40,000 want this pit bull to live? I don't get it?

that was not directed at you....

but you did not answer what breed will be next? i remember when dobermans were feared and hated...then along came a more vicious breed and breeders backed off dobs for mean dogs and went with the family protector angle and its working well for dobermans....

but to do this we had to overcome a lot of myths...ie their brains never stop growing therefore pressing on their skulls causing them to go crazy and attack

i have know one dob owner to be attacked by his own dog..and even that owner admits he made a bad move...trying to make his dog go out in the bitter cold...dog said no...billy pushed it..and got bitten....a few times....i think there were some pent up issues there

There won't be another breed that goes next. That's just hyperbole and hysterics. Pits are known the world over for being dogs that attack and kill. They have no reason to be. They don't function as guard dogs, as Doberman’s do. They don't function as police dogs, as German Shepherd's do. They are not nice, friendly family pets, though a lot of very foolish people try to paint them as such. They have no redeeming value whatsoever. There is no reason on Earth not to get rid of the entire breed, forever. People who defend pits are as bad as people who defend cigarettes. Total fools.

Last edited:

but you did not answer what breed will be next? i remember when dobermans were feared and hated...then along came a more vicious breed and breeders backed off dobs for mean dogs and went with the family protector angle and its working well for dobermans....

but to do this we had to overcome a lot of myths...ie their brains never stop growing therefore pressing on their skulls causing them to go crazy and attack

i have know one dob owner to be attacked by his own dog..and even that owner admits he made a bad move...trying to make his dog go out in the bitter cold...dog said no...billy pushed it..and got bitten....a few times....i think there were some pent up issues there

That particular dog had established himself as the pack leader. You never let a dog gain that type of mentality.

40,000 take the time to ask the authorities to not put the pit bull down. The dog that ripped the face off of a 4 year old neighbor boy for taking away his bone. The pictures of the boy are very sad.

So how much risk are children and people in general expected to assume with pit bulls? One attack is more than enough for me. I would be fine with city ordinances banning pit bulls. Yes, I know… it’s all about who trains them. Whatever. Do you distinguish DWI laws based on it all depends how responsible the party is who had the drinks?

This country is too much in love with animals at the expense of taking risks with children. How many kids being malled is an acceptable number to keep pit bulls in the community? How many times should a pit bull be allowed to attack before it is taken away? And, yes, I am all for the owner being put in jailed or sentenced somehow for what his dog did. I am liable for any minors in my home.

For as hyper sensitive our society is with risks of any other kind (such as toys, chemicals, etc.) they sure seem to look the other way when it comes to dangerous dogs.

------------------------------------------
In 2012, there were 38 attacks by dogs that resulted in death. Out of the 38 deadly attacks, 23 of them were by pit bulls.

Campaign to Save Dog in Arizona Mauling - ABC News

Dog That Mauled 4-Year-Old Gets Online Support

PHOENIX March 16, 2014 (AP)

A dog that mauled a 4-year-old Phoenix boy has received thousands of pleas for mercy through a Facebook campaign ahead of a court hearing to decide his fate.

A municipal court judge could rule at a March 25 hearing on whether Mickey, a pit bull that bit Kevin Vicente in the face, should be euthanized. Kevin received injuries that will require, according to doctors, months and possibly years of reconstructive surgeries.

Since the Feb. 20 attack, Mickey has become the object of a Facebook page that has gotten more than 40,000 likes and an online petition to spare his life.

Supporters say the campaign doesn't mean they value the dog's life above the child's.

"This is not Kevin versus Mickey," said attorney John Schill, who is representing the dog in the court petition. "Having Mickey killed is not going to take away Kevin's pain or injuries. The only thing this is going to do is kill a poor, innocent dog."

Pit bulls are viewed by some as a dangerous breed, a reputation their fans dispute.

Guadalupe Villa, who was at the scene of the attack, filed the vicious-animal petition to have the dog put down.

"I just looked at all this as this could have been my son, and I don't want it to be someone else," Villa said.

Schill said he is working pro bono at the request of The Lexus Project, a nonprofit that collects money to legally defend canines in danger of being euthanized. The organization has set up a trust for Mickey that has received more than $5,600, he said.

Schill said the person watching Kevin while his mother was at work should be held responsible.

"But for adults involved, this never would have happened," Schill said. "They're trying to put all the blame on Mickey."

