Poll: Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

• Total voters
Well, 'appropriate government' for me means less of it in our lives. Gridlock is a good thing. It limits the damage they can do.

Imagine how spunky you'd feel if the trains simply ran on time, you felt secure wherever you walked, and food safety was never called into question? :eusa_eh:

There is a difference between 'appropriate' and 'less'.

Less for the sake of less leads to anarchy and what little security there is provided by armed thugs working for psychopaths.

What if We spent money on roads, bridges and schools instead of on bombs, weapons and security and nobody cared what you smoked or who you fucked? Picture well paid legislators not doing anything because there's literally nothing for them to do.... waiting around for an actual natural or industrial disaster to respond to...

You know... 'appropriate' government. ;)

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

I say that you are a fucking idiot. 287 bills are laying on Harry Reids desk. He refuses to bring them to the floor for a vote. YOUR liberal Nazi leaders hold sole responsibility for this gridlock.

Americans should embrace Gridlock. Government is already interfering too much in Citizens' lives. There are way too many Laws being passed. Congress needs to convene less often. When they're away, the can't do any damage. Because the fact is, the more they meet, the more damage they do. It's a Vicious Circle. So Gridlock should not be considered the 'Boogeyman' many would like you to believe it is. We desperately need less Government, not more.

Exactly, so let's eliminate the military.

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, after we eliminate people with their hands out all the time.....starting with you.

Americans should embrace Gridlock. Government is already interfering too much in Citizens' lives. There are way too many Laws being passed. Congress needs to convene less often. When they're away, the can't do any damage. Because the fact is, the more they meet, the more damage they do. It's a Vicious Circle. So Gridlock should not be considered the 'Boogeyman' many would like you to believe it is. We desperately need less Government, not more.

Exactly, so let's eliminate the military.

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, after we eliminate people with their hands out all the time.....starting with you.

I earned my retirement checks, NaziConChick.

Well, 'appropriate government' for me means less of it in our lives. Gridlock is a good thing. It limits the damage they can do.

Imagine how spunky you'd feel if the trains simply ran on time, you felt secure wherever you walked, and food safety was never called into question? :eusa_eh:

There is a difference between 'appropriate' and 'less'.

Less for the sake of less leads to anarchy and what little security there is provided by armed thugs working for psychopaths.

What if We spent money on roads, bridges and schools instead of on bombs, weapons and security and nobody cared what you smoked or who you fucked? Picture well paid legislators not doing anything because there's literally nothing for them to do.... waiting around for an actual natural or industrial disaster to respond to...

You know... 'appropriate' government. ;)

Well what's 'appropriate' to you, may not be to me. Government is out of control. We need more Gridlock. In fact, i'd even say Congress should go home and stay home most of the time. They should meet very sparingly. Just a couple times a year. The less they meet, the less damage they can do.

What gridlock they are in recess?

What grid lock the NYTs is praising Obama for keeping the majority of his promises?

Can't the left ever run on what they have done good? Of course they can't.

Americans just need to change their approach to Government intrusion in their lives. They should embrace Gridlock. Because it's all about damage control at this point. 'Do-Nothing' Congresses should be fully embraced. There's just too much Government now. It needs to be scaled back.

It needs to be scaled back to appropriate levels and functions and that's going to require work.

Gridlock is paying representatives a half a million each to schmooze with professional negotiators looking for government spending.

Embracing gridlock sounds like a sad, slow, masochistically cruel way to surrender a democracy to the would be slave masters to this average Joe.

:eusa_hand: Pass!

`

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

I say that you are a fucking idiot. 287 bills are laying on Harry Reids desk. He refuses to bring them to the floor for a vote. YOUR liberal Nazi leaders hold sole responsibility for this gridlock.

So, do you expect Harry Reid to pass all that NaziCon shit that the House sent over? Why didn't the House pass Obama's American Jobs Act and send it to Reid? Get real...

I will absolutely agree that there is FAR too much government intrusion into our lives. I would LOVE to see a leader that simply shuts down 60% of this monster. It will never happen, however.

Massive government means no way to hold anyone or anything accountable. ANYONE. They simply blame it on "Washington" - never admitting that THEY ARE WASHINGTON.

2d6mw44.jpg

So, do you expect Harry Reid to pass all that NaziCon shit that the House sent over? Get real...

Harry Reid doesn't "pass" anything you dumbass. It is HIS JOB to bring those bills to the floor of the Senate for a vote however. THAT IS WHAT WE SEND THEM THERE FOR you twit.

Doesn't matter. Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid will be the new "Cloak Room Monitor" after the Midterms and America will FINALLY get back to work.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....

more

Last edited by a moderator:

So, do you expect Harry Reid to pass all that NaziCon shit that the House sent over? Get real...

Harry Reid doesn't "pass" anything you dumbass. It is HIS JOB to bring those bills to the floor of the Senate for a vote however. THAT IS WHAT WE SEND THEM THERE FOR you twit.

Doesn't matter. Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid will be the new "Cloak Room Monitor" after the Midterms and America will FINALLY get back to work.

Sure, Randy, sure...

By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....

more

Thank you!

By Mike Lofgren

more

More Nazi propaganda.

I will absolutely agree that there is FAR too much government intrusion into our lives. I would LOVE to see a leader that simply shuts down 60% of this monster. It will never happen, however.

Massive government means no way to hold anyone or anything accountable. ANYONE. They simply blame it on "Washington" - never admitting that THEY ARE WASHINGTON.

Yeah, i pray for a whole lot more Gridlock. It's exactly what our Nation needs. It's all about damage control now.

I don't care who is causing the gridlock as long as it continues indefinitely.

The less the corrupt assholes in government to the better for the people.

By Mike Lofgren

more

More Nazi propaganda.

You should be an expert on Nazi propaganda.

By Mike Lofgren

more

Sure sounds like a HIT PIECE on Tea Party Conservatives by a RINO OPERATIVE.... but that's PROBABLY why it was done!

Forum List

Back