"One Party Rule"

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

If so, which one of those three would you be fine having the Democrats running?

Please explain why you're pointing at this as a bad thing.
The American electorate, as an expression of democratic self-governance, chose to dump trumpery at its first opportunity as well as accordant Republican control of the House and Senate.

The Cry Baby Sore Loser's trifecta was not indicative of a public yearning for one, two, or three party sovereignty, but was a pragmatic assessment of the performance of the incumbents vs the promise of the alternative.

Just because the electorate places one Party in control of the executive, senate, and house does not mean it is embracing single-party dominion. It is a pragmatic judgment that does not eliminate an option but, rather, insists upon it.

No political party can be impervious to the will of the People as long as the People have an alternative and the vote of the People is not suppressed.

Incumbency does not confer tenure, and all individuals elected, regardless of having a "D" or and "R" after their name, are on permanent probation.

But the real question is when the Never Trumpers are going to present an alternative, and push for the GOP to nominate General Powell, Liz Cheney or someone else who will be able to run and finish respectfully?
The never Trumpsters have no chance right now. None.

The GQP civil war lasted about 7 minutes. Trumpism won. Everyone else is on the outside, hopelessly looking in.

The only option the never trumpers have is to ether start a new party or vote democratic.

They are basically where I have been since the 80s.

The republicans have gotten so bad, I now haven't been able to vote my conscience since the 90s.

Any vote that's not a democratic vote elects a republican and they have shown over and over again that while democrats suck, they are much better than republicans.

I have put my nation, my children and the future before my conscience and have voted mostly democratic since the bush boy years.

I wish that I could vote my conscience without it electing republicans.

Single party rule is bad because it does away with the need for consensus.

When the republicans filibuster almost every piece of legislation that will help our nation, how can there be a consensus?

When republicans come out to say they will work hard to make Biden a half term president, how can there be a consensus?

When republicans happily and proudly announce they will not vote for or work with Democrats on all legislation, how can there be consensus?

No one can work with people who refuse to work with you.

There can't be consensus when one party refuses to compromise or work with the other party.

The Democrats did the same thing when Trump was our President.

Refused to fund the wall, refused to pass Trump's health care plan which would have provide tremendous healthcare at unbelievable savings, didn't provide a single vote to resurrect the economy with Trump's taxcut plan.

Not a single Dem reached across the aisle.

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

No it does not. 2-3 party rule will always be preferable to the election rigging fascist "democrats" who are pushing for one party rule and have been since the 60s.

I know that, but it sure seems to me like both parties would like absolutely as much power as possible.

It's not like we hear a lot of talk about moderation or collaboration.

Please tell me how to talk moderation and collaboration with people who believe all the trump lies and that trump actually won the 2020 election?

Seriously here, we aren't dealing with people who have a grasp of reality. Nor do they give a damn about our nation and people.

Last edited:

The American electorate, as an expression of democratic self-governance, chose to dump trumpery at its first opportunity as well as accordant Republican control of the House and Senate.

The Cry Baby Sore Loser's trifecta was not indicative of a public yearning for one, two, or three party sovereignty, but was a pragmatic assessment of the performance of the incumbents vs the promise of the alternative.

Just because the electorate places one Party in control of the executive, senate, and house does not mean it is embracing single-party dominion. It is a pragmatic judgment that does not eliminate an option but, rather, insists upon it.

No political party can be impervious to the will of the People as long as the People have an alternative and the vote of the People is not suppressed.

Incumbency does not confer tenure, and all individuals elected, regardless of having a "D" or and "R" after their name, are on permanent probation.

But the real question is when the Never Trumpers are going to present an alternative, and push for the GOP to nominate General Powell, Liz Cheney or someone else who will be able to run and finish respectfully?

The GQP civil war lasted about 7 minutes. Trumpism won. Everyone else is on the outside, hopelessly looking in.

The only option the never trumpers have is to ether start a new party or vote democratic.

The republicans have gotten so bad, I now haven't been able to vote my conscience since the 90s.

Any vote that's not a democratic vote elects a republican and they have shown over and over again that while democrats suck, they are much better than republicans.

I have put my nation, my children and the future before my conscience and have voted mostly democratic since the bush boy years.

Yeah. The two "major" choices right now are simply BAD, and increasing polarization is just making it all worse.

From what I'm reading, it seems like about 40% of the never Trumpers want to rip the scab off and vote either Democrat or for some sacrificial lamb they toss out. The rest seem to think they can save the party from within. I just don't see it, but obviously they're closer to that stuff than I am.

