Pelosi Appoints 2nd GOP Critic Of trump To Jan. 6 Committee

Yes they did. When Republicans voted against the creation of a bi-partisan investigation like the 9/11 Commission, they put Nancy Pelosi in charge of how the investigation would be set up and how it would be run.

Republicans don't want an investigation because they helped Trump do this.
So Nancy wasn't in charge BEFORE Republicans refused to go along with what they rightfully saw would be a partisan show trial overseen by Nancy Pelosi? What reason does Pelosi have to say that Jim Jordan shouldn't sit on that commission? Why would anyone believe the findings of a commission that only has people who HATE Trump sitting on it? That's absurd and you know it! So why is Pelosi doing what she's doing? Something that's absolutely unprecedented?

Firstly, let us dispel the lies:
[T]hough intelligence showed the Capitol building would be the target on Jan. 6, [Capitol Police Chief Steven] Sund said the event was expected to be similar to previous large protests organized by pro-Trump supporters on Nov. 14 and Dec. 12 in Washington, D.C. at the Supreme Court and adjacent Capitol grounds. Those MAGA events involved thousands of people but had a limited number amount of violence, injuries to officers and arrests, Sund said, adding that at no point at either of those events did people attempt to storm the Supreme Court building.... arguing that Capitol Police did everything it could with the intelligence available beforehand, but still did not expect a group of "thousands of well-coordinated, well-equipped violent criminals" to attack law enforcement at the Capitol building
The Speaker of the House is not in charge of Capitol security. That's the responsibility of the Capitol Police Board, which oversees the US Capitol Police and approves requests for National Guard assistance... [A]ccording to testimony from the former Capitol Police chief, Pelosi was not involved in the decisions made ahead of January 6 regarding the National Guard. Former US Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund said that he approached both Sergeants at Arms (appointed by Republicans) on the House and Senate side on January 4 to request the National Guard through an Emergency Declaration from the Capitol Police Board. His request, according to Sund, was not approved. Instead, the Senate Sergeant at Arms Michael C. Stenger "suggested I ask (the National Guard) how quickly we could get support if needed and to 'lean forward' in case we had to request assistance on January 6," according to Sund's testimony.​

And you can fully believe that Pelosi will direct any questions or allegations away from herself, even though she knew of it in advance and had the authority to derail the incident. In other words, she planned the entire thing.
You have been issued bullshit to spew.

In reality, the Capitol Police Chief has stated for the record that they were not aware of the scale of the Trump goon attack beforehand, and both senate and house sergeants-at-arms who were in charge of operational matters of security were appointed by Republicans.

Trump fanatics, whose allegiance is to neither party nor the nation, will attempt to savage the bipartisan inquiry into the Trump goon attack on Congress by lies, obfuscations, and desperate diversions, but the members appear to be all dedicated to exposing truth in the interest of national security. The leadership of both parties expressed the need for an independent commission in the immediate wake of the Trump goon attack, and those who ran away from it have only themselves to blame if they are pissy about the results.

Liz Cheney:
"What happened on January 6th can never happen again. Those who are responsible for the attack need to be held accountable and this select committee will fulfill that responsibility in a professional, expeditious, and non-partisan manner."

Zoe Lofgren:
"What caused a mob of Americans to think that they were somehow supporting the Constitution when they tried to disrupt the constitutional process of counting the Electoral College votes? Who paid for it? How is it organized? We need to find that out to keep the country safe."

Adam Schiff:
"Why didn't we see this coming? What kind of advance warning did we have, should we have had? What are the appropriate mechanisms that law enforcement can use to identify when there's a threat to the nation's capital, and how that information can be shared? It's my hope that through our efforts we can get those answers and put additional pressure as needed on the agencies to be forthcoming with that information so that we can prepare for the future."
Jamie Raskin:
"How did they organize it, and why did they organize it? What were the purposes of the different critical actors who were present on that day?"

Adam Kinzinger:
This moment requires a serious, clear-eyed, non-partisan approach. We are duty-bound to conduct a full investigation on the worst attack on the Capitol since 1814 and to make sure it can never happen again."

Pete Aguilar:
"Five people lost their lives. Staffers were barricaded here in the Capitol. Members were affected. Everyone touched by Jan. 6 deserves to find the truth of what transpired, what led up to it and how we can protect our democracy moving forward."

Stephanie Murphy:
"I fled a country where political violence was how political transitions were made. (Vietnam) And so it broke my heart to be in this building on Jan. 6 and see the kind of political violence that occurred in the country I fled and in countries that I worked on when I was at the Department of Defense happening here in our country."

Elaine Luria:
"The first time that I took the oath to protect and defend our Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, I was 17 years old entering the Naval Academy. I never thought that fast-forwarding to today, I would be standing here serving in this capacity, looking into why we had a violent mob attack our Capitol, the process of a smooth transition of government."

[Here Are The 9 Lawmakers Investigating The Jan. 6 Capitol Attack]

Last edited:
So I ask again, my opinion is wrong? How can an opinion be wrong?

An opinion is wrong, when its not based on any facts. If you believe the election was stolen, you are wrong, because there are no facts to support such an opinion. Trump saying it happened and you believing it, doesn't validate your opinion, it just proves your gullibility.

