and envirnments rich in the necessary conditions for life.

Even Venus has suddenly revealed that we may have overlooked something. The surface of Venus cannot plausibly support life as we know it but astronomers are taking a closer look at the venusion atmosphere where there is a region which could support simple life forms floating in the air.

We are learning more and more about life here which would seem to indicate that life might be more abundant than we realize. People fear extinction level events but in fact despite several such events life here on earth goes on. Life is actually very resilient once it takes hold. We are learning that forms of life exist in nearly all of the most extreme envrionments here on earth. This hints that life of some rudimentary kind could live on other harsher worlds.

We are still only BARELY beginning to look out at other worlds our ignorance far exceeds our knowledge but we are learning more and more every year. With a little luck we may discover something big within the next few decades.

Forum List

Back