Villa, whose boyfriend's mother was baby-sitting Kevin the day of the attack, said her friend is not to blame.

"She took amazing care of that little boy," said Villa, who claims in the petition that Mickey killed her dog last year.

According to Villa, Kevin picked up a bone lying on the ground near the dog, which was kept on a chain. That's when Mickey suddenly attacked Kevin, Villa said.

Villa said she can't understand the Facebook attention and doesn't see Mickey as a victim.

Kevin was hospitalized at Maricopa Medical Center with a broken eye socket, cheek bone and lower jaw bone, according to doctors.

Dr. Salvatore Lettieri, a Mayo Clinic physician and chief of cosmetic surgery at Maricopa Medical Center, said he was able to fix the broken bones and reattach the muscles that allow Kevin to open and close his eye.

"He still can't open his eye. We'll need to fix the tear duct drainage system — that is if he makes tears," Lettieri said.

Flor Medrano, a family friend, said Kevin continues to recover at a pediatric hospital in Phoenix but will return to Maricopa Medical Center later this week for more surgery on his eye.

Medrano also said a fundraising website has received about $6,000 in donations for the boy. The Maricopa Health Foundation also established a website that has received 50 donations.

The social media support for Mickey doesn't indicate that people care more about a dog than a child, Harold Herzog, a psychology professor at Western Carolina University who studies animal interaction.

Page 1 | 2 View Single Page

it should have been tested for or verified of rabies vaccination

and then shot square in the forehead at point blank with a 22

That particular dog had established himself as the pack leader. You never let a dog gain that type of mentality.

yes and billy should have been smart enough to listen....i know that 99 % of the time ..thor will do exactly what i say for him to do....but when he hits the slider and its bitter cold...he will come to a dead stop and back right back into the house....i know better than to push it...or push him.....most doberman owners accept that fact

in bill's defense.....he just had his hand and arm worked on....the dog lived a long happy life....inside and warm

Not the dog's fault. Was simply reacting on instinct. Could have just as easily been any other larger-breed dog resulting in the exact same result. Singling out pits because the public's ignorant about dogs and behaviour (especially their own) isn't fair.

I owe my life to a dog, a collie who when as a mobile-toddler fell into my grandparent's fish pond with no adults around. Evidently (I'm told) I would have drowned if not for the out-of-character alert-barking of the collie. I've since made it a point to learn about dogs and other animals. And I can tell ya, there's no such thing as a evil dog.

Great story. I love dogs. There may not be such a thing as an evil dog but their are some that are mentally insane. i've seen plenty. People then go and breed these dogs passing on the mental defect. SMFH

I forgot to add that Chows are truly evil!!!

I had a Chow/Cocker Spaniel mix growing up. Meanest, craziest damn dog I ever had. He would bite whoever or whatever he could. On top of that we named him Mister. Bad mistake. The mailman would get ambushed by the dog and be trying to get away and here we would be yelling; Mister, Mister get back here. Of course when the mailman heard someone yelling "Mister", he would pause and the dog would catch up with him again.

It got so that I think that dog liked getting maced. He was crazy.

Jumped a fence to fight a neighbors dog, with a muzzle on. Tore that dog up. I forget how much the vet bills were. And Mister had a full muzzle on. Got a hold of that dogs ear and never let go.

Mean ass dog those Chows are. Along with some crazy inbred Cocker Spaniel. That is a bad combination of dog.

Mean ass dog those Chows are.

a dog is only as good as its owner

I have taken quite a few animal behavior courses. Don't try to school me with your ignorance. Dogs will bite if someone tries to take their food or something else that the dog considers theirs. The only one that can do that is the accepted pack leader. The child should have been taught not to try to take the dog's bone. In fact how about teaching a child not to take something that doesn't belong to them at all.

I have encountered many people who think taking away their dog's food or toys as a way of playing with them. That is the fast track to making a peaceful dog generally vicious.

bullshit to you and your courses...first thing i train my dobermans to do...is 'give' that command means to open your mouth...simple as that...i can take food out of my dogs mouth or bowl...and the dog should not attack anything belonging to the pack leader

if my thor attacked a child....as much as i would hate too.....i would have him put down...simple as that...

coyote is right....biting is not a natural behavior for a dog...even biting a child is not natural but to flat out go on attack...the pictures show this was a true attack and not a quick warning snap

Dogs will bite if someone tries to take their food or something else that the dog considers theirs

only if the owner allows it to do so

yes and billy should have been smart enough to listen....i know that 99 % of the time ..thor will do exactly what i say for him to do....but when he hits the slider and its bitter cold...he will come to a dead stop and back right back into the house....i know better than to push it...or push him.....most doberman owners accept that fact

in bill's defense.....he just had his hand and arm worked on....the dog lived a long happy life....inside and warm

What or who should " billy " have listened to?

