Pet chihuahua comes to the aid of B.C. girl, 8, viciously attacked by pit bull

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Tyler Olsen, Postmedia News | 13/03/27 11:14 AM ET

pitbull-attack-top.jpg

Jenna Desrochers cuddles with Honey, the family’s Chihuahua. The little dog distracted a pit bull that was attacking Jenna, enabling the owner to get the dog away from the girl. Honey was also bitten in the attack. Jenna suffered serious injuries to her face and required hundreds of stitches.

Tyler Olsen/Postmedia NewsJenna Desrochers cuddles with Honey, the family’s Chihuahua. The little dog distracted a pit bull that was attacking Jenna, enabling the owner to get the dog away from the girl. Honey was also bitten in the attack. Jenna suffered serious injuries to her face and required hundreds of stitches.

An eight-year-old Chilliwack girl is recovering at home after sustaining serious injuries in a pit-bull attack last week.

Jenna, a Grade 3 Strathcona elementary student, was looking for bunnies outside her grandparents’ Rosedale home last Tuesday when a neighbour’s pit bull escaped its enclosure.

Read more @ Pet chihuahua comes to the aid of B.C. girl, 8, viciously attacked by pit bull | Canada | News | National Post

My Coffee-Cup Chihuahua barks loud enough but I wonder if she could do the same.

all my dogs LOVE kids.

How can you have a dog that would attack a child.

That dog owner should not be allowed to have dogs.

That person has no idea how to train them

if i could not take my doberman out without a muzzle...my enclosure would be double fenced at least...powerful dogs need solid enclosures....

I have known many a pit.

raised right they are sweet wonderful dogs.

Not a damn thing wrong with them

My chihuahua would filter out prospective girlfriends. I live by "love me, love my dog". The pooch would sit on their lap and if they were uncomfortable there would be no date and there were even a few times where she peed on their laps. I gave them paper towel and did not ask them to dinner.

if i could not take my doberman out without a muzzle...my enclosure would be double fenced at least...powerful dogs need solid enclosures....

I agree with you, bones. My dobermans would never attack a kid, but they might chase someone on a bicycle. Not bite them, just chase them, which would, of course, cause a big uproar.

So for MY DOGS' PROTECTION I have a six-foot fence, and Arctic entries and other back-up systems to make sure they don't get loose. When I walk them I put them in harnesses so they can't just slip out of a collar or anything like that. For THEIR protection, because if they got loose someone might see them and assume they're vicious because they're dobermans, and shoot them or something. God forbid.

I used to let children approach and meet the dogs and pet them under their chins, but I've actually quit doing that now. I tell the children they can't approach the dogs because "they're in training." Just to make absolutely sure nothing goes wrong. Oh, okay...I make exceptions sometimes. : )

My miniature pinscher is MUCH more likely to bite a kid than my dobermans are.

Tyler Olsen, Postmedia News | 13/03/27 11:14 AM ET

pitbull-attack-top.jpg

Jenna Desrochers cuddles with Honey, the family’s Chihuahua. The little dog distracted a pit bull that was attacking Jenna, enabling the owner to get the dog away from the girl. Honey was also bitten in the attack. Jenna suffered serious injuries to her face and required hundreds of stitches.

Tyler Olsen/Postmedia NewsJenna Desrochers cuddles with Honey, the family’s Chihuahua. The little dog distracted a pit bull that was attacking Jenna, enabling the owner to get the dog away from the girl. Honey was also bitten in the attack. Jenna suffered serious injuries to her face and required hundreds of stitches.

An eight-year-old Chilliwack girl is recovering at home after sustaining serious injuries in a pit-bull attack last week.

Jenna, a Grade 3 Strathcona elementary student, was looking for bunnies outside her grandparents’ Rosedale home last Tuesday when a neighbour’s pit bull escaped its enclosure.

Read more @ Pet chihuahua comes to the aid of B.C. girl, 8, viciously attacked by pit bull | Canada | News | National Post

My Coffee-Cup Chihuahua barks loud enough but I wonder if she could do the same.

And to think, I used to hate chihuahuas. My friend's mother had them when I was little, about 5 of them and they all barked and snaped at me constantly when I visited. Needless to say, I rarely visited her house, always invited her to mine.

Forum List

Back