2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

Anyways back to Benny. Cinnamon Saints Ben Beau. Little mother trucker from hades. You think you want to deal with a pit?

Try a Boston.

That's just stupid. Try a Boston? Sure, try a Boston. What is their record of mauling children to death? Pretty fucking low. Try a Boston? A dog most adult men can pick up with one hand? You are not thinking clearly because you've got an agenda here.

So do you.

Pits are easy to teach and easy to handle. I have a pit, a JRT and a saint..and the PIT (and he's intact) is EASILY the easiest of the three to control off leash. The pit isn't the one that jumps up and tries to grab the baby when he comes to visit...that's the JRT..and she means business.

It's stupid to leave your child alone with any dogs....but it's equally stupid to think there are certain breeds that are *safer*..Bostons are terriers too.

Guys always equate physical power with intent. Women run up to my saint and love on him...men for the most part are terrified of him...

On the other end of the spectrum, men are always trying to "play" or "hold" or pick up Mylo...and they get their asses bitten for their trouble.

A small dog can kill a small child very, very quickly. Pits get a bad name because a lot of assholes let their dogs run or they train them to be mean..but ALL DOGS ARE DANGEROUS. All dogs, just as all horses do, have the potential and the genetic coding, to kill things...particularly small helpless things.

So do you.

Pits are easy to teach and easy to handle. I have a pit, a JRT and a saint..and the PIT (and he's intact) is EASILY the easiest of the three to control off leash. The pit isn't the one that jumps up and tries to grab the baby when he comes to visit...that's the JRT..and she means business.

It's stupid to leave your child alone with any dogs....but it's equally stupid to think there are certain breeds that are *safer*..Bostons are terriers too.

Guys always equate physical power with intent. Women run up to my saint and love on him...men for the most part are terrified of him...

On the other end of the spectrum, men are always trying to "play" or "hold" or pick up Mylo...and they get their asses bitten for their trouble.

A small dog can kill a small child very, very quickly. Pits get a bad name because a lot of assholes let their dogs run or they train them to be mean..but ALL DOGS ARE DANGEROUS. All dogs, just as all horses do, have the potential and the genetic coding, to kill things...particularly small helpless things.

That's funny, Mastiffs are usually such gentle dogs.

I was saying yesterday that I've never encountered a mean Rottweiler. St. Bernards, Belgian Shepherds, and Great Danes fall into this as well.

I think that because these dogs are so large, people have been careful to breed them to be friendly.

Which statistics are you speaking about? The ones where people are calling dogs pitbulls that are not pitbulls? Off the top of my head I can think of at least 4 breeds frequently mis identified as pits that are not pitbulls.

German Shepherds were bred to be guard dogs. They have indeed attacked and killed people. Any dog strong/big enough to be a guard dog can seriously injure or kill an adult or kill a child.

Girl, 13, savaged by German shepherd puppy which tore chunk out of her nose and left her needing 50 stitches | Mail Online

Pitbulls excel at obedience training. Anything you train them to do they do extremely well and give it their all. Thats one of the reasons I know owners are a large part of most accidents with incidents where the dog is actually a pitbull. I would say that and unstable dogs account for 99.9% of attacks pits are involved in.

German Shepherds were bred to be...

Sheep herding dogs. They turned out to be good guard dogs, but as the name shows, they were bred for sheep herding.

You are correct. Originally they were bred for herding but since sheep herding died out they have been breed to be police and attack dogs.

Forum List

Back