One Of The Wealthiest Men In America Says Rich Not Paying Their Fair Share

Warren Buffett says the super-rich pay lower tax rates than others

It's not often you see someone stand up and say, "Tax me more!"

Yet that's just what famed investor Warren Buffett has done in an op-ed in the New York Times headlined, "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich." Buffett says that very wealthy people like himself pay lower tax rates than the middle class, thanks to special tax categories for investment income.

The part Buffet didn't mention is that not only payroll taxes the poorest of the poor pay a much higher percentage of their income than others. When every kind of local tax, fee, registration charge, license and other government and normal living required costs are added the rich are getting off and making out like a bandit when observed as a percentage of their total.

For example in Tennessee there is a state sales tax and in the county where I live there's also a local retail tax on everything one purchases. A poor bastard earning $30,000 a year pays the same gasoline tax as a millionaire and if one looks closely there's another form of taxation or fee being charged every time the poor man/woman opens his/her billfold/purse.

Warren buffet is free to write a big fat fucking check to the US Treasury if he thinks he should pay more taxes
You might want to ask why his company has been fighting with the IRS for years over back taxes

Report: Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
So you prefer a five-year-old partisan speculative source rather than a more recent objective professional accounting source detailing the resolution of the dispute. How convenient for your agenda spin.

It's well known that Buffet has been fighting the IRS over taxes for years

If he thinks he should pay more then why not just fucking pay it instead of wasting taxpayer money fighting it?

He is a fucking hypocrite.
The fighting and tax disputes are with the company he owns controlling shares in, Berkshire. He is notoriously frugal and collects a pay from the company of $100,000 per year. He lives in his the house he bought for 31,500 in Omaha in 1958. He has given over 37 billion away in charity donations over the years and has willed almost his entire wealth to charity upon his death.
You guys are going after the wrong rich guy. The guy is an eccentric that gives his money away like no other rich guy. Imagine having all that money to draw upon and living in your 50-year-old little house you bought for $31,500.

So fucking what?

If he thinks he should pay more in taxes then he should raise his fucking salary to 100 million a year and pay up

He's a fucking hypocrite

I good ole Warren doesn't think he is paying his "fair share" then all he has to do is send the IRS more money each year. With about $30 billion he can afford to put his money where his mouth is.

Since he won't do that then he is a hypocritical assholes and his opinion ain't worth shit.

Since his opinion is no more valid than mine my opinion is that all Americans pay too munch in taxes because this filthy ass out of control debt ridden corrupt oppressive government spends far too much money.

Strange you would mention that. Bill Clinton raised taxes and balanced the budget......actually left a surplus. The problem the Republicans have is that they cut tax rates and borrow trillions from foreign banks and never cut their spending a goddam dime. They effectively borrow money from foreign banks and hand it directly to the richest people in the country.
Wake up dude...Obabble has been in charge the last eight years.

Yeah....but here's where the damage was done:

..............................................Total U S Debt................................................

Figures Easily Verified....Taken From the Bureau of the Debt

US: $18,775,084,981,440 - Debt as of December 2015?

09/30/2014 $17,824,071,380,733.82

09/30/2013 $16,738,183,526,697.32

09/30/2012 $16,066,241,407,385.89

09/30/2011 $14,790,340,328,557.15

09/30/2010 $13,561,623,030,891.79

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48

09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23

09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50

09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62

09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34

09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73

09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39

09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32 (Bill Clinton Raised Taxes On The Rich early 1993)

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38 ( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66

09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03

09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25

09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32

09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16

09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00

09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42

09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00

09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00

09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)(Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

The correct lesson to be learned from history is that the filthy ass government should never spend more money that it takes in. All it does it cause enormous debt because the idiots elected to government of both parities never have an incentive to be fiscally responsible.

It is always better for the fithy ass government not to burden the American people with the cost of government so low taxes is a good thing. It is a bad thing for the filthy ass government to spend more money than it takes in.

It is even more idiotic to blame massive debt on the fact that not enough taxes were collected when the simple solution would not have been to go in debt in the first place.

That is like the crook blaming the woe of being in jail on the fact that he got caught rather than the fact he committed the crime.

The lesson for all of us should be do not voted for anyone in public office that is not committed to real fiscal responsibility. No Democrat and only a very small number of Republicans meet that criteria.

[

Strange you would mention that. Bill Clinton raised taxes and balanced the budget......actually left a surplus. The problem the Republicans have is that they cut tax rates and borrow trillions from foreign banks and never cut their spending a goddam dime. They effectively borrow money from foreign banks and hand it directly to the richest people in the country.

Stranger yet is the myths that are told about this scumbag Clinton. The cumulative national debt was higher when he left office than when he entered as was the size of the Federal government. Government grew under Clinton like it under every President in my life time. Then you have the fact that Clinton cried when the Republicans took over Congress in 1994 and forced a little fiscal responsibility on what would have been a goddamn Libtard disaster.

