...PBS/Frontline and that Insurrection brouhaha...

I’ve watched the news coverage over the January 6th ‘events’ at the Capitol closely.
Have posted occasionally on this venue about the people and the alleged transgression by them.

So when I saw this TV documentary on PBS, put together by Frontline & ProPublica I was intrigued.
I watched it and was impressed.

I posted a recent thread about it, but, because I’m a newbie and failed to follow common-sense protocols of the site, the thread was closed.

Still, the topic itself is still of importance. I bring it up again as in my opinion it remains a topic of important public interest and appropriate for political debate. Hopefully, I’ll do it right and the thread will offer an opportunity for all to demonstrate their own personal opinion on January 6th’s importance.

January 6th will be one of those events that will long resonate with Americans for generation…like Kennedy being shot, like the Challenger explosion, like 9/11.
A mob of partisans attacked the seat of our government, the ‘Peoples’s House’, in attempt to disrupt or reverse a constitutionally mandated step in our sacred democratic process of choosing our leadership.

Therefore, because I have long admired PBS and the Frontline productions I was keenly interested in their perspective on January 6th.
I was not disappointed in their treatment.

From the Tea Party movement, to Birtherisms, to Charlottesville, to the Capitol takeover in Lansing, Michigan to the violence at the Capitol in January, Frontline shows us a thru-line.
A narrative that is credible and understandable.

I strongly recommend that readers here find the PBS documentary and watch it:
Here is what one reviewer said about it:

“Law enforcement officials might have been caught off guard by the assault on the U.S. Capitol in January, but American Insurrection makes it painfully clear that the pieces for the attack had been put in play years before Donald Trump told his supporters to “take back” their country in Washington D.C. Part an examination of the various extremist groups that gained prominence during Trump’s presidency and part a condemnation of the forces that have aided and abetted them, PBS’ “American Insurrection” offers a wholly compelling portrait of how the nation’s most notorious fascist organizations operate and recruit members.

The 90-minute documentary, an investigative collaboration between Frontline, ProPublica, and the UC Berkeley Investigative Reporting Program, follows journalist A.C. Thompson as he reports on some of the nation’s most violent incidents over the last several years….”
Frontline is a propaganda organ, and nothing more.

They weren't caught off guard, they intentionally kept the Capitol police understaffed for the day.....even with the offer of national guard troops to help.......anything from PBS is crap.........as Kurt Schlicter pointed out, this was barely a frat party gone bad, it wasn't an insurrection......the democrats are exploiting this as their Reichstag fire...

You do know that the majority of the Michigan guys who said they wanted to kidnap Whitmer were on the FBI payroll..right?
"anything from PBS is crap" prove it. How? Dont just assert it is, give an example and evidence of falsehood.

"anything from PBS is crap" prove it. How? Dont just assert it is, give an example and evidence of falsehood.
This documentary was funded by the Ford Foundation, as such, it is prone to bias and being quite hypocritical in it's partisanship.

Foundation Finances Terrorist Sympathizers​

"In 2011 and 2012, the Ford Foundation donated over $1 million each year to a radical organization called “Latino Justice PDLDEF.” While Latino Justice claims to be “committed to justice and leadership,” it seems to have a skewed definition of what “justice” means.

For instance, Latino Justice calls for the immediate release of convicted terrorist Oscar Lopez. The organization heaps praise upon the incarcerated criminal by referring to him as “the Puerto Rican nation’s shining star,” and a “political prisoner.” Here are some facts about the “shining star” that Latino Justice would like to release back onto the streets:

• In 1972, Oscar Lopez became one of the leaders of the FALN, a Puerto Rican terrorist group.
  • In 1975, the FALN bombed the historic Fraunces Taven in Manhattan. The attack killed 4 and injured 60.
  • In the course of 9 years, the FALN would set off nearly 140 bombs.
  • In 1981, Oscar Lopez was arrested and convicted for conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.
  • Oscar Lopez received additional time behind bars after he attempted to break out of prison twice.
  • Described as an “unrepentant terrorist.” Lopez once told the Associated Press, “The whole thing of contrition, atonement, I have problems with that.”
In May of 1981, Oscar Lopez was arrested for his role in numerous FALN attacks. The following day, “FBI agents discovered bomb-making material” in an apartment rented by Lopez. Oscar Lopez was charged with weapons violations, conspiracy to transport explosives, and “seditious conspiracy.” The U.S. Code defines seditious conspiracy as conspiring, “to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States.”

This foundation is also rumored to have connections to the Deep State. . . so, if there were any agent provocateurs, either from the left, or from a Deep State angle, we can be sure that this information would not be included in this piece of STATE propaganda.

This documentary was funded by the Ford Foundation, as such, it is prone to bias and being quite hypocritical in it's partisanship.

Foundation Finances Terrorist Sympathizers​

"In 2011 and 2012, the Ford Foundation donated over $1 million each year to a radical organization called “Latino Justice PDLDEF.” While Latino Justice claims to be “committed to justice and leadership,” it seems to have a skewed definition of what “justice” means.

