WOW! That was a eyeopener....Why everyone needs school choice vouchers

Nobody wanted their white kids to be forced to mingle with blacks. Much less bussed to hell and gone to do it.

Notice how forced bussing is not a thing anymore? It died with not as much as a whimper in 1999.

Oh, I agree, white people whined and bitched about it to the high heavens. You'd think they'd do the decent thing and actually make sure the schools they left black kids in were halfway decent.

Link?

How about home schooled?
Home Schooling should be outlawed.

Oh, I agree, white people whined and bitched about it to the high heavens. You'd think they'd do the decent thing and actually make sure the schools they left black kids in were halfway decent.

Home Schooling should be outlawed.
Back during that time my county built them a new school. It's still in use today as a elementary school.

The blacks in my AO complained mightily when they were forcefully integrated and it was made into a middle school.

It's been added to a bit since but it was the nicest school in the system when it was built.

sparkCriser-006-1280x960.jpg

Back during that time my county built them a new school. It's still in use today as a elementary school.

The blacks in my AO complained mightily when they were forcefully integrated and it was made into a middle school.

It's been added to a bit since but it was the nicest school in the system when it was built.
Cool story, bro.
So seeing from the image that this is Ressie Jefferies Elementary School in Front Royal Virginia, I'm not finding any history that black people objected going there when it was built in 1959.

Cool story, bro.
So seeing from the image that this is Ressie Jefferies Elementary School in Front Royal Virginia, I'm not finding any history that black people objected going there when it was built in 1959.

Why would they object? It was a great school with great black teachers.....The objections came when they were forcefully desegregated in the 60s.

Mrs. Barber (black) was my Virginia History teacher when I went there in middle school.....Best teacher I ever had.....Most of the black teachers were retained, as were the black cafeteria ladies....Best lunches ever!

They named a elementary school after her (Hilda H. Barber ES) and I was there making sure it happened as were scores upon scores of her former white students. She was top-notch.

Our Principal at the time was John Pond, a former POW in WW-II....If you fucked around in school you found out. ;)

Mr. Pond served as B-17 bombardier in the 8th Air Force. In March of 1944, in the European Theatre of Operations, his aircraft was shot down over Germany and he was captured and remained a prisoner of war until he was liberated in May of 1945. He received two purple hearts and the Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters.

Last edited:
Why would they object?

It was a great school with great black teachers.....Mrs. Barber (black) was my Virginia History teacher when I went there in middle school.....Best teacher I ever had.....Most of the black teachers were retained.

They named a elementary school after her (Hilda H. Barber ES) and I was there making sure it happened as were scores of her former white students. She was top-notch.

Our Principal at the time was John Pond was a former POW in WW-II.

Mr. Pond served as B-17 bombardier in the 8th Air Force. In March of 1944, in the European Theatre of Operations, his aircraft was shot down over Germany and he was captured and remained a prisoner of war until he was liberated in May of 1945. He received two purple hearts and the Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters.

But you said black people complained about this school when it was built.

Nobody wanted their white kids to be forced to mingle with blacks. Much less bussed to hell and gone to do it.

Notice how forced bussing is not a thing anymore? It died with not as much as a whimper in 1999.
Wrong. Still being done in a lot of school systems, not necessarily like in the 70s.

When I was teaching in the 1996–2006-time frame in Florida, we still had bussing to magnet schools. My son attended a middle school magnet school in downtown Jacksonville that had been a predominantly black school; before it was closed and reopened as a magnet school for the whole district. My grandniece attends the same high school where I taught, and they live in another county, much less the same district.

Yeah, well if were there I'd have stopped you at 'Yeah, they've improved" shit, that is like applauding that the baker's bread is less moldy lately. The schools are sht. YOU KNOW THAT. Really, Google the national scores on Amerian History and Civics. Disastrously low.
What kind of school produces kids that don't even know their own country
The problem is not the kid's school that is the problem. It is the kids themselves. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Many of my students in a middle school were immigrants and could not speak English, yet they slapped them in middle school. Why? They knew nothing of the language and were unmotivated to learn it because in their community everyone spoke that language. I could teach social studies all day long to a wall and get better results.

The problem is not the kid's school that is the problem. It is the kids themselves. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Many of my students in a middle school were immigrants and could not speak English, yet they slapped them in middle school. Why? They knew nothing of the language and were unmotivated to learn it because in their community everyone spoke that language. I could teach social studies all day long to a wall and get better results.

Rock,

I think the problem is less a language problem. Immigrant students want to be there and want to learn for the most part.

The core problem is the inability to discipline students like when we were in school which at the end of the day makes a positive learning environment for the most students.

WW

sparkCriser-006-1280x960.jpg
The school changed, but the kid's attending there changed! That is why it probably failed.

Rock,

I think the problem is less a language problem. Immigrant students want to be there and want to learn for the most part.

The core problem is the inability to discipline students like when we were in school which at the end of the day makes a positive learning environment for the most students.

WW
That is true also. Most of my kids with language issues were well behaved so much I had to check them for a pulse because they were so bored. Other students without the language issue in that particular school were mostly discipline problems because they were being brought up in single parent homes, if they had a parent anymore that was not in jail. I nearly passed out when on parent teacher conference night, a married couple showed up with their son. That was the first and only time in 3 years. Of course, their kid was superstar. I'll bet he playing baseball in the major leagues now.

... Many of my students in a middle school were immigrants and could not speak English, yet they slapped them in middle school. Why? They knew nothing of the language and were unmotivated to learn it because in their community everyone spoke that language. I could teach social studies all day long to a wall and get better results.

:rolleyes:

Good schools for those who can afford to live in a suburb or send their kids to a parochial or private school, and not so good schools for those who can't.
Nice turn of phrase "not so good schools"!!!

When people asked why President Obama's two daughters were not attending D.C. public schools, the White House replied, "For security reasons."

Yeah, right!

Don't need a "link" for this; it's a bee line right to the Supreme Court. If you take federal money, you must take all the protected groups too.
If you don't know just say so.

I know common sense is lacking in today's world but I'm having a hard time visualizing that if a parent uses a voucher how a private school, much less a home school, would have to be burdened.

The funds (in whatever form they might take) are not issued to a school but to a parent.

Funny how some would deny a taxpayer's "fair share" as far as educating their minor children yet burden them with paying off college loans of other's adult kids.

As soon as a private school takes vouchers they must take ALL the students that apply. Special needs, behavior disorders and etc.

Then the "private school" is really a public school.
As it SHOULD be....the right to refuse a student ends.

Yeah, well if were there I'd have stopped you at 'Yeah, they've improved" shit, that is like applauding that the baker's bread is less moldy lately. The schools are sht. YOU KNOW THAT. Really, Google the national scores on Amerian History and Civics. Disastrously low.
What kind of school produces kids that don't even know their own country
Not all schools are bad. Many need improvement yes I agree. I don't care one iota about civics scores. Math and science are paramount. Civics? Meh. Unconcerned.

As it SHOULD be....the right to refuse a student ends.
I'm not seeing it....

Again the private school is not getting any money directly that would require them to bow to entrance requirements set by a county/city/state unlike public schools who get their money directly from the county/city/state.....The parents choose the school and pays them directly.

I'm not seeing it....

Again the private school is not getting any money directly that would require them to bow to entrance requirements set by a county/city/state unlike public schools who get their money directly from the county/city/state.....The parents choose the school and pays them directly.
I'm speaking to the idea of voucher money to private schools. Once that is enacted then there's no refusing students.

Forum List

Back