Parkland, Florida School Massacre Panel Recommends Allowing Willing And Trained Teachers To Be Armed

Seems like in the last few mass shootings, armed police officers were shot and killed.

So tell me again, if you arm more people, fewer people will die?

Or is it, more armed police and fewer people will die?

To me, it's seems obvious that if there were fewer guns, fewer people would be shot.

But Republican logic says that's not true. Course, their idea of "safe" is arm everyone in a crowded and dark theater. Now that's safety.

s0n....most people dont think like you. Like any good progressive, on matters of practicality, you set the bar waaaaaaaaaaay high. Conservative thinking simply seeks the best possible solution while acknowledging that there are indeed tradeoffs, as there is with anything in life. Doy

All progressive thinking in matters if public policy center around emotion and good intentions....results an afterthought, thus the bumper sticker.

Somehow along the way, progressives missed the memo.....you cant shine shit. It has cost many lives....and there are dead people walking this very moment because we have mental cases like Dean floating around out there.

It's such a no- brainer.....duh.

Any teacher who doesnt embrace it should be dismissed due to sheer st00pidity! Who wants st00pid teachers in our schools?

The State of Colorado passed a bill that allowed Teachers to be armed. The Teachers Association turned down the offer. A compromise was reached whereas trained, armed security would be used instead along with secure gates, lockdown corridors and a few other things and training in the event of an armed intruder. The Teachers job became isolating the students to a place where the shooter did not have any access to. So the Shooter just took out all the armed Security types. Now he is wandering around in what is essentially an empty building. He's there to kill students but no students to be had. He is also there to commit suicide so he just as well get it over with. While he is working on that delimia, here comes the cops armed at least as well as he is and in large numbers. He is about to fulfill half of his wishes, his suicide.
South Dakota Attorney General

Armed Security Guard did not take on an AR-15

Why should a teacher?
Lol
An ar15 is just a sporting rifle... so Shut the fuck up you moron

Or what, you going to shoot me?
Na, I’m not Violent unlike progressives.
Anyway, ARs are just sporting rifles... just the facts

Yah, I shot one for over 20 years. Great Sporting Rifle. Did you know that Varmints wore black pajamas?

There was a licensed, trained and armed officer on campus

It did not help
Who hid. Put a few Vets in schools and that shit wouldn't happen. I'm betting most of them would volunteer.
Hilarious. Republicans don’t even want to help Vietnam veterans at all. They don’t want them to have food stamps, they don’t want to have medical care, they just don’t want to help them. But now they wanna put guns in their hands and have them go to guard their kids? That is so weird. Try to figure out why.
Republicans call teachers who were trying to get a raise dirty names. And they wanna arm them here watch my kids? Just doesn’t make sense.

Hilarious. Republicans don’t even want to help Vietnam veterans at all. They don’t want them to have food stamps, they don’t want to have medical care, they just don’t want to help them. But now they wanna put guns in their hands and have them go to guard their kids? That is so weird. Try to figure out why.
Republicans call teachers who were trying to get a raise dirty names. And they wanna arm them here watch my kids? Just doesn’t make sense.
Vietnam veterans get plenty of foodstamps, and plenty of medical care from the VA.

Do you have children?
London does not have a gun culture.

Yet the London homicide rate exceeds gun filled NYC.

Gun filled NYC?

What badweather doesn't know is that for Large Metro Cities, NYC has the lowest Violent Gun Crime rate in the World. NYC has worked hard as a community to get a handle on it in the last 10 years. And businesses are noticing. Businesses like Amazon picking a NYC Burrough for their new major Distribution Center where they are going to hire 40,000 local workers and pay an average of over 40K per worker. If you bring back the jobs, the crime rate goes down. NYC is a prime example of that.

No....they had Guilliani and his police chief locking up criminals....they are still using his tactics today...see, the thing is..when you focus on law abiding gun owners, the gun crime rate doesn't go down...when you actually arrest, and lock up violent gun criminals...the crime rate goes down.
Exactly. Broken window theory works. Prosecute petty crime criminals you catch to the fullest because they’re also the ones committing the felons.
That’s what I say about Trump

you oughta see or hear or READ about what TEACHERS do with tender young students . And in most cases teachers have good hours , good vacations , good perks and teachers don't deserve a raise of Taxpayer paid monies DeanRD .

and 'vietnam' vets are getting pretty long in the tooth [or OLD] . Therefore I think that the job of guarding Public Schools would probably be taken by jobless younger guys returning from Current War in the middle east DeanRD ???

and think about it but a retired Marine or Army Veteran all dressed for a day of School Duty , all Polished and Pressed and walking the Halls with an AR15 and with a sidearm on the hip is likely to impress young students and might get the young students interested in guns and shooting which would be a good thing DeanRD . :afro:

Last edited:
Works well in every other country.
Countries much smaller than ours?
When was the last school shooting in China? UK? Japan? Germany?
Countries with a different culture and much smaller?
Yes they don’t have our gun culture.
Or many other rights that make this country great.

Freedom is messy and dangerous. People are free to make dumb decisions, and often do.

When you give up freedom for security, you usually end up with neither.

------------------------------------- they have Mass Knifings in 'china' Brian . --- Knifeman kills nine students in China --- check it out Brian .
How many killed each year?
------------------------don't know and don't care . How many mass shootings and how many dead in mass shootings are there in the USA are there in the USA each year Brian .
They happen all the time.... our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control.
Blame that on democrat controlled cities like Chicago, where guns are basically banned.
They get their guns from places with weak
Laws.

And those places with weak laws don't have the gun violence problems the places with strong laws have.

It did not help
More! They need MORE!

Or one or two that were not cowards

That is the way it works

If you are not dead charging an AR 15 you must be a coward

Will armed teachers be cowards?

If they are the last line of defense for a bunch of terrified kids hiding in a room, I want them to have adequate means of stopping a shooter coming through the door. It sounds like you'd rather they have nothing more effective than watching the children be slaughtered.

It did not help
More! They need MORE!

Or one or two that were not cowards

That is the way it works

If you are not dead charging an AR 15 you must be a coward

Will armed teachers be cowards?
-------------------------------------------- for example , the Broward County ' deputy' was a coward dreaming dreams of Retirement RWinger . --------------- just a comment !!
He was undermanned and under armed to confront an active shooter with an AR 15

In that case, it sounds like we need MORE firepower in schools, not less. Would we insist that the police use handguns against street gangs armed with high powered rifles?

Seems like in the last few mass shootings, armed police officers were shot and killed.

So tell me again, if you arm more people, fewer people will die?

Or is it, more armed police and fewer people will die?

To me, it's seems obvious that if there were fewer guns, fewer people would be shot.

But Republican logic says that's not true. Course, their idea of "safe" is arm everyone in a crowded and dark theater. Now that's safety.

And your false logic is just that...false. As soon as the police arrived the shooters committed suicide, surrendered or ran away, if the police didn't shoot them first. Armed citizens on the site of mass public shootings have a 94% success rate at stopping mass shooters or limiting the number of killed....

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

Let me see: If the school employees have guns, someone MIGHT get hurt.

If the school employees don't have guns, more people will DEFINITELY get hurt.

Which one would I prefer? Hmmmm.

You’ve convinced yourself by using bullshit.

Try again.

Oh, WELL, if YOU just say it's wrong, I'll get right on . . . not valuing it in the slightest.

Prove me wrong, Chuckles, because your opinion by itself is like a taco fart in a wind tunnel.

Forum List

Back