Please tell me how to talk moderation and collaboration with people who believe all the trump lies and that trump actually won the 2020 election?
Seriously here, we aren't dealing with people who have a grasp of reality. Nor do they give a damn about our nation and people.
Seems to me that the first step on most issues that we face is for each end to raise its standards and expectations of their own tribe.

I'd think that begins with marginalizing the flamethrowers, those who do nothing but attack, and replace them with people who at least have the ability to act with reason and rationality.

That would be Step One - accountability. That would at least make it easier for some kind of momentum to be created.

But what I'm after most of all is innovation, the creation of new ideas,
Can you tell us one of your brave new ideas?
Or is it a secret that only biden voters are supposed to know?
In the link at the end of the second line of my sig you will find my absolutely original ideas on taxation, health care and unions.

In the link in the third line of my sig you will find my absolutely original idea on immigration, trade and the drug war.

In the link in the fifth line of my sig you will find a combination of opinions on race that are voiced by virtually no one.

You sure as hell can't claim that. You lack the capacity to understand this, but you are completely out of your league here.

Yeah. The two "major" choices right now are simply BAD, and increasing polarization is just making it all worse.

From what I'm reading, it seems like about 40% of the never Trumpers want to rip the scab off and vote either Democrat or for some sacrificial lamb they toss out. The rest seem to think they can save the party from within. I just don't see it, but obviously they're closer to that stuff than I am.

The NeverTrumpers need to concentrate on getting rid of the base- that's the only part of the GOP that opposes them. Once the 75 million Little Trumpsters realize that they have no say in the Republican Party, they'll leave.

Then they'll be able to nominate Mitt again, or perhaps Gen. Powell, or someone else who is respectable and won't embarrass them.

When the republicans filibuster almost every piece of legislation that will help our nation, how can there be a consensus?

When republicans come out to say they will work hard to make Biden a half term president, how can there be a consensus?

When republicans happily and proudly announce they will not vote for or work with Democrats on all legislation, how can there be consensus?

No one can work with people who refuse to work with you.

There can't be consensus when one party refuses to compromise or work with the other party.

I think you misconstrue what I mean by consensus. I don't mean cooperation or collaboration. I don't mean political "horse trading". I mean that there's broad support for the legislation - support that crosses party lines. Good legislation is filibuster proof because those who vote against it will pay a price. If they pay no price, if their constituency supports them blocking the bill, then it shouldn't become law.

Seems to me that the first step on most issues that we face is for each end to raise its standards and expectations of their own tribe.

I'd think that begins with marginalizing the flamethrowers, those who do nothing but attack, and replace them with people who at least have the ability to act with reason and rationality.

That would be Step One - accountability. That would at least make it easier for some kind of momentum to be created.
Your opinions on race as expressed in #5 are laughable

All you do is bash everyone else as being radical without expressing your own views

Whites who object to being called racists by lib liars like you are not knuckle draggers

It probably takes you days to express an original thought on anything because you have to steal it from some other lib first

All you do is bash everyone else as being radical without expressing your own views

Whites who object to being called racists by lib liars like you are not knuckle draggers

It probably takes you days to express an original thought on anything because you have to steal it from some other lib first
:itsok:

:itsok:
Mac1958 is speechless again

Maybe a sympathetic lib here will help him out

I prefer checks and balances
That’s nice sixth grade civics material, but checks and balances don’t exist and haven’t for a long time.
In your deranged world that is true. At a the local town level they certainly do exist and work well.
I certainly wasn’t speaking of local governments, as you well know.
And hence they can exist on the federal level if the people actually voted correctly.
Lol. Voted correctly. Oh brother. You mean vote R and vote for dumb Don. Oh please.
I mean voted for people who aren't career politicians, regardless of party. No one in their right mind should vote for Liz Warren or AOC.
How has that worked out for you?

That’s nice sixth grade civics material, but checks and balances don’t exist and haven’t for a long time.
In your deranged world that is true. At a the local town level they certainly do exist and work well.
And hence they can exist on the federal level if the people actually voted correctly.
Lol. Voted correctly. Oh brother. You mean vote R and vote for dumb Don. Oh please.
I mean voted for people who aren't career politicians, regardless of party. No one in their right mind should vote for Liz Warren or AOC.
So far it hasn’t

So far it hasn’t
It never will.

It's called projection OP, they don't mean it, well it only applies to Democrats,because that's the only time these sniveling little insects ever brandish that insipid phrase.

More #badfaith hyper-partisan rhetoric from the ridiculous right.

That's all that is.

So far it hasn’t
It never will.
I hope you are wrong

So far it hasn’t
It never will.
I hope you are wrong
Me too, but history proves me right.

Forum List

Back