Do you feed your pet Grain Free Food?

I was wondering how many people in this forum feed there pet a grain free diet? I feed my puppy, Fancy, Taste of the Wild.

"Fancy" The Chihuahua: What is the best of dog food?

I was feeding TOTW but they have had two recalls on it from Diamond. By the time you get word that a recall is out there your dog could be dead.

I now feed Wilderness, grain free, from Blue Buffaloe. They have never had a recall. Rather costly but then I don't eat baloney and neither do my dogs.

I was wondering how many people in this forum feed there pet a grain free diet? I feed my puppy, Fancy, Taste of the Wild.

I was feeding TOTW but they have had two recalls on it from Diamond. By the time you get word that a recall is out there your dog could be dead.

I now feed Wilderness, grain free, from Blue Buffaloe. They have never had a recall. Rather costly but then I don't eat baloney and neither do my dogs.

Good to know. I just feed Fancy the orange bag, which is the puppy formula.

Chicken is cheaper than dog food.

Chicken is WAY cheaper than good dog food.

I no longer trust the companies that make dog food.

we make most of our dogs food at home

has a little store brand ol roy to self feed on

should she get the urge

she shies away from veggies

unless they are in cheese

--LOL

Always grain free. Orijen and Acana are the only thing I will feed my dog.

As an FYI my last dog died when that last thing went down with dog food. Most horrendous way to watch your dog die. It was gut wrenching what I witnessed.

We've been feeding the dogs PetValu's brand (dry) called Performatrim. Chicken or lamb and has brown rice rather than wheat. We have one last bag and we are switching them to Performatrim Grain Free. I do give them about a tablespoon of wet dog food (Purina Pro Plan) mixed in with the dry for their evening meal so I can mix in some D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth - Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Health Benefits) nearly every day.

The cats. Hmmm, different story. The old cat (15 yrs) has lived on Friskies canned and free-fed crunchies (Science Diet Hairball) forever. New kitten (about 8 or 9 months) I was doing the same but started reading up on cat food. :eek: I see the mistakes I've been making. Pulled the crunchies from old cat - he gets them at night after all meals just in case he wants to nom but when this bag of SD Hairball is gone he will get the grain free crunchies that the kitten eats). Kitten only gets about 1/8 cup of grain free crunchies at night, before bedtime.

Am in the process of switching them off of Friskies to better food. Cats are pickier. I've found they like Natural Balance original flavor, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, and a new brand called B.G. (before grain). All are grain and crap free. I also mix in chicken, beef or pork (old cat loves him some pork done on the grill!) several times a week.

Once I pulled old cats crunchies I noticed a huge decrease in his water intake. Those damn things were making him very, very thirsty.

Last edited:
I don't eat grains and I certainly would not feed my dogs (or cats) a grain based food.

There are many examples of dogs eating a vegetarian or even vegan diet and living to a very old age. Even Guinness World Record old age.

So they must not be carnivores. Cats are obligatory carnivores, meaning they will become ill if they don't get any meat at all.

My dogs get Canine Caviar Lamb & Pearl Millet and sometimes the Chicken and Pearl Millet. In addition, I give them homemade food consisting of brown rice, green beans, scrambled egg, boiled hamburger, cottage cheese and diced chicken breast. With a few squirts of salmon oil. They are in very good health...so far. One Doberman is almost 10, the other is almost 9.

I have seen dogs live to a ripe old age when fed cheap dog food, too. Not that I advocate that, not at all!

There are many examples of dogs eating a vegetarian or even vegan diet and living to a very old age. Even Guinness World Record old age.

So they must not be carnivores. Cats are obligatory carnivores, meaning they will become ill if they don't get any meat at all.

My dogs get Canine Caviar Lamb & Pearl Millet and sometimes the Chicken and Pearl Millet. In addition, I give them homemade food consisting of brown rice, green beans, scrambled egg, boiled hamburger, cottage cheese and diced chicken breast. With a few squirts of salmon oil. They are in very good health...so far. One Doberman is almost 10, the other is almost 9.

I have seen dogs live to a ripe old age when fed cheap dog food, too. Not that I advocate that, not at all!

my dog loves to eat fresh grass

she has also been known to eat

broccoli covered in cheese

in fact she will beg for it

--LOL

my dog loves a good old peanut butter sandwich once and awhile

--LOL

I would eat peanut butter as a human, much less give it to my dog. Peanut butter is for the sheep of this world who like rat poison, but dont know it.

Its not healthy to give dogs human food because human food isnt good for humans anymore. In the old days, dogs and humans had the same type of diet.

my dog loves a good old peanut butter sandwich once and awhile

--LOL

I would eat peanut butter as a human, much less give it to my dog. Peanut butter is for the sheep of this world who like rat poison, but dont know it.

Its not healthy to give dogs human food because human food isnt good for humans anymore. In the old days, dogs and humans had the same type of diet.

speak for yourself

out here all of our meals are straight up healthy

no out of the box cookin going on here

my dog is 13 going on 6

--LOL

Forum List

Back