Pass this Bill!!

A distillation (after eliminating all the ums, errs, ahs, duh's, etc..) of Obama's campaign speech to the joint session of congress. I think he really wants Congress to pass the jobs bill.....:lol::lol:(it's worth the click- it's only 45 seconds)

In Obama's Jobs Speech, How Many Times Did He Say 'Pass the Bill'? -- VIDEO - Theresa Poulson - NationalJournal.com

I counted 15 am I right?

BTW dis you notice what an angry strident speaker he was in this lecture?

You're damn right he's angry! He sees his reign ending, and the perks of the job end too....:lol:

A distillation (after eliminating all the ums, errs, ahs, duh's, etc..) of Obama's campaign speech to the joint session of congress. I think he really wants Congress to pass the jobs bill.....:lol::lol:(it's worth the click- it's only 45 seconds)

In Obama's Jobs Speech, How Many Times Did He Say 'Pass the Bill'? -- VIDEO - Theresa Poulson - NationalJournal.com

I counted 15 am I right?

You're damn right he's angry! He sees his reign ending, and the perks of the job end too....:lol:

It's going to be a bitterly run campaign if Hoffa's; Maxine Water's; and Andre Carson's angry rhetoric is any indicator. The liberal's come across like they are out for blood.

I agree. Obama really wants the bill passed, however he's politician and a realist. He knows that a Republican controlled House is not going to pass the whole bill. If they pass anything it will be some tax cuts. The Republicans most powerful argument against Obama is his inability to bring unemployment down to more acceptable levels. Republicans are certainly not about to take a chance on this bill cutting unemployment in 2012.

Obama made it clear in the speech that he will carry his message asking for support of the bill to every corner of the country, translated he's going to paint Republicans as obstructionist with no plan to solve the unemployment problem.

I agree. Obama really wants the bill passed, however he's politician and a realist. He knows that a Republican controlled House is not going to pass the whole bill. If they pass anything it will be some tax cuts. The Republicans most powerful argument against Obama is his inability to bring unemployment down to more acceptable levels. Republicans are certainly not about to take a chance on this bill cutting unemployment in 2012.

Obama made it clear in the speech that he will carry his message asking for support of the bill to every corner of the country, translated he's going to paint Republicans as obstructionist with no plan to solve the unemployment problem.
There is no bill, you zombie fluffer.

Obama's unwritten "plan" is DOA because it has already been tried and failed. It was called "shovel ready" and "stimulus". It failed to do what was promised and Obama spent all of his political capital to get it passed. I think he's going to have a difficult time getting voters to believe that somehow "it's different this time".......:lol:

:lmao:

:suck:

:lol:

I counted 15 am I right?

Maybe..if you all had a reasonable candidate. With Perry in the lead it shows how pitiful you all are.

Obama's unwritten "plan" is DOA because it has already been tried and failed. It was called "shovel ready" and "stimulus". It failed to do what was promised and Obama spent all of his political capital to get it passed. I think he's going to have a difficult time getting voters to believe that somehow "it's different this time".......:lol:

Actually he is still more credible than Congress. Wasn't Congress recently polled in single digits?

The bill is called the American Job Act and it is scheduled to be introduced in the House next week.

The bill is called the American Job Act and it is scheduled to be introduced in the House next week.

Now now let us not let a good technicality interfere with spin.

So what you're basically saying is that Barack Obama proposed a watered down version of the same stimulus bill that didn't bring about long term job creation last time...as it wasted a trillion dollars that we had to borrow...a watered down version that he KNOWS the Republicans won't pass because they refuse to waste half a trillion on the same failed plan...and he's done this with the intention of painting the Republicans as obstructionists as he's running for reelection? That about sum it up?

But it's the Republicans that are the ones with no plan to solve unemployment? It amazes me how your mind works, my friend.

Gee, Flopper...is it just me, or was the time to introduce the bill during the Joint Session of Congress in which Obama wasted everyone's time by repeating 15 times that we needed to pass a bill IMMEDIATELY that nobody's seen yet, with the cost "paid for" by spending cuts the specifics of which nobody's seen either?

Look if you're going to call the Congress into a Joint Session and get major network coverage for a speech on a "plan"...don't you think it would make sense to actually PRESENT the plan? If you can't then why the heck bother to convene the Joint Session in the first place? That was nothing but a stump speech...you admitted as much in your post. You want to talk about being disrespectful of a venue? Giving THAT speech was disrespectful to both Congress and the American people.

I am sure it got his base all fired up. However I don't think the Independents who have grown tired of him, after supporting him. Were impressed.

The Audacity to ask for a Joint session of congress to deliver what was so clearly a Partisan Campaign Speech, and a Dog and Pony show meant to give Obama something to campaign on.

Look see after all this time I finally came up with a jobs Bill, and the Republicans would not pass it. Better Re-elect me so I can keep sending them Massive spending bills, and telling them to Raise taxes on the Rich to pay for them, and they can keep telling me no!

Yes, I can't...........Lead....All, I uhhh, uuuh Can doo,, Is uhhhh, uhhh, Point Fingers and Play Partisan Games. I told you I would make you hope for Change, errr I mean Bring Hope and change.

He did live up to one Promise. He is Transparent. I can see right through him.

Actually he is still more credible than Congress. Wasn't Congress recently polled in single digits?

Interesting tidbit about that. When pollsters ask people to rate "Congress" they give the legislature a very low rating- an average of around 35% since these types of polls were started. Immediately after 9/11 they polled extremely high at 84%- that lasted a while and soon after they fell back below 40% - where they belong. They are now down around 18%- comparable to 1979 (another period of economic challenges) So comparing "Congress" to the "President" is not really a good metric.

s7pyxwkvskssjtqfjk4kxw.gif

PS- when asked about their own Congressmen, the ratings go way up.

Gee, Flopper...is it just me, or was the time to introduce the bill during the Joint Session of Congress in which Obama wasted everyone's time by repeating 15 times that we needed to pass a bill IMMEDIATELY that nobody's seen yet, with the cost "paid for" by spending cuts the specifics of which nobody's seen either?

Look if you're going to call the Congress into a Joint Session and get major network coverage for a speech on a "plan"...don't you think it would make sense to actually PRESENT the plan? If you can't then why the heck bother to convene the Joint Session in the first place? That was nothing but a stump speech...you admitted as much in your post. You want to talk about being disrespectful of a venue? Giving THAT speech was disrespectful to both Congress and the American people.
Disrespected Congress? They've done that all by themselves, but that's not the point. The president was not introducing a bill to Congress. Only members of Congress can do that. The president outlined in general terms his proposal for dealing with the problem. This is what presidents have done many times in the past prior to the introduction of major legislation.

Typically when an administration proposes major legislation, the president will present a case to congress or the nation in very general terms outlining the key points, often laced with fiery rhetoric. The Whitehouse then follows the speech with more details. The bill, which contains the details is introduced by a member of congress. If it's a bill with significant cost, Congress ask the CBO to determine the cost.

What makes this legislation a bit unique is that all sides know in advance the legislation has no chance of passing. Just like the bill the House passed to repeal the Healthcare law, it's a politically statement to be used in the upcoming election. Obama will accuse the Republicans of standing in the way of unemployment reduction and having no plan, which they don't.

I believe the House will eventually past some part of the bill probably the tax incentives for business. Of course it will be too late next year for it to reduce unemployment before the election.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back