Pelosi pours gas on the fire by launching another impeachment of Trump.

I am. Its like charging the guy who shoots someone dead in the street for both the murder and for littering because the person he shot fell to the ground. He's leaving office in 8 days. Censure him..you could probably get the Senate to go along with that. It's historic. And history would view it with indulgence since there is less than two weeks before the blob oozes out of office.

I disagree.

If Trump is allowed to get away with this, what's to keep the next guy from inciting a mob to storm Congress.

A Censure really isn't good enough.

Pragmatically speaking...impeachment is a useless move by the House and will have real world consequences.

Another dumb move by Pelosi.

I thought you were for law and order.

I am. Its like charging the guy who shoots someone dead in the street for both the murder and for littering because the person he shot fell to the ground. He's leaving office in 8 days. Censure him..you could probably get the Senate to go along with that. It's historic. And history would view it with indulgence since there is less than two weeks before the blob oozes out of office.
Pelosi's an unhinged impulsive twit, just like when she tore up the SOTU speech.
You two have something in common.

You don't think the Senate would remove him? Or vote him from taking office again? Why do you think so?
The Senate is in a pro forma session and would require unanimous consent to reconvene which is highly unlikely. They would not get the articles until it didn’t matter anymore making it purely a symbolic act by the House.

You don't think the Senate would remove him? Or vote him from taking office again? Why do you think so?

Politics.

You're not going to get 17 Republicans to line up against the blob on this...especially after he leaves office. Had this happened in January of last year; perhaps.

With ONE week left in his presidency ?

Yes, absolutely.

If an attempted Coup isn't Impeachable, what is?

Congress might not be capable of common decency, but they should be capable of self-preservation. If Trump gets away with this, what's to stop the next guy from inciting a mob to storm Congress and kill them all?
The next guy?

Link us up to someone inciting a mob to "storm Congress and kill them all"?

You are a lunatic.

I think it is a dumb move. By the time the Senate would take it up, it will all be moot anyway. Besides, even though the Senate and House just endured an insurrectionist mob incited by Trump, enough Republicans would remain servile enough to acquit him again.

It's about holding people accountable. Trump is suppose to get a pass just because he's only got a week left?
I think it is a dumb move. By the time the Senate would take it up, it will all be moot anyway.
He needs to be held accountable.

And he needs to be prevented from ever holding office again.

And he needs to go down in history as the only President to be twice Impeached

more gas
Because he's a "patriot"

5ffa83ced2bf3.jpg

More over-reach from the Dems.
Like banning the Walkaway movement and not banning the President of Iran.
Impeach him. Make him a martyr to his followers. You fucking idiots have won but acting like you lost.
You have no idea how many people have been redpilled over this weekend.

It's about holding people accountable. Trump is suppose to get a pass just because he's only got a week left?
I think it is a dumb move. By the time the Senate would take it up, it will all be moot anyway.

Repugs will never hold him accountable.
And that only happens if convicted by the Senate. Slim chance of that happening.
...and twice acquitted, no doubt.

All impeachment can do is remove him from office. He deserves a lot more than that, IMHO.

Impeachment is only an accusation. He was found not guilty by the Senate. I doubt the Democrats have the time to impeach him again. They have 9 days.
Wrong. They have 9 days to pass articles of impeachment in the house. They will probably wait until after tRump is gone to move in the senate.

Impeachment is only an accusation. He was found not guilty by the Senate. I doubt the Democrats have the time to impeach him again. They have 9 days.

It doesn't really matter to them. They are sending a message to the rest of the country that you cannot be a citizen and run for the presidency. You need to be part of the club; work your way from the bottom up; need to make dirty backroom deals. If not, Do Not Apply, or the very same thing will happen to you if you win. And of course, a message to Trump if he considers 2024, which he probably won't unless Biden puts this country in such bad shape.

We shouldn't have expected anything less. Only morons bought the lie that we need a peaceful transaction. We need to unify the country. The rest of us were well aware, if you give Nazis power, they are going to act like Nazis, and that's what we are seeing today.

it is not wise, there is not enough time, though the Senate did get a supreme court justice from day appointed to day voted on and approved, in 8 total days, which is unheard of.....

Part of this is it has to be put on the congressional record, that this is not acceptable, so future presidents don't try it.... but isn't a censure available to do that?

And surely, there could be a criminal investigation and possible charges, as there would be for any other human being on this earth that possibly incited a riot at the capitol....

but maybe her concern is that he will try to pardon himself for his possibly seditious acts? And he won't be able to do that, if he is impeached for them, and convicted in the senate because a president can not pardon someone if they were impeached for the crime????

i truly don't know?

but my gut says, it's just not worth it..... even though more than half of Americans believe Trump did something really really really awful and believe no one should be above the law... those congress critters and staff and capitol police and secret service agents and VP Mike Pence who were terrorized and all of the family members who were terrorized with fear for their relatives stuck in there, deserve some justice!
It's to keep him from running again. Yes, having some kind of response on the Congressional record is a factor, but it's mostly to stop his aspirations to run again. Which he has clearly shown us is his plan.
Keeping him from running again is important, though he never would win again imo.

It helps the Republicans with 2024 ambitions more than anyone, because right now he's like a chain and ball on them.

The should make the legislators go on record as being for or against treason.

That way the supporters of treason can have their lives destroyed as they well should be

Just the opposite

Trump is a danger to this country and needs to be removed ASAP.

His violent followers are ALREADY planning attacks., Removing him isn't gonna make them more crazy than they already are and MAY stop further attacks on Democracy
Do it.
Make him a martyr.
Ban the Walkaway movement from the internet, and allow the President of Iran to stay online.
Do all the stupid things that you want. Make us stronger.
Why aren't you celebrating? Why are you so fearful?

Politics.

You're not going to get 17 Republicans to line up against the blob on this...especially after he leaves office. Had this happened in January of last year; perhaps.
Don't kid yourself. Billions of dollars of corporation lobbyism is floating around.
They want Trump gone for 2024 and will pay whatever it takes. They are not after President Trump. They are after you. Trump is just in the way.

Forum List

Back