POLL: What should the punishment be for protesting football players?

How should NFL players be punished?

• No punishment

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Fine each time they do it

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Fine & Suspension

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • You're Fired!

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Mango. Mango everywhere.

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
20170925_nfl2_0.jpg

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?
They don't have a 1st Amendment Right, they are at work. The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech, private businesses can set their rules for their companies.
Yes, they're at work.

So far, no one has lost their job, no one has been punished.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?

They don't have a 1st Amendment Right, they are at work. The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech, private businesses can set their rules for their companies.

They still have the 1st Amendment Right when at work.

By saying "they don't have a 1st Amendment Right" because they are at work would mean that the government would be able to infringe on their freedom of speech at work.

However, in this case, the government (i.e Trump) is getting rather close to indirectly infringing on their 1st Amendment Right by making strongly worded "recommendations" to their employer, and instigating a boycott of their employer.

Trump should shut his fucking mouth about everything.

They should be forced to listen to that annoying song hour after hour. I prefer root canal myself.

By saying "they don't have a 1st Amendment Right" because they are at work would mean that the government would be able to infringe on their freedom of speech at work.

However, in this case, the government (i.e Trump) is getting rather close to indirectly infringing on their 1st Amendment Right by making strongly worded "recommendations" to their employer, and instigating a boycott of their employer.

No, they don't. The 1st Amendment does not cover you while you are at work. You can be fired for exactly what these people are doing.

No, Trump saying the owners firing them would be awsome to see isn't anything related to the 1st Amendment. He has 1st Amendment rights as well.

Those stupid fucking players shouldn't fucking insult the people paying their salaries...and I mean the customers, not the owners..

You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S.......

Those stupid fucking players shouldn't fucking insult the people paying their salaries...and I mean the customers, not the owners..

Our tax dollars shouldn't be pouring in to professional sports to pimp them into putting marionettes on display for fake-patriotism charades in the first place, without which none of this shit would have been even possible.

It's illegal too. That's why the NFL returned 3/4 of a million bucks of that taxpayer pimp money to the government --- although I'm willing to bet you didn't get a refund for it, didja.

Fucking obsequious tool.

And your tax dollars shouldn't be pouring in to professional sports to pimp them into putting marionettes on display for fake-patriotism charades.

It's illegal too. That's why the NFL returned 3/4 of a million bucks of that taxpayer pimp money to the government --- although I'm willing to bet you didn't get a refund for it, didja.

Fucking obsequious tool.

Who said I want any tax money going to the NFL or the owners? Stupid fuck. Are you always this fucking stupid, or do you practice extra hard for when you post online....dumb ass.

Our tax dollars shouldn't be pouring in to professional sports to pimp them into putting marionettes on display for fake-patriotism charades.

Fucking obsequious tool.

Who said I want any tax money going to the NFL or the owners? Stupid fuck. Are you always this fucking stupid, or do you practice extra hard for when you post online....dumb ass.

You did, since you're bending over backward to defend it even after that scandal was exposed.

Our tax dollars shouldn't be pouring in to professional sports to pimp them into putting marionettes on display for fake-patriotism charades.

Fucking obsequious tool.

You did, since you're bending over backward to defend it even after that scandal was exposed.

What are you talking about? Look, drinking and doing drugs is not smart, so you should really get help....dumb ass.

No, they don't. The 1st Amendment does not cover you while you are at work. You can be fired for exactly what these people are doing.

No, Trump saying the owners firing them would be awsome to see isn't anything related to the 1st Amendment. He has 1st Amendment rights as well.

The first amendment absolutely does cover you while you are at work. However, it does not protect you from being punished or fired by your employer for poor conduct. You don't lose first amendment protections because you are on the job, you just have to realize that the first amendment doesn't mean employers are forced to allow employees to say whatever they want on company time, or while representing the company.

Trump does have first amendment rights as well. I wish he would be more circumspect in how he uses them, but he absolutely has first amendment rights.

Perhaps the players shouldn't insult the customers, but after years of customers not seeming to care when the players use drugs, cheat, beat their wives, beat their children, kill dogs, and kill other people, they might not have expecting simply kneeling during the national anthem to upset the customers much.

Who doesn't have first amendment rights "on U.S."?

Fucking obsequious tool.

What are you talking about? Look, drinking and doing drugs is not smart, so you should really get help....dumb ass.

Then maybe you should do your frickin' homework instead of the drink and drugs -- ya think?

Why the fuck do you think those player-marionettes are trotted out there for a national anthem in the first place, an event that has absolutely ZERO to do with football?

Here's why.

There it is, your tax dollars --- that is if you pay any. And that's the bullshit you're defending.
Good job, Dumbass.

The first amendment absolutely does cover you while you are at work. However, it does not protect you from being punished or fired by your employer for poor conduct. You don't lose first amendment protections because you are on the job, you just have to realize that the first amendment doesn't mean employers are forced to allow employees to say whatever they want on company time, or while representing the company.

Trump does have first amendment rights as well. I wish he would be more circumspect in how he uses them, but he absolutely has first amendment rights.

Perhaps the players shouldn't insult the customers, but after years of customers not seeming to care when the players use drugs, cheat, beat their wives, beat their children, kill dogs, and kill other people, they might not have expecting simply kneeling during the national anthem to upset the customers much.

Wow....you are a dumb shit....

You create a distinction without a difference dumb ass......

There is a huge difference between not being covered by the first amendment, and the first amendment being limited in its protections. I'm simply clarifying that being at work does not remove first amendment constitutional protections.

You may not see a difference between saying, "The first amendment does not protect you from being punished by your employer for conduct at work" and, "The first amendment does not cover you at work," but there certainly is one.

You are right that the first amendment does not prevent the NFL from firing protesting players for rules or code of conduct violations. You are wrong to make that point by claiming the first amendment does not cover someone at work.

Do you think immediately resorting to insults somehow makes your mistaken terminology correct?

You also might want to consider skipping insults about another poster's intelligence when you write sentences such as "You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S......"

There is a huge difference between not being covered by the first amendment, and the first amendment being limited in its protections. I'm simply clarifying that being at work does not remove first amendment constitutional protections.

You may not see a difference between saying, "The first amendment does not protect you from being punished by your employer for conduct at work" and, "The first amendment does not cover you at work," but there certainly is one.

You are right that the first amendment does not prevent the NFL from firing protesting players for rules or code of conduct violations. You are wrong to make that point by claiming the first amendment does not cover someone at work.

Do you think immediately resorting to insults somehow makes your mistaken terminology correct?

You also might want to consider skipping insults about another poster's intelligence when you write sentences such as "You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S......"

I apologize.....I thought your post was one from pogo........that was why it was so aggressive...pogo is an asshat who has been a moron for a long time.....

Again, I apologize, I post in a lot of forums on a lot of threads and sometimes I mix up who the poster is who I am responding to.....

Okay, yes, another thread on this, sue me.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

My answer was "No punishment". If the team is okay with it, so am I.

I want them fired or I want the NFL run out of business.

Forum List

Back