POLL -- What should term limits BE for ALL politicians?

Should ALL political offices have TERM LIMITS?

• All term limits should be 1 year only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All term limits should be 2 years only

• All term limits should be 3 years only

• All term limits should be as long as they get voted into office

• All term limits should be until they get caught lying or in a criminal act

• All term limits should be maxed at 50 years old

• All term limits should be maxed at 60 years old

• All term limits should be maxed at 80 years old

• All term limits should be age, pay, and benefit restricted - terms voted by the people

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upon reintroduction, Sen. Cruz said:

“Every year, Congress spends billions of dollars on giveaways for the well-connected: Washington insiders get taxpayer money and members of Congress get re-elected, all while the system fails the American people. It’s no wonder that the vast majority of Americans from every political stripe – Republicans, Democrats, and Independents – overwhelmingly support congressional term limits.

“The rise of political careerism in today’s Congress is a sharp departure from what the Founders intended for our federal governing bodies. I have long called for this solution for the brokenness of Washington, D.C., and I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable. As I have done in the past, I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification.”

We'll see what Lyin' Ted says in 2024.

"I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable." I have not heard him bitch slapping Rubio around.

If your constituents keep electing you, you should keep serving

I don’t think term limits get you better candidates
I agree but the goal of term limits is to curb the political corruption that occurs when people are in office for decades as we see today. There is a reason that the Congress Critters want to remain in office forever because the longer you are there the more influence you have and the bigger the kickbacks from favorable votes and lobbyists. There isn't a single member of Congress who has been in office for 30 years or more who isn't a millionaire many times over.

Upon reintroduction, Sen. Cruz said:

“Every year, Congress spends billions of dollars on giveaways for the well-connected: Washington insiders get taxpayer money and members of Congress get re-elected, all while the system fails the American people. It’s no wonder that the vast majority of Americans from every political stripe – Republicans, Democrats, and Independents – overwhelmingly support congressional term limits.

“The rise of political careerism in today’s Congress is a sharp departure from what the Founders intended for our federal governing bodies. I have long called for this solution for the brokenness of Washington, D.C., and I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable. As I have done in the past, I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification.”

We'll see what Lyin' Ted says in 2024.

"I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable." I have not heard him bitch slapping Rubio around.
Nor any leftist scum either.

In politics, the longer they stay the more corrupt they get.
IMHO two terms should be the limit, just like for the president.
Old geezers just can't keep up, like when Biden said "play records for your kids" or some such anachronistic horseshit.
Dude us old folks in the know play 8 tracks!

I agree but the goal of term limits is to curb the political corruption that occurs when people are in office for decades as we see today. There is a reason that the Congress Critters want to remain in office forever because the longer you are there the more influence you have and the bigger the kickbacks from favorable votes and lobbyists. There isn't a single member of Congress who has been in office for 30 years or more who isn't a millionaire many times over.
Actually the goal is to get losers elected who can’t otherwise get elected. Experienced Congress members understand the intricate rules, what it takes to close a deal, what the demands of their constituency is.

Why not elect someone who has no clue on how to do the job?

Term limits aren't the problem. It's the virtually unlimited funds they have to play around with. We need to restrict their access to our money.
It's all about the money. Getting it out of politics would (mostly) solve the problem.
Term limits wouldn't be such an issue then.

Almost all people who have any kind of political stance believe ALL politicial offices should have TERM LIMITS.

What should those limits be?

Should there be detrimental punishments for politicians that don't hold up their promises/lie/cheat/steal/money launder/murder/insider trading/Big Business bribes?

View attachment 667358
6 years in the Senate and 6 years in the House.

It's all about the money. Getting it out of politics would (mostly) solve the problem.
getting private money out would mean then we would only have government money influencing elections. Your "solution" is worse than the problem.

If your constituents keep electing you, you should keep serving

I don’t think term limits get you better candidates
I agree. If voters are stupid enough to elect corrupt leaders, over and over again, they don't deserve better.

getting private money out would mean then we would only have government money influencing elections. Your "solution" is worse than the problem.
Couldn't agree more. The last thing we want is sitting regimes deciding who gets to run against them.

The lobbyists spending is a fraction of what the politicians 'give' back to them in tax dollars. Too much government money is the problem.

Forum List

Back