The dog is NOT the master. He does NOT have a choice. If you tell him to go outside he should obey without hesitation or face proper discipline. That's how it is in a canine's world and that's what they respect and understand. Once you allow a dog to disobey you, you lost their respect. The dob owners you speak of are not very good dog owners if they cannot control their dogs.

i have a few friends who have pits and kids...they have had pits all these kids lives......not one bite...not one growl....those kids are protected to the hilt by those dogs...seems it is what the dog is trained to do.....i will admit i call ahead..with put the fucking cujo up....lol...

I have taken quite a few animal behavior courses. Don't try to school me with your ignorance. Dogs will bite if someone tries to take their food or something else that the dog considers theirs. The only one that can do that is the accepted pack leader. The child should have been taught not to try to take the dog's bone. In fact how about teaching a child not to take something that doesn't belong to them at all.

I have encountered many people who think taking away their dog's food or toys as a way of playing with them. That is the fast track to making a peaceful dog generally vicious.

bullshit to you and your courses...first thing i train my dobermans to do...is 'give' that command means to open your mouth...simple as that...i can take food out of my dogs mouth or bowl...and the dog should not attack anything belonging to the pack leader

if my thor attacked a child....as much as i would hate too.....i would have him put down...simple as that...

coyote is right....biting is not a natural behavior for a dog...even biting a child is not natural but to flat out go on attack...the pictures show this was a true attack and not a quick warning snap

Dogs will bite if someone tries to take their food or something else that the dog considers theirs

only if the owner allows it to do so

Not dogs that are properly conditioned. I can take food out the mouths of any of my dogs and they won't so much as growl. They do look at me funny, like WTF?

i will not beat a dog into submission to make the dog go out in the cold and i will put my dog skills up anyday....my dogs are well behaved....good citizens of the community but most of all..happy and healthy

and i aways thought billy was an idiot....he was a hell's angel which never set well with me...

My dog would have never bitten me because she didn't want to go outside (or for any reason). She wasn't afraid of me or of discipline, she had just been properly trained and accepted me as the boss, or pack leader. Anyone who has a dog that might bite him/her is someone who didn't properly train their pet or who has an animal that should not be a pet.

Last edited:
in my defense...thor has a metal knee....which i am sure causes him a great deal of discomfort when it is cold outside....even with the meds he takes....i know it is crazy to think the metal gets cold..but hey....

i have a few friends who have pits and kids...they have had pits all these kids lives......not one bite...not one growl....those kids are protected to the hilt by those dogs...seems it is what the dog is trained to do.....i will admit i call ahead..with put the fucking cujo up....lol...

Just dumb luck. You even admit yourself you had to take precautions before going to their house. Pits are dangerous dogs.

40,000 take the time to ask the authorities to not put the pit bull down. The dog that ripped the face off of a 4 year old neighbor boy for taking away his bone. The pictures of the boy are very sad.

So how much risk are children and people in general expected to assume with pit bulls? One attack is more than enough for me. I would be fine with city ordinances banning pit bulls. Yes, I know… it’s all about who trains them. Whatever. Do you distinguish DWI laws based on it all depends how responsible the party is who had the drinks?

This country is too much in love with animals at the expense of taking risks with children. How many kids being malled is an acceptable number to keep pit bulls in the community? How many times should a pit bull be allowed to attack before it is taken away? And, yes, I am all for the owner being put in jailed or sentenced somehow for what his dog did. I am liable for any minors in my home.

For as hyper sensitive our society is with risks of any other kind (such as toys, chemicals, etc.) they sure seem to look the other way when it comes to dangerous dogs.

------------------------------------------
In 2012, there were 38 attacks by dogs that resulted in death. Out of the 38 deadly attacks, 23 of them were by pit bulls.

