Trump testifying live before Jan. 6 committee would require 'negotiation,' Kinzinger says

Amie2345

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2022

What happened to we dont negotiate with terrorists?

The House Jan. 6 committee investigating last year's Capitol riot would need to negotiate with former President Donald Trump if he were to offer to testify live in response to the panel's subpoena, Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Sunday.

"I think that's going to be a negotiation," Kinzinger, R-Ill., a member of the committee, told ABC "This Week" anchor George Stephanopoulos. "I'll only address that when we know for sure whether or not the president has tried to push to come in and talk to us live."

"He's made it clear he has nothing to hide, [that's] what he said. So he should come in on the day we asked him to come in. If he pushes off beyond that, we'll figure out what to do next," Kinzinger said.

He dodged Stephanopoulos' question on whether Trump should be held in criminal contempt if he does not comply with the subpoena.

"Do you believe that the Justice Department, if the president refuses, should hold him in criminal contempt?" Stephanopoulos asked.

Seems they're all afraid of him>>>>

1665954462747.png

~S~

The House Jan. 6 committee investigating last year's Capitol riot would need to negotiate with former President Donald Trump if he were to offer to testify live in response to the panel's subpoena, Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Sunday.

"I think that's going to be a negotiation," Kinzinger, R-Ill., a member of the committee, told ABC "This Week" anchor George Stephanopoulos. "I'll only address that when we know for sure whether or not the president has tried to push to come in and talk to us live."

"He's made it clear he has nothing to hide, [that's] what he said. So he should come in on the day we asked him to come in. If he pushes off beyond that, we'll figure out what to do next," Kinzinger said.

He dodged Stephanopoulos' question on whether Trump should be held in criminal contempt if he does not comply with the subpoena.

"Do you believe that the Justice Department, if the president refuses, should hold him in criminal contempt?" Stephanopoulos asked.

I doubt he testifies, but if he does, they are rolling the dice on the future of the Neo Cons being even a fringe group. A live video with Americans watching...I can imagine why Adam "I have something in my eyes" Kinzinger wants to limit Trumps freedom of speech.

They also don't want it to go past the midterms, because well, this is purely political for them, nothing more.

LOL President Trump called their bluff. He’d blow them up while giving his statements and testimony. They are in full panic now. Their pre-midterm plan is blowing up in their faces.

No way in hell Trump will testify under oath
I think you've lost understanding about what "under oath" means. Because you've lost understanding of what the word "lie" means. Not your fault. Your media has spent the last seven years using a new definition they made up. This is the actual definition of "lie:"

1665956677800.png

Your media has changed it to "disagree with us."

This is the federal legal definition of perjury:

Whoever—
(1)
having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2)
in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 773; Pub. L. 88–619, § 1, Oct. 3, 1964, 78 Stat. 995; Pub. L. 94–550, § 2, Oct. 18, 1976, 90 Stat. 2534; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(I), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

So, you have to really go out of your way to commit perjury. You cannot be "tripped up" into perjury.

You also seem to envision Trump obediently answering questions put to him with a meek "yes," or "no." How you envision Trump doing that is a mystery to me. It would be out of character, to say the least.

Here is what would happen if they allow Trump to testify unedited and unredacted: The congresspersons would make lengthy speeches airing their grievances against Trump at long last to his face. Likely they will get choked up, while doing it. They will end with "is that not true," or some such.

I say "they," but I don't see Trump allowing that to happen more than once. By the second person, he will start interrupting. Then . . . he will keep interrupting. If they didn't cry the first time, they will surely cry now. The chairman, be it Schiffshow or Bennie Tokenson, will try to get Trump to stop, but will be unable to bring themselves to throw Trump out. Trump will pretend that he is going to behave and let them get started again. Then as soon as they think they are gaining traction, he will plow into them again.

What Dems don't get is that Trump is a boor and a bully. Even the ones who say that he is a bully and a boor don't really get that he's not acting, that's his personality and it works for him so he ain't gonna change.

I don't mind that, now that the Dems have gone full on fascists and he is standing up to them. They are bullies also, but pathetic and weak bullies of the wings off of flies or ants under the magnifiar variety. He overwhelms them easily. The sissy boy on the playground cannot stand up to the bully by meeting force with force, because he hasn't enough force. Trump is no fly or ant. the pathetic sissy has to outsmart the bully. Get him to bully you when he doesn't realize a teacher is behind him, or put something in his food when he's busy bullying someone else.

Trump is a rare bully that is almost impossible to outsmart, as the Dems have learned for the last seven years.

He already said he would if it was televised live.

What is the Shit Show Committee afraid of?
They're maybe afraid he won't testify under oath and will just try and give a prepared speech. If he answers questions under oath and doesn't take the 5th he'll go directly to jail without passing go. He can't open his mouth without a lie coming out.

I think you've lost understanding about what "under oath" means. Because you've lost understanding of what the word "lie" means. Not your fault. Your media has spent the last seven years using a new definition they made up. This is the actual definition of "lie:"

View attachment 711021

Your media has changed it to "disagree with us."

This is the federal legal definition of perjury:

Whoever—
(1)
having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2)
in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 773; Pub. L. 88–619, § 1, Oct. 3, 1964, 78 Stat. 995; Pub. L. 94–550, § 2, Oct. 18, 1976, 90 Stat. 2534; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(I), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

So, you have to really go out of your way to commit perjury. You cannot be "tripped up" into perjury.

You also seem to envision Trump obediently answering questions put to him with a meek "yes," or "no." How you envision Trump doing that is a mystery to me. It would be out of character, to say the least.

Here is what would happen if they allow Trump to testify unedited and unredacted: The congresspersons would make lengthy speeches airing their grievances against Trump at long last to his face. Likely they will get choked up, while doing it. They will end with "is that not true," or some such.

I say "they," but I don't see Trump allowing that to happen more than once. By the second person, he will start interrupting. Then . . . he will keep interrupting. If they didn't cry the first time, they will surely cry now. The chairman, be it Schiffshow or Bennie Tokenson, will try to get Trump to stop, but will be unable to bring themselves to throw Trump out. Trump will pretend that he is going to behave and let them get started again. Then as soon as they think they are gaining traction, he will plow into them again.

What Dems don't get is that Trump is a boor and a bully. Even the ones who say that he is a bully and a boor don't really get that he's not acting, that's his personality and it works for him so he ain't gonna change.

I don't mind that, now that the Dems have gone full on fascists and he is standing up to them. They are bullies also, but pathetic and weak bullies of the wings off of flies or ants under the magnifiar variety. He overwhelms them easily. The sissy boy on the playground cannot stand up to the bully by meeting force with force, because he hasn't enough force. Trump is no fly or ant. the pathetic sissy has to outsmart the bully. Get him to bully you when he doesn't realize a teacher is behind him, or put something in his food when he's busy bullying someone else.

Trump is a rare bully that is almost impossible to outsmart, as the Dems have learned for the last seven years.
When Trump is pressured or unsure….he lies
That is what he does

His lawyers know that and everyone in Congress knows that

No way he testifies under oath

Forum List

Back