Politics, "Wokeness" and Absurdity

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
They demanded Phil Robertson be fired from Duck Dynasty for saying the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. (It does)

They demanded that liberal women accusing conservative men of sexual misconduct must be believed. (But not conservative women accusing liberal men.)

A rookie fireman bringing treats to his coworkers was fired because he brought cold watermelon and some of his coworkers were black.

A lovable Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were removed respectively from pancake syrup bottles and boxes of rice and no more Indian maiden on Land o Lakes butter.

They have stricken the name of J.K. Rowling and anything Harry Potter from their websites, social media, and made her ‘she who must not be named’ because she said that ‘woman’ should remain a biological category.

A public school student was sent home because he wore a T-shirt to school that said there are two genders. And he was sent home the second time when he had modified the shirt to say there are censored genders. To the woke that constitutes hate speech.

But anybody who refuses to buy Bud Light these days is a transphobic, racist, hateful bigot who should not be allowed to be part of the human race.

------------so------------

At what point does all this become absurd? How can rational people not see not only the dichotomy but how absolutely ridiculous it is when only one point of view is to be allowed as socially acceptable? Is to be allowed at all? How unreasonable is that? How discriminatory? How un-liberal?

At what point does it become dangerous to our liberties?

They demanded Phil Robertson be fired from Duck Dynasty for saying the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. (It does)

They demanded that liberal women accusing conservative men of sexual misconduct must be believed. (But not conservative women accusing liberal men.)

A rookie fireman bringing treats to his coworkers was fired because he brought cold watermelon and some of his coworkers were black.

A lovable Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were removed respectively from pancake syrup bottles and boxes of rice and no more Indian maiden on Land o Lakes butter.

They have stricken the name of J.K. Rowling and anything Harry Potter from their websites, social media, and made her ‘she who must not be named’ because she said that ‘woman’ should remain a biological category.

A public school student was sent home because he wore a T-shirt to school that said there are two genders. And he was sent home the second time when he had modified the shirt to say there are censored genders. To the woke that constitutes hate speech.

But anybody who refuses to buy Bud Light these days is a transphobic, racist, hateful bigot who should not be allowed to be part of the human race.

At what point does all this become absurd? How can rational people not see not only the dichotomy but how absolutely ridiculous it is when only one point of view is to be allowed as socially acceptable? Is to be allowed at all? How unreasonable is that? How discriminatory? How un-liberal?

This post is absurd. Don't be an asshole, it's not hard.

Thank you for confirming the thesis of the OP by refusing to even try to see what I posted.
What you posted is aired on constant repeat 24/7 all over conservative media. We've all seen and heard it a million times. What are you expecting? "Oh my gosh you're so right! All the misery you want to inflict on innocent people makes so much sense! I'm a republican now!" Good grief

At what point!? Around 1970 when you lost your ability to exist because you smoked a joint.

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
Quite a while ago, actually.

These Stalinists are profoundly unhappy with their lack of self-worth and are trying to destroy us all in their nihilistic rage because of it.
Well I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I do agree they are trying to destroy all traditional values, completely control the message and what thought and speech will be allowed as well as erase and rewrite our history to fit their narrative only, and I have to believe this is some sort of sick intent to establish a totalitarian government that will establish whatever their weird idea of "utopia' might be.

But for sure I don't know a dedicated leftist promoting all that stuff that I would describe as a normal, happy human being.

What you posted is aired on constant repeat 24/7 all over conservative media. We've all seen and heard it a million times. What are you expecting? "Oh my gosh you're so right! All the misery you want to inflict on innocent people makes so much sense! I'm a republican now!" Good grief
Sorry. If you don't understand the O.P. any more than you indicated, I do not at all believe you're even close to being a Republican.

Well I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I do agree they are trying to destroy all traditional values, completely control the message and what thought and speech will be allowed as well as erase and rewrite our history to fit their narrative only, and I have to believe this is some sort of sick intent to establish a totalitarian government that will establish whatever their weird idea of "utopia' might be.

But for sure I don't know a dedicated leftist promoting all that stuff that I would describe as a normal, happy human being.

I see psychology, sociology and politics as being inexorably intertwined.

IMO, the pathological need to control others as exhibited by so many leftists here is born by a deep sense of failure and the resultant need to externalize the source of such failure instead of internalizing it.

Interesting. Now I know whether you feign stupidity or not.
There is nothing for her to feign, since she is not stupid.

Intelligent people recognize the intelligence of others whether or not they agree. Only simpletons place unquestioning agreement as the litmus test for intelligence.

I see psychology, sociology and politics as being inexorably intertwined.

IMO, the pathological need to control others as exhibited by so many leftists here is born by a deep sense of failure and the resultant need to externalize the source of such failure instead of internalizing it.
and they hate God.

Forum List

Back