People hold lots of "opinions", but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own set of facts. If you don't like the outcome of an election, you can't just fabricate a different outcome out of thin air, and then pretend that its real. That's called "delusion".

Apparently you didn't read my links. Pelosi controls everything there is to control about the House, including the Sergeant at Arms.

I saw what I saw on the videos with my own eyes. Unlike you and your blithering idiot minions, I watch the news.
I read the links. Pelosi didn’t have anything to do with the decision and no one claims she did other than people are just making assumptions, otherwise known as people who don’t know anything.

How did you figure out the videos were of “liberals in disguises”? Did they actually show that or is that just what you were told to believe?

Apparently you didn't read my links. Pelosi controls everything there is to control about the House, including the Sergeant at Arms.

I saw what I saw on the videos with my own eyes. Unlike you and your blithering idiot minions, I watch the news.
You saw an insurrection.

Speaker of the House does not direct police forces or call up any other forces.

Republicans put Nancy Pelosi in charge of the Select Committee?

sure did when they threw away their votes for complete equal & independent autonomy when it was negotiated in the spring.

tutt fucking tutt. now the facts WILL come out.

nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-clap.gif

Who was it that was "in charge" if it wasn't Pelosi? This whole notion that it's the GOP that put Nancy Pelosi in charge by default borders on insanity!

Democrats proposed a bipartisan commission composed of both Senate and House representatives. They would have shared chairmanship

Republicans shot it down.

They have no complaint when Dems go with a Select Committee

An opinion is wrong, when its not based on any facts. If you believe the election was stolen, you are wrong, because there are no facts to support such an opinion. Trump saying it happened and you believing it, doesn't validate your opinion, it just proves your gullibility.

People hold lots of "opinions", but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own set of facts. If you don't like the outcome of an election, you can't just fabricate a different outcome out of thin air, and then pretend that its real. That's called "delusion".
The delusional nature of the falsehood is underscored by its having fizzled repeatedly in the rational realm - an imaginary vast conspiracy that would necessitate the collusion of, among others, Republican governors, Republican secretaries of state, Republican attorneys general, Republican auditors, Republican judges who dismissed all the baseless challenges, etc., etc., etc., yet not a single suspect identified, nor any explanation as to how the caper was masterminded, coordinated, and flawlessly implemented.

The preponderance of irrefutable facts confirms, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the self-serving, unsupportable lie is pure

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 12.43.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 12.44.33 PM.png

... now the facts WILL come out.
Indeed, but they might have been a tad less damning if Trump bum kissers had not flipped and sabotaged the independent, bipartisan commission they had supported.

On the whole, I expect that the bipartisan congressional inquiry will validate the initial assessments:

“The president bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters.
He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy

• "The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people."
  • Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell

Pelosi is trying to pack this committee with only those who will vote as she te3lls them to vote.

She has no business choosing or rejecting any from the opposition party as it only leads to a false committee.
The Republiscum refused to cooperate. Don't blame Pelosi for that. Those traitors want to skunk this committee all they can, since most of them will be implicated in the insurrection.

TRAITORS... those who aren't hung deserve life in prison.

So Nancy wasn't in charge BEFORE Republicans refused to go along with what they rightfully saw would be a partisan show trial overseen by Nancy Pelosi? What reason does Pelosi have to say that Jim Jordan shouldn't sit on that commission? Why would anyone believe the findings of a commission that only has people who HATE Trump sitting on it? That's absurd and you know it! So why is Pelosi doing what she's doing? Something that's absolutely unprecedented?
The attempt to transfer blame to the House Speaker fizzled.

Back to reality:

It's important for the nation that the Trump goon attack is honestly confronted, and this bipartisan congressional hearing :

• The panel is hearing from two members of the Capitol Police department — Officer Harry Dunn and Sgt. Aquilino Gonell — along with two members of D.C.’s police force: officers Michael Fanone and Daniel Hodges.
  • During his testimony, Fanone slammed his fist on the table and called the indifference of some lawmakers to the attack disgraceful. “Nothing, truly nothing, has prepared me to address those elected members of our government who continue to deny the events of that day. And in doing so, betray their oath of office.”

So I ask again how can an opinion be wrong? This is their opinion not mine. You believe Jews invented whining. That is your opinion. How can your opinion be wrong? An opinion is not based on fact, otherwise it would be a fact.

Much of the impact will be lost on Americans who won't see a police uniform before they see the black skin under the uniform.

It's always going to primarily a racism issue in America, and the political right don't own that exclusively.

Sinajuavi Refused to co-operate with the setting up a a rigged against them action? Well, the democrats just can't let that pass and apparently cheating has your full support. You are what is wrong with this country.

So I ask again how can an opinion be wrong? This is their opinion not mine. You believe Jews invented whining. That is your opinion. How can your opinion be wrong? An opinion is not based on fact, otherwise it would be a fact.
On topic, police testimony concerning the Trump goons:

"My fellow officers and I were punched, pushed, kicked, shoved, sprayed with chemical irritants and even blinded with eye-damaging lasers by a violent mob who apparently saw us law enforcement officers, dedicated to ironically protecting them as U.S. citizens, as an impediment in their attempted insurrection," Gonell said.

['This Is How I'm Going To Die': Police Sergeant Recalls The Terror Of Jan. 6]

Forum List

Back