POLL -- What should term limits BE for ALL politicians?

Should ALL political offices have TERM LIMITS?

• All term limits should be 1 year only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All term limits should be 2 years only

• All term limits should be 3 years only

• All term limits should be as long as they get voted into office

• All term limits should be until they get caught lying or in a criminal act

• All term limits should be maxed at 50 years old

• All term limits should be maxed at 60 years old

• All term limits should be maxed at 80 years old

• All term limits should be age, pay, and benefit restricted - terms voted by the people

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It sure seems like that would create more problems than it solves. I don't think the current government should have control over who gets funding to run against it.
I wouldnt want them to pick and choose

I wouldnt want them to pick and choose
And how do you prevent it?

I think such a scheme would end up like gerrymandering, if not worse. Whichever party is in power will be tweaking the rules in their favor.

Term limits translate to mistrust for the democratic process. What's wrong with keeping a congress person who does a good job and is admired by the constituency? An age limit might make sense but with the exception of the president, term limits are for morons.

And how do you prevent it?

I think such a scheme would end up like gerrymandering, if not worse. Whatever party is in power will be tweaking the rules in their favor.
Codify it with an amendment. IDK you are probably right. As i said, there are probably better ways to get money out of politics.

Its voters. Thats the problem.
Mostly. But winner-take-all, pluralistic elections are pushing voters to do stupid things. In my view, our problems with elections begin and end with "lesser-of-two-evils". As long as people are voting for bad candidates on purpose, this ship will continue to sink.

Mostly. But winner-take-all, pluralistic elections are pushing voters to do stupid things. In my view, our problems with elections begin and end with "lesser-of-two-evils". As long as people are voting for bad candidates on purpose, this ship will continue to sink.
You got that right!

Forum List

Back