For instance, Latino Justice calls for the immediate release of convicted terrorist Oscar Lopez. The organization heaps praise upon the incarcerated criminal by referring to him as “the Puerto Rican nation’s shining star,” and a “political prisoner.” Here are some facts about the “shining star” that Latino Justice would like to release back onto the streets:

• In 1972, Oscar Lopez became one of the leaders of the FALN, a Puerto Rican terrorist group.
  • In 1975, the FALN bombed the historic Fraunces Taven in Manhattan. The attack killed 4 and injured 60.
  • In the course of 9 years, the FALN would set off nearly 140 bombs.
  • In 1981, Oscar Lopez was arrested and convicted for conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.
  • Oscar Lopez received additional time behind bars after he attempted to break out of prison twice.
  • Described as an “unrepentant terrorist.” Lopez once told the Associated Press, “The whole thing of contrition, atonement, I have problems with that.”
In May of 1981, Oscar Lopez was arrested for his role in numerous FALN attacks. The following day, “FBI agents discovered bomb-making material” in an apartment rented by Lopez. Oscar Lopez was charged with weapons violations, conspiracy to transport explosives, and “seditious conspiracy.” The U.S. Code defines seditious conspiracy as conspiring, “to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States.”

This foundation is also rumored to have connections to the Deep State. . . so, if there were any agent provocateurs, either from the left, or from a Deep State angle, we can be sure that this information would not be included in this piece of STATE propaganda.

Thanks for the information. I dont think that proves the documentary is wrong, but it would indicate a bias.

"This foundation is also rumored to have connections to the Deep State."
"That doesn't surprise me at all."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, guys. You go with that. The "Deep State".
The 'Deep State' works like a Leatherman tool for you folks. A universal tool. It'll work for you in so many many ways when you are puzzled, perplexed, don't understand, or are just plain un-informed.

Speaking of rumors ----- I think I may probably have heard that that documentary was crafted by a Celestial Choir hand-picked by Jesus Christ and Buddha.

So there is that.
My rumors have as much gravitas as your Deep-State fantagasms.

IMHO

The 'Deep State' works like a Leatherman tool for you folks. A universal tool. It'll work for you in so many many ways when you are puzzled, perplexed, don't understand, or are just plain un-informed.

Speaking of rumors ----- I think I may probably have heard that that documentary was crafted by a Celestial Choir hand-picked by Jesus Christ and Buddha.

So there is that.

IMHO
The real "deep state" is the super rich and their organizations, esp the international bankers. "deep state" as they see must involve vague people with shadows over their face and menacing voices.

So there is that.

IMHO
I was a poli-sci major at Uni.

I know exactly what it is I am talking about, and have been researching it for over a decade. Hell, Ike talked about it at his farewell address.

I am not. "puzzled, perplexed, don't understand, or are just plain un-informed." It is you who are in denial about what is going in in the system.

Here. . here is these same foundations funding and elite journalists EXPLAINING the danger. .. .

because, you know what? The Deep State is not a monolith, there are competing interests within it.

You should put aside your skepticism and infom your self about the dangers to the public, instead of just making light of a serious issue.

I was a poli-sci major at Uni.

I know exactly what it is I am talking about, and have been researching it for over a decade. Hell, Ike talked about it at his farewell address.

I am not. "puzzled, perplexed, don't understand, or are just plain un-informed." It is you who are in denial about what is going in in the system.

Here. . here is these same foundations funding and elite journalists EXPLAINING the danger. .. .

because, you know what? The Deep State is not a monolith, there are competing interests within it.

You should put aside your skepticism and infom your self about the dangers to the public, instead of just making light of a serious issue.

Ike mentioned millitary industrial complex. How do you define the deepstate?

We might be closer to getting justice.

---BREAKING: Arizona Attorney General Opens Investigation Into County Noncompliance With LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE SUBPOENAS---

As long as we are discussing January 6th, and the fallout from that Capitol invasion and the violent assaults on our uniformed police, well, there was an interesting article in this morning's Politico (ps...it is free, you can google it in a microsecond):

"Judge suggests feds are too lenient toward Jan. 6 defendants"

The chief judge of the federal court in Washington raised questions about why pleading guilty to a misdemeanor ....... Judge Beryl Howell.... suggested Monday that federal prosecutors were being too lenient in their handling of cases stemming from the storming of the U.S. Capitol as lawmakers were convening on Jan. 6 to certify Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential race.
Cases where defendants posted on social media about trying to stop the vote have generally produced more serious charges, while those lacking such evidence seem to have been treated more leniently, even if the acts allegedly committed were similar.

Yet, Howell didn’t seem to be buying it, and repeatedly suggested it could be inferred that those who entered the Capitol were not just there on a lark.

O’Connor, the prosecutor, concurred.

“Contextually, we agree with you that’s apparent,” he said, before insisting that the government needed more evidence of intent in each case than just entry into the building.

At previous hearings in other cases, Howell has suggested that charges against some Jan. 6 defendants might understate the gravity of their actions because the chaos they contributed diverted police from more threatening members of the crowd. Howell has also questioned other decisions by prosecutors in the riot-related cases, such as the government’s failure to challenge an appeals court ruling that made it harder to detain non-violent defendants."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum List

Back