Oregon First State to Impose Per Mile Road Tax

The Prius, hybrid, electric car people are going to be pissed. That's government for you though. They tax and spend like crazy, pass draconian mileage laws and then realize it lowers their income too much so they have to tax even more.

In other words, you pay for what you use, and the libertarians piss their panties.

I have no problem with the mileage tax, over the fuel tax but we know that won't happen and both will increase.

I'm not sure Oregon could tax for miles that are in another state. How would that work?

Long known that to vote for a Democrat is to vote for an increase in existing taxes and creation of new taxes.

Oregonians knew, or should have known, what they were bringing on themselves. Now they have no choice but to suck it up. Until the next elections, of course, at which time they'll demonstrate their approval and bend a little deeper.

step-2-ankle-grab.jpg

Last edited:
That dumbass old rocks was just saying that Eugene and Portland paid for all the roads in Eastern Oregon...by way of justifying the land grabs and water theft that they foist upon us.

Per usual, he's an elitist douchebag...and wrong besides.

Gasoline tax revenues are shrinking and road construction and maintenance costs continually rise. Pa. let their roads and bridges go to shit and it was the business interests who screamed the loudest for new revenues including taxes on themselves. Jeezus! Have a third grader explain it to you. They don`t cry nearly as much.
States move closer to taxing you by how far you drive - CBS News
Seems like you cry quite a bit.
Me? Who started the whining thread about Oregon`s tax? Jeezus! This is Jr. High Economics.

Gasoline tax revenues are shrinking and road construction and maintenance costs continually rise. Pa. let their roads and bridges go to shit and it was the business interests who screamed the loudest for new revenues including taxes on themselves. Jeezus! Have a third grader explain it to you. They don`t cry nearly as much.
Seems like you cry quite a bit.
Me? Who started the whining thread about Oregon`s tax? Jeezus! This is Jr. High Economics.

I was stating facts, the move hurts the green energy movement. As long as they cut the fuel tax like many claim, I don't see a difference, however it will hurt the green movement. The other side, I believe that most states will keep the fuel tax.

Gas taxes already tax on the basis of how far you drive; it takes more gas to drive more. Duh. If there is less gas tax revenue then that means the roads are being used less which means they should not be in such disrepair. This is all another gov scam to recoup losses in their slush funds.

Didn't you know this was going to happen when fuel efficient and electric cars went on the road? Less gas used. Less taxes received. The shortfall has to be made up someplace. A fuel tax on gasoline and a per mile tax to get the efficient cars. Pay tax twice for the same thing.

I have no problem with the mileage tax, over the fuel tax but we know that won't happen and both will increase.

I'm not sure Oregon could tax for miles that are in another state. How would that work?
Can't, for it would be an interstate commerce issue. But the tax form can be changed to separate the two columns, the in state taxable.

Didn't you know this was going to happen when fuel efficient and electric cars went on the road? Less gas used. Less taxes received. The shortfall has to be made up someplace. A fuel tax on gasoline and a per mile tax to get the efficient cars. Pay tax twice for the same thing.
Let's tax those electric cars by the mile. They've been avoiding the gas tax but still use the roads. They need to pay their fair share.

Oregon Becomes First State to Impose Per-Mile Road Tax The Gateway Pundit

There you go, the government's desire for green energy fall to the government's desire to take your money.
Damn! I always thought highway and bridge maintenance should be free.

LOL Democrats can tax anything....soon they'll come up with a breathing tax
That's a carbon tax.

You'll only be allowed a set number of breaths per week. Abuse will be punished severely.

Methane emissions are a different story. Unauthorized farting will be punishable by death!!!

No more Mexican food.

Forum List

Back