Politifact debunks claim that Trump paid millions in income taxes in 2016, 2017 and 2018

There's a thread here in USMB (based on fake news from Facebook) spreading the income tax lie, by the way.
Trump likely has paid other types of taxes, but PolitiFact found no evidence he has paid millions in income taxes.
Fact-checkers Who Didn't "Fact Check"

Posted to show PolitiFact... Not fact checking.

PolitiFact found no evidence he has paid millions in income taxes.

And no evidence he didn't.
Well his tax returns did say he paid $750 bucks. Those caliming he paid millions are going on the fact he paid that in estimated future taxes but then he got all that written off so it's valid to say he didn't pay millions.

Well his tax returns did say he paid $750 bucks.

Awesome!!

Can you post those docs?

There's a thread here in USMB (based on fake news from Facebook) spreading the income tax lie, by the way.
Trump likely has paid other types of taxes, but PolitiFact found no evidence he has paid millions in income taxes.
Butthurt fake news. Always the same. You idiots find some leftist BS and spew it 24/7.
Brietbart fake news. Always the same. You idiots find some rightist BS and spew it 24/7.

PolitiFact found no evidence he has paid millions in income taxes.

And no evidence he didn't.
Well his tax returns did say he paid $750 bucks. Those caliming he paid millions are going on the fact he paid that in estimated future taxes but then he got all that written off so it's valid to say he didn't pay millions.

Well his tax returns did say he paid $750 bucks.

Awesome!!

Can you post those docs?
You know damn well where that $750 figure came from..stop playing the fool.

This is not a complicated matter. Trump paid essentially NO INCOME TAXES, but he and his scores of businesses paid MILLIONS IN TAXES...sales taxes payroll taxes, real estate taxes, permit fees, etc. There is no contradiction.

Why not? Why do people get tax credits or reductions?
People get tax credits or "reductions" for doing things that the law says they get tax credits for.

It's not the same as paying taxes because they don't result in paying taxes.

Butthurt fake news. Always the same. You idiots find some leftist BS and spew it 24/7.
Brietbart fake news. Always the same. You idiots find some rightist BS and spew it 24/7.
I never listen to them, liar.

Why not? Why do people get tax credits or reductions?
People get tax credits or "reductions" for doing things that the law says they get tax credits for.

It's not the same as paying taxes because they don't result in paying taxes.
Why does the law say they get it? Why would they make a law, to give tax credits/reductions?

Stay with me... We'll get there if you want to.

You know damn well where that $750 figure came from..

Someone who claims they have the documents.....but won't publish them.
Pretty sure that it's illegal. So... They have a good reason not to... Of course, it also gives them a great excuse to lie, and then say they can't prove it... Because it's illegal. Of course if what they are saying is TRUE... Then it's illegal. They have committed a crime... So...

Edit: I should explain that... You are not allowed to disclose tax information on a citizen of the United States without their permission. Understand that the President is a Natural Citizen of the United States, you can't be president without being one. /Edit

Really the only way they can come out unscathed in this... Is if what they said isn't true.

Last edited:
You know damn well where that $750 figure came from..

Someone who claims they have the documents.....but won't publish them.
Don't think the NY Times has the legal authority to publish the tax returns..just examine them and report on some of the findings.

Don't think the NY Times has the legal authority to publish the tax returns..just examine them and report on some of the findings.

So you said he paid $750, but the docs haven't been published.
You're taking the word of the NYT. You lied.

Who fact checks "politifact"? Who gave Tampa Bay Times the authority to debunk anything?
That's one of the reasons I put up the video... Some of the "fact checkers" for politifact... Don't actually work for politifact. It's a 3rd party deal. I don't understand how it's actually taken seriously by anyone.

Here is the thing and until the IRS brings down some type of infraction I do not care if Trump paid taxes or not seeing he most likely made sure his accountants and lawyers found ways around him paying.

If it is discovered he did do tax evasion then punish him with the full extent of the law but until proven I just can not care about this one issue...

There are more better issues to attack him on...
Don’t you think we should have a tax system that doesn’t allow the very wealthy to avoid taxes like Trump does?
Yes. We need a flat tax with no deductions or credits. EVERYONE pays the same rate on every dollar in income they earn.

Someone makes 10X someone else, they pay 10X the taxes. Treat everyone the exact same way. But I'm sure you won't like a plan that is "fair" by treating everyone the same, right?
FarTaxZERO.jpg

So, an anonymous source who can't produce a single document claims Trump paid no taxes, and Politi"fact" takes that as the gospel and thinks Trump needs to prove them wrong.

Once again they expose what leftist hacks they are.
The source is financial documents. aka tax records.

And, the IRS doesnt have the resources to investigate to this level.
So, your source is "financial documents? dudmuck

Cool.

Let's see em.

GO!

Forum List

Back