Politics, "Wokeness" and Absurdity

If your market is MAGA maggots, you advertise with ignorance, secret organizations, bigotry, all level of hatred ,ugliness, Chauvinism , hate of our country and government, you promote dictatorship and you attack immigrants, gays and logic. That's how you market to the right

So what? A marketing exec makes a decision to try and reach a good portion of people who...drink beer. Just as "patriotic" marketers tried to reach those "best of Americans" in years past.
Bluntly put, this commercial..is still relevant 25+ years later...and still ranks as one of the funniest commercials AB ever did.

The marketing decision was to make transgender the face of Bud Light. That was far too political, social engineering, and 'woke' to be acceptable to normal Americans who don't consider transgendering to be normal.

Hate Nazis Opinion will never be acceptable in a democracy by patriots, so your ugliness has only future with other hater bigots and micro minds. Why should stupidity and bigotry and ugliness be excepted anywhere. To boot, if these products wanted to have you as their client, they would be blatantly hateful ugly and bigoted in their promotions and naming. Do you know how stupid your whole point is. If you want to market to the majority of the people, you advertise, promote and act the way your market wants you to. Are you really that stupid.
Since English is obviously your second language, would you mind sharing your native tongue with us?

If your market is MAGA maggots, you advertise with ignorance, secret organizations, bigotry, all level of hatred ,ugliness, Chauvinism , hate of our country and government, you promote dictatorship and you attack immigrants, gays and logic. That's how you market to the right
Wow, Donald Trump's commanding lead in the polls coupled with his domination of the CNN Town Hall the other day is driving the left insane. LOL

We are winning!

MAGA
TRUMP 2024

We have to give the ignorance test on this thread , Define woke, if you can't give a definition that means something , You should and will be ignored because of your ignorance.

The marketing decision was to make transgender the face of Bud Light. That was far too political, social engineering, and 'woke' to be acceptable to normal Americans.
And? Marketing. Trying to reach a growing segment of the people they want to spend money on a watered down hoppy swill they call "light beer".

"woke" is a right wing, weaponized term.
Just substitute the word "fear" for "woke".

And? Marketing. Trying to reach a growing segment of the people they want to spend money on a watered down hoppy swill they call "light beer".

"woke" is a right wing, weaponized term.
Just substitute the word "fear" for "woke".
'Fear' and 'woke' are by no means anywhere close to the same definition though the 'woke' use fear as a weapon to force people into line lest they be sued or prosecuted or cancelled.

And 'woke' is a term originally coined by the left to describe awareness or being aware or alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. It has evolved in the last decade or so to include all the concepts of progressivism as to what language, attitudes, belief, speech, metaphors, imagery, even history is to be allowed as acceptable

'Fear' and 'woke' are by no means anywhere close to the same definition though the 'woke' use fear as a weapon to force people into line lest they be sued or prosecuted or cancelled.

And 'woke' is a term originally coined by the left to describe awareness or being aware or alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. It has evolved in the last decade or so to include all the concepts of progressivism as to what language, attitudes, belief, speech, metaphors, imagery, even history is to be allowed as acceptable
Who other than Ron DeSantis is trying to pass laws about what is and isn't acceptable? 😄 He went after an entire company because he didn't like their inclusive message to children. Eat ass you Bingos. No one is buying your victimhood act.

At what point does all this become absurd? How can rational people not see not only the dichotomy but how absolutely ridiculous it is when only one point of view is to be allowed as socially acceptable? Is to be allowed at all? How unreasonable is that? How discriminatory? How un-liberal?
The Left brought this on itself with its ridiculous, divisive, counterproductive, illiberal weaponization of PC and Identity Politics (a tactic now known as "woke", as I understand it). They will never admit it, and I can't get them to here, but that was a big reason Trump was elected in the first place. It may have been the Right's biggest animating factor in the elections of 2016.

But then, in response, the Right is now doing the same things. As always, both ends of the spectrum over-react and go too far. ALWAYS. It just has to be their way or the highway. All or nothing. One or the other. If you don't do things our way, we won't engage you and communicate with you, we will come after you.

So now, as we continue to decay because both ends (not sides, but ends) are acting like children, it's up to one end or the other to be the adult in the room. I wonder which end that will be.

Last edited:
The Left brought this on itself with its ridiculous, divisive, counterproductive, illiberal weaponization of PC and Identity Politics (a tactic now known as "woke", as I understand it). They will never admit it, and I can't get them to here, but that was a big reason Trump was elected in the first place. It may have been the Right's biggest animating factor in the elections of 2016.

But then, in response, the Right is now doing the same things. As always, both ends of the spectrum over-react and go too far. ALWAYS. It just has to be their way or the highway. All or nothing. One or the other. If you don't do things our way, we won't engage you and communicate with you, we will come after you.

So now, as we continue to decay because both ends (not sides, but ends) are acting like children, it's up to one end or the other to be the adult in the room. I wonder which end that will be.
Why should anyone admit something you're to pussy to actually argue and prove? 😄

Well I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I do agree they are trying to destroy all traditional values, completely control the message and what thought and speech will be allowed as well as erase and rewrite our history to fit their narrative only, and I have to believe this is some sort of sick intent to establish a totalitarian government that will establish whatever their weird idea of "utopia' might be.

But for sure I don't know a dedicated leftist promoting all that stuff that I would describe as a normal, happy human being.

Do you consider yourself a normal, happy human being?