However, I am not here to say that the Republicans are better than the despicable Democrats. At the end of the day the difference is minimal. They are both parties of big government.

The fact of the matter is that the combined cost of government in this country is about 40% of the GDP. All Americans pay too much in taxes and the problem is runaway spending.

We are not in trouble because we have failed to burden the American people with more taxes. We are in trouble because we spend far too much money on the cost of government that is a tremendous burden on the productive economy. We are in debt almost $20 trillion in debt not because we failed to collect that $20 trillion in taxes. That would have been a disaster for our economy. We are trillions in debt simply because we have spent more money than we took in. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Warren Buffet has created many jobs in this country. He a fucking idiot if he thinks that the corrupt and inefficient government will spend the money in a more advantageous way than he has or any other private sector job creator in this country.

I'd like to have seen an outspoken bastard like you back when Roosevelt was elected to the presidency for a fourth time. Somebody would have hurt you bad.....BAAAAD!!!

[

That's what the federal government does, spends foolishly.
That tax money is not the federal government's to begin with, bed wetter.

That is the problem with these Libtards.

They think all the money that is made in the US should be the property of the collective state and used to even out the playing field. You know, for social justice reason and all that bullshit.

It is called thievery.

Thievery is when someone travels the highways, vacations in Hawaii, flies internationally, takes law enforcement for granted, sends their kids to a private school and thinks they are entitled to do it. That's the best example of thievery in the world. The fact that the party they support starts wars but let somebody else's kids fight it is a no brainer. Fuck all of you dedicated right wingers!!

No lib loon. Theft is the action of taking the property of somebody against their will leaving them with no reasonable alternative. For instance: you are walking down the street one night, and somebody approaches you with a gun asking for all your money. You have two choices: give the thief your money and walk away alive, or get shot and he takes your money anyway.

He is a thief because he took your money against your will and gave you no reasonable alternative.

Example: you are my neighbor and have much more money than I. When you are not home one day, I break into your home and take some of your money that I feel I need. Did I break the law? Of course I did, and I will end up in jail because of it.

When liberal politicians do the exact same thing, not only are they not arrested and charged, they are applauded by their liberal constituents.

Why is one against the law and not the other?

And guess who will create those jobs?

According to the Google search I ran on job creation, it ain't the ultra wealthy who creates most of the jobs.

Small business does a lot of job creation. And small business owners typically are not ultra wealthy.

Who did you think created jobs?

The wealthy. Fool. What does it take to create a super yacht? How many small business owners who manufacture gold faucets for the wealthy employee how many workers?

Or the linens for the yacht? The cuisine for the chef on the yacht? You and others don't understand how wealth makes the world go round.

[Q

I'd like to have seen an outspoken bastard like you back when Roosevelt was elected to the presidency for a fourth time. Somebody would have hurt you bad.....BAAAAD!!!

If anyone was a bastard it was that idiot Roosevelt.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

[

They think all the money that is made in the US should be the property of the collective state and used to even out the playing field. You know, for social justice reason and all that bullshit.

It is called thievery.

Thievery is when someone travels the highways, vacations in Hawaii, flies internationally, takes law enforcement for granted, sends their kids to a private school and thinks they are entitled to do it. That's the best example of thievery in the world. The fact that the party they support starts wars but let somebody else's kids fight it is a no brainer. Fuck all of you dedicated right wingers!!

No lib loon. Theft is the action of taking the property of somebody against their will leaving them with no reasonable alternative. For instance: you are walking down the street one night, and somebody approaches you with a gun asking for all your money. You have two choices: give the thief your money and walk away alive, or get shot and he takes your money anyway.

He is a thief because he took your money against your will and gave you no reasonable alternative.

Example: you are my neighbor and have much more money than I. When you are not home one day, I break into your home and take some of your money that I feel I need. Did I break the law? Of course I did, and I will end up in jail because of it.

When liberal politicians do the exact same thing, not only are they not arrested and charged, they are applauded by their liberal constituents.

Just curious.......why is it that your party of elite assholes start wars 10,000 miles from home and expect the sons and daughters of others to do the fighting? When was the last time a right wing, rich ass hole volunteered to travel and fight?

[

According to the Google search I ran on job creation, it ain't the ultra wealthy who creates most of the jobs.

Small business does a lot of job creation. And small business owners typically are not ultra wealthy.

Who did you think created jobs?

So how many jobs do your welfare queens create? You know the almost 50% of the American people that don't have to pay any of the trillion a year that is collected in income taxes?

Yet that's just what famed investor Warren Buffett has done in an op-ed in the New York Times headlined, "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich." Buffett says that very wealthy people like himself pay lower tax rates than the middle class, thanks to special tax categories for investment income.

