Armed Teachers...

So what do you propose we do given that you are NOT at zero and we DO have laws.

Sounds like you have a pretty serious problem.
Why? Because some crazy person decided to commit a horrific one off crime. I hear that gun violence is out of control. Funny thing is that I've never personally witnessed any of this out of control gun violence. Have you?

I'd take yours away from you. Just based on IQ testing alone.
I am 100% certain that you wouldn't. You aren't the type of person who actually produces results. You have an external locus of control. Fortune 500 companies have interviewing techniques specifically designed to weed out people like you.

You're the one who says they already have a proposal.

So you got nothing? You are excused from the conversation then.

What's this mythical proposal then?

Read.

Given your posts I'd say you shouldn't be too cocky about IQ scores.

I've interacted with that poster before.

I guess your claim that you aren't out to take away people's guns is just so much BS.

I honestly don't care one way or the other what happens to you and your guns. I hope they get taken (especially from the choads on THIS forum) but I'm willing just to have much more oversight.

So you got nothing?
I'm not the one who talked about "restricting" and then refused to explain what that means.

You are excused from the conversation then.
I am still here, and am still waiting for an explanation of what "restricting" means.

You have to post what it means before I can read about it.

I hope they get taken (especially from the choads on THIS forum)
All progressives are like that. The only real reason for gun control is because progressives think it is fun to violate people's civil liberties.

but I'm willing just to have much more oversight.
I'm guessing you also wont explain what "much more oversight" means.

Why? Because some crazy person decided to commit a horrific one off crime. I hear that gun violence is out of control. Funny thing is that I've never personally witnessed any of this out of control gun violence. Have you?

Actually I haven't. Which is kind of why I am dubious about the MANY posters on here who claim they need guns for "self defense".

Somehow America is a crime-infested gang-battleground requiring we all be armed and vigilant while simultaneously also the greatests most freeest bestest country on earth for all living creatures.

In all seriousness this is where I sit with respect to guns. Guns are a great tool. Hunting is a legitimate and valuable sport and there's even a role for guns in self-defense. The key is that there is no real need for us to have so many guns that literally every man, woman and child can have a gun maybe 2. That's the problem. We've developed a fucked up relationship with guns in no small part because some gun enthusiasts spend all day screaming about the horrors of OTHER PEOPLE and our society has decided that the ONLY way to solve ANY conflict is with a gun that we've become pathological with regards to guns.

We actually could be a fine country with people having access to guns. But we could do with a LOT more oversight of those guns. And it should be a bit harder to get guns. Maybe even a lot harder.

We have to do a reset with our relationship to guns.

Now I also know a lot of folks on here see nothing wrong with living in abject terror and carrying a loaded gun all the time. I disagree. That isn't the country we should want.

That's a lie. You care a great deal. So much so that it clouds your ability to reason.

No, you misunderstand: I don't care if someone takes your guns from you or puts you on a watch list because of your guns. I would actually be fine with that.

The key is that you don't actually matter at all in any of this. Your "opinion" on guns is noted and your lack of any real meaningful way to address the gun violence in our country is noted and as such you are no longer an integral part of the conversation of what happens to your guns.

All progressives are like that. The only real reason for gun control is because progressives think it is fun to violate people's civil liberties.

Uh huh. (Well, YOURS specifically)
I'm guessing you also wont explain what "much more oversight" means.

Registry for all guns/owners in any given town.
Re-apply for registration and license for your gun every single year along with a mental health check (mandatory)
Much more difficult to purchase guns (limits on how many guns someone can purchase over a period of time, limits on ammunition, longer background check time)
Mandatory gun safety training every few years
Close the boyfriend loophole and other domestic violence loopholes that might exist
Eliminate open and concealed carry outright
Added surcharge to each gun and ammo purchase to go toward a national mental health program for improved access

Much more difficult to purchase guns (limits on how many guns someone can purchase over a period of time, limits on ammunition, longer background check time)
Eliminate open and concealed carry outright
These two are outright unconstitutional.

Registry for all guns/owners in any given town.
Re-apply for registration and license for your gun every single year along with a mental health check (mandatory)
The left's abuse of registration lists means that the American people will never allow it.

Added surcharge to each gun and ammo purchase to go toward a national mental health program for improved access
If we're going to tax rights, we should start by taxing the right to vote.

Let's tax the right to a speedy trial too. And definitely tax abortions.

Mandatory gun safety training every few years
That's one that you could probably get people to agree to.

But before we pass any new gun laws, progressives should really pay reparations for all the times they deliberately violated people's civil liberties for no reason.

Close the boyfriend loophole and other domestic violence loopholes that might exist
That's another that you might get people to agree to as long as there are suitable protections against false accusations.

Actually I haven't. Which is kind of why I am dubious about the MANY posters on here who claim they need guns for "self defense".
You don't get it. Free people don't have to need guns. We have the right to have them regardless of need.

If we choose to carry guns for self defense, that is our right.

In all seriousness this is where I sit with respect to guns. Guns are a great tool. Hunting is a legitimate and valuable sport and there's even a role for guns in self-defense. The key is that there is no real need for us to have so many guns that literally every man, woman and child can have a gun maybe 2.
There doesn't have to be a need. If someone chooses to have 50 guns, that is their choice.

And it should be a bit harder to get guns. Maybe even a lot harder.
Unconstitutional.

We have to do a reset with our relationship to guns.
No we don't.

Now I also know a lot of folks on here see nothing wrong with living in abject terror and carrying a loaded gun all the time. I disagree. That isn't the country we should want.
People who carry guns are not living in abject terror.

No, you misunderstand: I don't care if someone takes your guns from you or puts you on a watch list because of your guns. I would actually be fine with that.
Gun control is always about violating people's civil liberties.

It's never about saving lives.

The key is that you don't actually matter at all in any of this. Your "opinion" on guns is noted and your lack of any real meaningful way to address the gun violence in our country is noted and as such you are no longer an integral part of the conversation of what happens to your guns.
That is incorrect. America is a democracy. We all have a say in preventing you from violating our civil liberties.

These two are outright unconstitutional.

That can be changed.

The left's abuse of registration lists means that the American people will never allow it.

Just like with cars, eh? (Remember, cars are easily used to conduct mass killings too!)

If we're going to tax rights, we should start by taxing the right to vote.

You already pay surchages on your gun purchases that go to hunting organizations. I don't see you guys losing it over THAT.

But before we pass any new gun laws, progressives should really pay reparations for all the times they deliberately violated people's civil liberties for no reason.

Why so much hatred for folks who disagree with you? Do you see why it is troubling to see people blather on non-stop about how much they neeeeeeeed guns and also see how much UNDYING HATRED they also have for people who disagree with them?

Do you see how that looks like an analogue to any given mass shooters' psychology? Angry at some nebulous "other" and packin' heat.

That can be changed.
It won't be changed. America is not going to abolish our freedom.

Just like with cars, eh?
I am not aware of progressives having a history of abusing car registration. Should such a history come to pass, people will begin opposing car registration as well.

Why so much hatred for folks who disagree with you?
Requiring you to pay damages for your atrocities is not hatred. If you didn't want to pay damages for atrocities, then you shouldn't have committed atrocities.

Do you see why it is troubling to see people blather on non-stop about how much they neeeeeeeed guns and also see how much UNDYING HATRED they also have for people who disagree with them?
It is the left who tend to hate people who disagree with them.

It is also the left who tend to blather about need. Free people have guns because we choose to have them.

Forum List

Back