Penn & Teller destroy the anti-vaccine movement in 90 seconds

I don't get it. I don't see this movement as being that big. We are forced to get them in school. Once out of school it should be up to the individual.

I don't get it. I don't see this movement as being that big. We are forced to get them in school. Once out of school it should be up to the individual.

The movement isn't that big, but it has a lot of Celebritards advocating it like Jenny McCarthy. And there are stupid people who do things because Celebrities tell them to.

These people also tend to vote Republican.

Penn and Teller's BS was a great show, although by Season 8, they were running out of steam.

They ran out of interesting things to talk about. Of course divisive issues like the Bible and gun control were easy to criticize. What were they supposed to talk about by season 8?

The anti-vaccination thing was started by a British doctor named Andrew Wakefield. Since then his medical license has been revoked, and his "studies" on the subject have been retracted. Now he lives operates out of Texas where he still spouts his anti-vaccination bullshit.

The anti-vaccination thing was started by a British doctor named Andrew Wakefield. Since then his medical license has been revoked, and his "studies" on the subject have been retracted. Now he lives operates out of Texas where he still spouts his anti-vaccination bullshit.

I have my doubts on some of it and do think some of them can be dangerous. But like I said, we were forced to have them in school. Now I make my own choice if I want one.

I have my doubts on some of it and do think some of them can be dangerous. But like I said, we were forced to have them in school. Now I make my own choice if I want one.

Are you a parent? It would be a disservice to your children if you avoided vaccines because one disgraced doctor said they cause autism.

I was vaccinated. I have autism. I don't blame vaccinations for it.

Are you a parent? It would be a disservice to your children if you avoided vaccines because one disgraced doctor said they cause autism.

My dear, I was and both my children were vaccinated. Now as an adult of 60 years old. I can see where some people might be leery of them. that's all.

My dear, I was and both my children were vaccinated. Now as an adult of 60 years old. I can see where some people might be leery of them. that's all.

Are you or either of your children autistic? Have you met a single child negatively effected by being vaccinated?

I was a navy brat so I got every vaccination the military could pump into me and look how well I turned out. :ack-1:

Are you or either of your children autistic? Have you met a single child negatively effected by being vaccinated?

No dear, and can't say I have met anyone negatively effected by them. All I'm saying is I can understand having some doubts of whats in some these vaccinations. I do see a lot of people get sick from the flu shots. so that is what I'm making my judgement's on. that's why I've never had one. but I'm lucky I'm healthy. I hardly get the flu even when I worked in the schools. hope the clears things up for you.

I rarely get sick and I haven't been vaccinated in at least 20 years but I got Cancer last year.

Tell me, what Vaccination should I have taken that would have prevented it?

Guy told me the other day "It's all Genetics" to which I replied; "Ok so tell me, what's the genetic marker for Melanoma and does that mean you WILL get it?"

How many strains of Flu are there? How many strains does the Vaccination prevent?

What is in the vaccination? How is it preserved?

Penn and Teller's BS was a great show, although by Season 8, they were running out of steam.

They ran out of interesting things to talk about. Of course divisive issues like the Bible and gun control were easy to criticize. What were they supposed to talk about by season 8?

I think part of it was that they were running out of steam, and part of it was that they found themselves increasingly constrained by Showtime.

In season 7, they did an episode that was critical of the Catholic Church and the Vatican. It only aired once, and they didn't include it on the DVD release.

Forum List

Back