Pissed....I AM PISSED!

Appear with a porta pot. Take it wherever you go. When they ask you to be seated, remove the chair and sit on the porta pot.

I have to report to god damn fucking rat bastard criminal jury duty in the morning!

Really? Seriously???

god help them all if they seat me.

Been there. Done that. Enjoyed the process. Civic duty. Interesting.

Was appointed jury foreman. Short deliberation.

Positive experience.

Would recommend it to anyone with a brain and a conscience.

Good luck either way.

I got called in for JD when I was stationed in Conn.

Told them I live on the base and am actually a resident of IL
got excused and told I would be cleared for the list.

3rd time was a charm

The last jury I sat on was a 15 year old kid (being tried as an adult) for murder that had used a box-cutter (first to slice up), then a hammer (second to crush the skull) on a mentally retarded man. The defense wasn't even trying to defend against the murder, just trying to avoid first degree murder. My daughter was 15 at the time. Damn, that sucked shit to be on that jury.
Prior to that, I've always felt my jury service to be a public service for my community. If I ever get asked to be on a jury involving teens and violent crime again, I won't do it.

I have to report to god damn fucking rat bastard criminal jury duty in the morning!

Really? Seriously???

Been there. Done that. Enjoyed the process. Civic duty. Interesting.

Was appointed jury foreman. Short deliberation.

Positive experience.

Would recommend it to anyone with a brain and a conscience.

Good luck either way.

i have a brain.... a conscience and humanity... are still up for grabs. :lol:

Really? Seriously???

I get called every 2 years. I always tell them I can't get out of work without much burden :D

AND..... it hasn't rained here in months.... and its going to rain tomorrow....

i cant win!

Really? Seriously???

I get called every 2 years. I always tell them I can't get out of work without much burden :D

ive listened to all of the excuses for years and years..... everyone tries that and are ALL flat out told that hardship is not a reason to get out of jury duty.

Really? Seriously???

Try to come up with a good excuse. I got out of jury duty one time because I was the only one available at the time to pick up my son from school.

If you've already served, I believe you may request to be excused. Some states/counties allow this exemption.

again... here... child care is not a good enough excuse to get out of jury duty.

a woman brought her kid one time, she told the judge she could not afford child care.... the judge told her to come back without the kid or she would be held in contempt of court.

I lived in Arizona when I was excused from jury duty. Below are the possible exemptions for Arizona. Some may apply to your state, like the one where you can be excused if you've already served in the last two years. Check it out, you may have a case:

A person seeking to be excused from jury service in Arizona must apply to the court that issued the summons. Possible grounds for excuse include:

•the person has a mental or physical condition that causes him/her to be incapable of performing jury service
•jury service would substantially and materially affect the public interest, adversely
•the person does not understand English
•jury service would require the person to abandon someone under his/her care, because it is impossible for him/her to obtain substitute care
•jury service would cause the person to incur costs that would have a substantial adverse impact on the payment of his/her necessary daily living expenses or on those for whom he/she provides regular employment support
•jury service would result in illness or disease
•the person is a certified peace officer employed by the state
•jury service would cause undue or extreme hardship
•the person has served as a juror in this state within the last two years
•the person is at least 75 years of age

Jury Service > Jury Service Information

I merrily announce that I've already made up my mind. I think in absolutes. There are no shades of gray in my world.

that is my last one to pull.... guilty, i don't CARE about a deference...... im set on a guilty vote.

and im am pretty vocal that i am planning on poising the jury pool as well..... ive done it before and will do it again. They will lose some 200 potential jurors......

On your summons, there should be a name of a clerk who you can call.

Call in sick. Then go to work. No one is going to come looking for you.

Jury duty. What a riot.

Guy gets busted, on tape, selling two kilos of coke to a DEA agent from the front seat of his $65,000 Toyota Sequoia SUV. His defense was "Hey, it's not my coke. It is 'his' coke," ..referring to the guy riding shotgun.

Needless to say, he went to jail, and his defense attorney took the Sequoia as payment for services rendered.

All the time in Virginia (my wife grew up there), not one jury duty summons for her (two for me), a year and a half here in Colorado she gets called up for duty in El Paso county...... We now live in Las Animas County. Got her excluded from El Paso county duty..... She just received a summons for Las Animas County today.......

Last edited:
Ask how your state feels about jury nullification.... that should get their attention and more than likely you will not be serving on a jusry

Forum List

Back