Pissed....I AM PISSED!

I'm going in at the end of Feb.

I think I'm going to grow my beard out and try to look as crazy as possible.

civil or criminal?

You know, I'm not sure.

All it says is "Superior Court", and I'm to report to 400 McAllister.

civil...

they remolded the jury pool room there... and it is very nice! There is also plenty of parking... and or easy to get there on public transport. Lots of good places to eat at lunch.

Easy. Every time they ask a question, keep saying, "What??", "Huh??", "I can't hear you," or "Speak up, please." If they ask, "Do have any sort of hearing impairment??" respond, "I don't understand what you're saying." They'll get so frustrated repeating themselves that you'll be dismissed.

It's a civic responsibility to accept duty on a jury.
Participation by the citizens in the justice system is an important cornerstone of a free society.

I wish I was going to Jury Duty. I love it. I wish it was my occupation.

If they paid me..... i would not mind so much. My time is as valuable as theirs.... so ill start at $500 and hour.

I have to report to god damn fucking rat bastard criminal jury duty in the morning!

Really? Seriously???

god help them all if they seat me.

As with my picking up litter as I come across it, "if not me, who am I volunteering to pick it up? If not now, when?"

DONNA
I need you to give me some voir dire coaching.

SAM
You want to be chosen for a jury?

DONNA
I want to not be chosen for a jury.

They walk in the COMMUNICATIONS BULLPEN.

SAM
All right. Well, the lawyers are gonna ask you some general questions, and...

DONNA
For instance?

SAM
Do you know any reason why you can't render an impartial verdict?

DONNA
I hate criminals.

SAM
Do you have any prejudices or feelings that might influence the jury in
rendering a
verdict?

DONNA
I hate criminals, and I'm assuming if you're in this courtroom, you did
something wrong,
so...

SAM
Yeah. The judge is gonna throw you in jail.

- "The West Wing" :)

I have to report to god damn fucking rat bastard criminal jury duty in the morning!

Really? Seriously???

Shocked......I am shocked

I've always considered jury duty to be one of our most cherished civic duties.
I expect a jury of my peers as much as any defendant has such right to expect.

The one time I was finally notified, it came 'forwarded' from my old address and no longer lived in that county to be able to serve.

:cool:

Really? Seriously???

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! --------
hahaha-024.gif

Really? Seriously???

I get called every 2 years. I always tell them I can't get out of work without much burden :D

ive listened to all of the excuses for years and years..... everyone tries that and are ALL flat out told that hardship is not a reason to get out of jury duty.

I cannot sit for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and move around. It is a hangover from my hip replacement and I have a certificate from my doctor that I have an artificial hip. However if they are willing to take 10 minute breaks every half hour I don't have a problem serving on a jury.

Easy. Every time they ask a question, keep saying, "What??", "Huh??", "I can't hear you," or "Speak up, please." If they ask, "Do have any sort of hearing impairment??" respond, "I don't understand what you're saying." They'll get so frustrated repeating themselves that you'll be dismissed.

Of course you could just answer a different question.

Q: Do you have relatives in law enforcement?
A: Oranges are my favorite but I like strawberries too.

Q: Do you have any racial prejudice?
A: My socks have holes in them but you can't tell because I am wearing shoes.

Q: Are you trying to avoid jury duty?
A: Yesterday I tried a new brand of toothpaste and it tastes funny.

I have been called several times, but never got past jury selection. If you know anything, you get bounced. The lawyers want dummies on the jury.

On a securities fraud case several years ago, the defense attorney asked if anyone reads the Wall Street Journal...I raised my hand. Then he asked if anyone knows what precious metals are. I raised my hand....it went like that...and I was the only one raising my hand. When the judge asked the attorneys who goes, I was first one out.

I get called every 2 years. I always tell them I can't get out of work without much burden :D

ive listened to all of the excuses for years and years..... everyone tries that and are ALL flat out told that hardship is not a reason to get out of jury duty.

I cannot sit for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and move around. It is a hangover from my hip replacement and I have a certificate from my doctor that I have an artificial hip. However if they are willing to take 10 minute breaks every half hour I don't have a problem serving on a jury.

i tell ya... i felt the same way today. Sitting in hard uncomfortable wooden fold down chairs...... impossible. I was VERY unhappy......

Maybe you will get on the trial of a corrupt politician and you can help fry his/her ass... oh, wait, they rarely get prosecuted.

Just tell them you read all about the case in the news and you have made up your mind already.

Forum List

Back