The part Buffet didn't mention is that not only payroll taxes the poorest of the poor pay a much higher percentage of their income than others. When every kind of local tax, fee, registration charge, license and other government and normal living required costs are added the rich are getting off and making out like a bandit when observed as a percentage of their total.

For example in Tennessee there is a state sales tax and in the county where I live there's also a local retail tax on everything one purchases. A poor bastard earning $30,000 a year pays the same gasoline tax as a millionaire and if one looks closely there's another form of taxation or fee being charged every time the poor man/woman opens his/her billfold/purse.

Warren buffet is free to write a big fat fucking check to the US Treasury if he thinks he should pay more taxes
You might want to ask why his company has been fighting with the IRS for years over back taxes

So you prefer a five-year-old partisan speculative source rather than a more recent objective professional accounting source detailing the resolution of the dispute. How convenient for your agenda spin.

If he thinks he should pay more then why not just fucking pay it instead of wasting taxpayer money fighting it?

The fighting and tax disputes are with the company he owns controlling shares in, Berkshire. He is notoriously frugal and collects a pay from the company of $100,000 per year. He lives in his the house he bought for 31,500 in Omaha in 1958. He has given over 37 billion away in charity donations over the years and has willed almost his entire wealth to charity upon his death.
You guys are going after the wrong rich guy. The guy is an eccentric that gives his money away like no other rich guy. Imagine having all that money to draw upon and living in your 50-year-old little house you bought for $31,500.

So fucking what?

If he thinks he should pay more in taxes then he should raise his fucking salary to 100 million a year and pay up

He's a fucking hypocrite
Unlike you, Buffett understands math. Your suggestion would help pay for a one or two aircraft. It would contribute millions to the treasury. His suggestion would add trillions to the treasury and finance the entire fleet of aircraft.

[

It is called thievery.

Just curious.......why is it that your party of elite assholes start wars 10,000 miles from home and expect the sons and daughters of others to do the fighting? When was the last time a right wing, rich ass hole volunteered to travel and fight?

As we all know, Palin's son was in the military, and so is Bill Bennett's son serving right now.

Why do they expect the sons and daughters to fight wars? Because that's what the sons and daughters joined the military for. If your son became a cop, do you blame your society if he goes after a criminal who robbed a bank? Of course not. That's what police officers do, they go after criminals.

So fucking what?

He's a fucking hypocrite
Unlike you, Buffett understands math. Your suggestion would help pay for a one or two aircraft. It would contribute millions to the treasury. His suggestion would add trillions to the treasury and finance the entire fleet of aircraft.

SO he wants everyone else to pay more while he only pays himself a small wage and then fights with the IRS over taxes

Like I said a fucking hypocrite

Mulroney a conservative to the core and dearly loved by Reagan came up with our GST. Hated as it is. It is fair.

Everyone pays. If I buy a canoe or a bass boat I am dinged. If someone else buys a yacht they are dinged equally.

I buy a small bbq. They buy an Argentinian approved by Martha Stewart grill they pay the same. Its equal.

I've suggested this before.

The ones that scream the loudest in the US are the ones that don't pay.

:lol:

Gotta love that.

If all these Liberals really believed in this horseshit that the government is better at spending the money that Americans make then they would put their money where their mouth is and send the government all their money.

However they don't really believe it.

What they believe is that they are fine at spending their own money but that other people should give the government money so they can get the benefits of it.

It is called greed and stupidity and the Left is afflicted with that disease.

[

It is called thievery.

As we all know, Palin's son was in the military, and so is Bill Bennett's son serving right now.

Why do they expect the sons and daughters to fight wars? Because that's what the sons and daughters joined the military for. If your son became a cop, do you blame your society if he goes after a criminal who robbed a bank? Of course not. That's what police officers do, they go after criminals.

The record shows that Palin's son is some kind of mixed up young man who can't get his shit together. He's still worried about Russia being next door.

[

It is called thievery.

Hmmm, tell us again which party Kennedy and LBJ belonged to. You remember them, they started the viet nam war that cost the lives of 58,000 americans for NOTHING.

It looks like never that you see those who say that voluntarily doing more. He sounds like the typical Liberal who says people should pay more then points his/her finger toward the other guy he/she wants to do the paying.

Here's a simple solution. WRITE A CHECK WARREN. The government isn't necessary nor does it have to be involved for you to produce the result of them having more money.

[

It is called thievery.

Now ya went and done it, you mentioned Palin and now the loon's heads will spin and explode

It is called thievery.

The record shows that Palin's son is some kind of mixed up young man who can't get his shit together. He's still worried about Russia being next door.

Apparently you think Sarah said she could see Russia from her house. That's the problem you senile old bastard when you consider SNL as a news source.

So fucking what?

He's a fucking hypocrite

the government could take 100% of the income of the top 10% and it wouldn't make a dent in the federal debt. The problem is not tax revenue, the problem is government spending.

Forum List

Back