Campaign to Save Dog in Arizona Mauling - ABC News

Dog That Mauled 4-Year-Old Gets Online Support

PHOENIX March 16, 2014 (AP)

A dog that mauled a 4-year-old Phoenix boy has received thousands of pleas for mercy through a Facebook campaign ahead of a court hearing to decide his fate.

A municipal court judge could rule at a March 25 hearing on whether Mickey, a pit bull that bit Kevin Vicente in the face, should be euthanized. Kevin received injuries that will require, according to doctors, months and possibly years of reconstructive surgeries.

Since the Feb. 20 attack, Mickey has become the object of a Facebook page that has gotten more than 40,000 likes and an online petition to spare his life.

Supporters say the campaign doesn't mean they value the dog's life above the child's.

"This is not Kevin versus Mickey," said attorney John Schill, who is representing the dog in the court petition. "Having Mickey killed is not going to take away Kevin's pain or injuries. The only thing this is going to do is kill a poor, innocent dog."

Pit bulls are viewed by some as a dangerous breed, a reputation their fans dispute.

Guadalupe Villa, who was at the scene of the attack, filed the vicious-animal petition to have the dog put down.

"I just looked at all this as this could have been my son, and I don't want it to be someone else," Villa said.

Schill said he is working pro bono at the request of The Lexus Project, a nonprofit that collects money to legally defend canines in danger of being euthanized. The organization has set up a trust for Mickey that has received more than $5,600, he said.

Schill said the person watching Kevin while his mother was at work should be held responsible.

"But for adults involved, this never would have happened," Schill said. "They're trying to put all the blame on Mickey."

Villa, whose boyfriend's mother was baby-sitting Kevin the day of the attack, said her friend is not to blame.

"She took amazing care of that little boy," said Villa, who claims in the petition that Mickey killed her dog last year.

According to Villa, Kevin picked up a bone lying on the ground near the dog, which was kept on a chain. That's when Mickey suddenly attacked Kevin, Villa said.

Villa said she can't understand the Facebook attention and doesn't see Mickey as a victim.

Kevin was hospitalized at Maricopa Medical Center with a broken eye socket, cheek bone and lower jaw bone, according to doctors.

Dr. Salvatore Lettieri, a Mayo Clinic physician and chief of cosmetic surgery at Maricopa Medical Center, said he was able to fix the broken bones and reattach the muscles that allow Kevin to open and close his eye.

"He still can't open his eye. We'll need to fix the tear duct drainage system — that is if he makes tears," Lettieri said.

Flor Medrano, a family friend, said Kevin continues to recover at a pediatric hospital in Phoenix but will return to Maricopa Medical Center later this week for more surgery on his eye.

Medrano also said a fundraising website has received about $6,000 in donations for the boy. The Maricopa Health Foundation also established a website that has received 50 donations.

The social media support for Mickey doesn't indicate that people care more about a dog than a child, Harold Herzog, a psychology professor at Western Carolina University who studies animal interaction.

Page 1 | 2 View Single Page

Kill it. No dog should attack children.

i will not beat a dog into submission to make the dog go out in the cold and i will put my dog skills up anyday....my dogs are well behaved....good citizens of the community but most of all..happy and healthy

and i aways thought billy was an idiot....he was a hell's angel which never set well with me...

I have never in my life beaten a dog. I don't understand why you think that would be a way of gaining compliance. If I had a stubborn dog that refused to go out when commanded, I would pick its ass up, carry it outside and win the battle. I would keep doing that until it decides to go out on its own then I would reward that behavior. With dogs it's all about habit, if they are in the habit of ignoring your command to go outside then that's what they will do.

i take precautions anytime i am going to a house where they have big or small dogs....one friend has a bull terrier that will trash your tires in a heartbeat...his ho insurance will no longer pay for the trashed tires....so you much call.....hell i hate being mauled by a friends pack of them small mexican dogs...flea and rowdy are 2.3 lbs and 4 lbs...but attack you as soon as you enter the house....the other follow...

i dont care what breed of dog it is...my hands are already scarred all to hell from dog bites (catching feral pups and such) i have been in the hospital listening to the lecture from a doberman and boxer bite......i made the fatal error sticking my hand in a dog fight....i withdrew minced meat

neither dog belonged to me

do you think it is not cruel to force a short haired dog out in the bitter cold?

No it's not cruel. If you're concerned about it being cold while its out doing its business there are products out there to help with that i.e. doggy sweaters.

What's the alternative? Allow them to do their business inside?

Forum List

Back