They demanded Phil Robertson be fired from Duck Dynasty for saying the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. (It does)

They demanded that liberal women accusing conservative men of sexual misconduct must be believed. (But not conservative women accusing liberal men.)

A rookie fireman bringing treats to his coworkers was fired because he brought cold watermelon and some of his coworkers were black.

A lovable Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were removed respectively from pancake syrup bottles and boxes of rice and no more Indian maiden on Land o Lakes butter.

They have stricken the name of J.K. Rowling and anything Harry Potter from their websites, social media, and made her ‘she who must not be named’ because she said that ‘woman’ should remain a biological category.

A public school student was sent home because he wore a T-shirt to school that said there are two genders. And he was sent home the second time when he had modified the shirt to say there are censored genders. To the woke that constitutes hate speech.

But anybody who refuses to buy Bud Light these days is a transphobic, racist, hateful bigot who should not be allowed to be part of the human race.

------------so------------

At what point does all this become absurd? How can rational people not see not only the dichotomy but how absolutely ridiculous it is when only one point of view is to be allowed as socially acceptable? Is to be allowed at all? How unreasonable is that? How discriminatory? How un-liberal?

At what point does it become dangerous to our liberties?
Nice summary of how fxcked up libtards are as a result of their extreme adherence to their fascist wall street handlers ideologies. The lefties posting dont even make sense, they must be fed shills posting crap like on GLP.

when it all confronts our constitution , which is easily seen...
this is some sort of sick intent to establish a totalitarian government that will establish whatever their weird idea of "utopia' might be.
It's about control , it's always about control in any political system. In our countries case it's seen as a remedy, just as the slide into fascism , communism, or any other socio-political model came to be

Yet the real truth is, America is out of control , at least in terms of the powers that be having a handle on the great unwashed.

This scares the sh*t outta them , and this is why our country will eventually evolve to something it was never intended to be

~S~

We mostly agree here. I have been hugely critical of rightwing extremism and especially when it engages in destructive cancel culture not only again the Left but against fellow Patriots/Republicans/libertarians (small 'l') etc. who don't share an extremist point of view or whatever.

How can we demand the right to our own opinions and right to express them if we deny the same right to others?

I will always take the side that stands for personal liberty, the right to be who and what we are, say what we think, speak our opinions, make our choices and live as we choose so long as we do not violate the right of others. Nobody should be in fear of their person or property just because we do not agree with him or her or his/her choices.

The (generic) you should have every right to your opinion. You should not have the right to demand that I agree with it or accommodate it.

The only protected class of people in this country should be the children. ALL should be under equal protection under the law.

Nice summary of how fxcked up libtards are as a result of their extreme adherence to their fascist wall street handlers ideologies. The lefties posting dont even make sense, they must be fed shills posting crap like on GLP.
My intent though was not to attack leftists, but to protest a legal and cultural shift weaponizing political correctness in a way that I believe to be not only absurd but dangerous to anybody who values liberty.

My intent though was not to attack leftists, but to protest a legal and cultural shift weaponizing political correctness in a way that I believe to be not only absurd but dangerous to anybody who values liberty.
You and the Right in general don't seem to know what political correctness actually is.....

They demanded Phil Robertson be fired from Duck Dynasty for saying the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. (It does)

They demanded that liberal women accusing conservative men of sexual misconduct must be believed. (But not conservative women accusing liberal men.)

A rookie fireman bringing treats to his coworkers was fired because he brought cold watermelon and some of his coworkers were black.

A lovable Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were removed respectively from pancake syrup bottles and boxes of rice and no more Indian maiden on Land o Lakes butter.

They have stricken the name of J.K. Rowling and anything Harry Potter from their websites, social media, and made her ‘she who must not be named’ because she said that ‘woman’ should remain a biological category.

A public school student was sent home because he wore a T-shirt to school that said there are two genders. And he was sent home the second time when he had modified the shirt to say there are censored genders. To the woke that constitutes hate speech.

But anybody who refuses to buy Bud Light these days is a transphobic, racist, hateful bigot who should not be allowed to be part of the human race.

------------so------------

At the point when legislatures start creating laws banning freedom of expression and using their legislative power to punish those who express an unpopular view.

At the point when legislatures start creating laws banning freedom of expression and using their legislative power to punish those who express an unpopular view.
Ding ding ding. All these idiots mistake different opinions for political correctness.

when it all confronts our constitution , which is easily seen...

It's about control , it's always about control in any political system. In our countries case it's seen as a remedy, just as the slide into fascism , communism, or any other socio-political model came to be

Yet the real truth is, America is out of control , at least in terms of the powers that be having a handle on the great unwashed.

This scares the sh*t outta them , and this is why our country will eventually evolve to something it was never intended to be

~S~
I think it already has. When I cannot state my opinion that science teaches us that there are two genders and these are determined at conception and cannot be changed. . .

When I cannot state my opinion that normal people do not mutilate themselves and take potentially dangerous drugs to become something they are not and it should be illegal for minors to be groomed for this and/or allowed to do this. . .

When I cannot state my opinion that the developing baby in the womb is a human being, and while I believe there can be moral and medically necessary reasons for abortion, it is a human being that is being killed. . .

When I cannot say things like that without engaging in so-called 'hate speech', we are dangerously close to losing our First Amendment entirely, much closer to the totalitarian government the left knowingly or unwittingly is pushing on us.

Forum List

Back