Pope Calls For Civil Unions For Same-Sex Couples, In Major Departure From Vatican Doctrine

God does not approve
How arrogant of you to pretend that you know the mind of an omnipotent, unseen Supreme Being.
Why, the progs always seem to find Jesus just when they cant come to the table with anything moral.
The right’s unwarranted hatred of gay Americans renders conservatives amoral.
The lefts hatred of normal people renders Progs, well immoral...

So now even the pope believes that homosexuals should be able to marry. He says in a civil union which means he still doesn't advocate that homosexuals should be able to get married in a church but this endorsement is a step in the right direction.

He's talking civil unions. Only one man and one woman can be married.

We got married by a judge.

Was he drunk?
Alot of Judge's are.

No actually he was very nice and not drunk. We have been married for 34 years. We were to have our marriage blessed but I turned atheist and he didn't care one way or another.

No wonder you lack a sense of humor and never, evah sound happy! :auiqs.jpg:

What is heaven like?? Sitting around praying all day and worshipping. LOL.

It's like something that you will never experience since you put all of your eggs into the one basket of the corporeal world.

What is heaven like??

Why do you keep asking like a parrot?
You're an atheist, afterall.

Is that the only reason you believe to have eternal life, I got news for you, it isn't happening.

We are spiritual beings having a human existence.
This is the part that Dimm Neo-Marxists cannot connect to!
Which is why you have no true understanding of concepts like liberty and freedom.
In God We Trust.

No I'm have a human experience. Yet you call me names. I believe in liberty and freedom as long as it doesn't encroach on other people.
Does liberty and freedom mean taking responsibility for your own actions, or blaming someone else if you fuck up? Does liberty and freedom mean stealing other peoples stuff, just so you can give it to someone else?

That would be tramp.
You didnt answer my question if you agree with Liberty and freedom?

God does not approve
How would you know what God approves and disapproves of - blaspheming heretical slut!
Scripture.
Where in scripture?
First off, do you believe Scripture is the Word of God?
No, because it clearly isn't. The Bible is made up of texts from hundreds of authors none of which claim (to my knowledge) to have been instructed by God.

Only Muslims can claim the Quran to be the word of God as its single author the Prophet Mohammed spoke directly to God.

Anyway, for the sake of the argument, I'm willing to drop my personal beliefs and say it IS the word of God, so now tell me what passages you refer to, in your claim that God condemns same-sex commitments.

God does not approve
How arrogant of you to pretend that you know the mind of an omnipotent, unseen Supreme Being.
Why, the progs always seem to find Jesus just when they cant come to the table with anything moral.

They profess to be such Christianly, yet they believe God made mistakes.
They profess to be Christians, yet they hate their fellow man – all of whom are children of ‘god.’

God does not approve
The lefts hatred of normal people renders Progs, well immoral...

Who is "the left"? Who are "normal people"? No one group across the political spectrum represents "morality." There is no universal agreement as to what constitutes "morality" to begin with. Regardless of what you think "morality" means, it touches upon all aspects of voluntary conduct. I don't know what religion you practice, but Christians traditionally recognize seven "deadly" sins: envy, gluttony, greed or avarice, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath.

God does not approve
How would you know what God approves and disapproves of - blaspheming heretical slut!
Scripture.
Where in scripture?
No, because it clearly isn't. The Bible is made up of texts from hundreds of authors none of which claim (to my knowledge) to have been instructed by God.

Only Muslims can claim the Quran to be the word of God as its single author the Prophet Mohammed spoke directly to God.

Anyway, for the sake of the argument, I'm willing to drop my personal beliefs and say it IS the word of God, so now tell me what passages you refer to, in your claim that God condemns same-sex commitments.
Nope. I don't waste my time.

God does not approve
Scripture.
This fails as an appeal to authority fallacy.

‘Scripture’ is written by men – reflecting man’s fear, ignorance, and hate; consequently, ‘scripture’ is devoid of moral authority and irrelevant in matters of civil law.
Christians believe that the Scriptures are the highest authority. Many claim to be Christians, yet reject the authority of Scripture. Jesus called them "wolves in sheep's clothing".

If the Catholic Church doesn't stand for what God teaches through the Bible no one else will.

This Pope is a disaster.
There are millions of Christians around the world who believe the Scriptures, and they aren't catholic.
Every other Christian church other than the Catholic Church has the same problem -- it is not preserved from error by the Holy Spirit.

The Catholic Church is preserved from error, which is why I can say with confidence that this Pope will never put any of his heretical ideas into an encyclical.

If the Catholic Church doesn't stand for what God teaches through the Bible no one else will.

This Pope is a disaster.
There are millions of Christians around the world who believe the Scriptures, and they aren't catholic.
Every other Christian church other than the Catholic Church has the same problem -- it is not preserved from error by the Holy Spirit.

The Catholic Church is preserved from error, which is why I can say with confidence that this Pope will never put any of his heretical ideas into an encyclical.
The Catholic church has plenty of error. The Holy Spirit dwells in people, not a denomination.

God does not approve

I've read His book....you should

Start here....

This Pope is a disaster.

The Catholic church has plenty of error. The Holy Spirit dwells in people, not a denomination.
That is a Protestant error.

This Pope is a disaster.

That is a Protestant error.
No, that's Scripture.

God does not approve
If you read the Bible you can. He lays it out in black and white. Unless you are a child of satan.

I don't think that the Supreme Being actually wrote the bible or any other sacred text in any religion. This "child of satan" stuff is just nutty.
The "Supreme Being" inspired particular humans (HE chose) to write what HE wished, as HE saw fit. A child of Satan is anyone who is not redeemed. In other words, everyone who intentionally rejects CHRIST/MESSIAH is not one with GOD and that one's name isn't found in the LAMB's BOOK OF LIFE. GOD does protect HIS holy word found in the Bible. And the Bible and not some pope is the Standard of CHRIST's CHURCH, and the rod by which everything else is measured.

Last edited:
God does not approve
Scripture.
Where in scripture?

Nope. I don't waste my time.
Good, so I'll 'cut to the chase', right-wing Trumpsters can not possibly claim to be Christians.
The two are wholly incompatible!

Forum List

Back