one nation, under god

athiesm_demotivational5-e1270732022890.jpg

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

Acton Family Wants “Under God” Removed From Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Boston

thoughts?

Remove it.

Why don't you try something new and show some maturity? :thup:

again, funny from someone who says nothing except spews about the "evil left".

perhaps you should post something of merit?
there ya go!

You mean like you do? :lol:

I posted something of merit, you were the troll who had to act like she was in junior high and had to fling insults. My comment wasn't directed at you, it wasn't about you, it had nothing to do with you. Maybe you should say something more than spewing insults and act like an adult? Cause right now, you lecturing me on posting something of 'merit' is just a bit past ironic. :eusa_shhh:

Clearly, she thinks she is better than anyone else. She doesn't try to hide that elitist in her anymore.

what on earth are you yammering about?

Not surprising that you wouldn't undersrtand, dear...go back to playing in traffic...

What was this exactly...? ^ Speaking of childish bullying, hypocrite...?

Try not being so emotional and comprehend the thread for what it is...You're so stuck on righteously defending your precious God, but you treat people like shit...

well,, her precious god is her precious god,, and she don't need you mocking her beliefs in god. talk about treating people like shit, you seem to have a lock on that.

Try not being so emotional and comprehend the thread for what it is...You're so stuck on righteously defending your precious God, but you treat people like shit...

And Jillian doesn't believe in God, is that what you're saying? So it's okay for her to 'treat people like shit'? Or maybe you missed her comment in red? Your bias is showing... :eusa_shhh:

Jillian does not believe in God?
Someone does not know Jillian very well.
;)

It's Jesus she doesn't believe in. and of course not being a Christian she feels free to mock the holy trinity. oh well.

Not surprising that you wouldn't undersrtand, dear...go back to playing in traffic...

well,, her precious god is her precious god,, and she don't need you mocking her beliefs in god. talk about treating people like shit, you seem to have a lock on that.

:lol: Aww the "gangs" all here, huh? The posts are there for all to see, Willow...

And Jillian doesn't believe in God, is that what you're saying? So it's okay for her to 'treat people like shit'? Or maybe you missed her comment in red? Your bias is showing... :eusa_shhh:

Jillian does not believe in God?
Someone does not know Jillian very well.
;)

It's Jesus she doesn't believe in. and of course not being a Christian she feels free to mock the holy trinity. oh well.
holy trinity :eusa_eh: what r u? kafflick?

Jesus fucking christ people it's a word.

I have to ask, what does the word God mean to you as an individual?

If it means nothing then why are you worried about saying it?

If it means the Omnipresent Master Being that rules over all of the universe then say it loud and proud.

The point here is that the words mean what you as an individual want them to mean.

I was taught the pledge with the words under God in it and I say it that way at least once a month.

What it means to me is my own business. Nothing to go to court over and waste our time with........

Most of us believe in God.Most of us believe Unalienable Right's, come from God. Do we hide in our closets with that belief or exercise it? This is not so much a Sect Issue, where we are divided. The exceptions are rare. To state One Nation Under God, surely has motives more relevant than offending Non Believers. I think it is more a question of tolerance. That and Who's tolerance of Whom?

it's easier to be tolerant when you're getting your way, imo.

if the purpose of the pledge is to unite us, why insert a reference to god, which divides us, however unevenly?

Don't worry. I don't think being united is ever going to happen again. Not as long as you dividers are busy trying to persecute Christians..

If it means the Omnipresent Master Being that rules over all of the universe then say it loud and proud.

The point here is that the words mean what you as an individual want them to mean.

I was taught the pledge with the words under God in it and I say it that way at least once a month.

What it means to me is my own business. Nothing to go to court over and waste our time with........

If it's just a word, then you have no problem with it being taken out, correct?

Why does obummer yell "God Bless America" at the end of every speech? He probably gags on it.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it was inserted during the cold war.

last time i checked, the cold war was over.

buh-bye
I figure any 'pledge' that my parents recited in school, any pledge invoked during World War II, any pledge recited over the graves of those who came before us and made the supreme sacrifice is good enough for me. I'm a child of the Cold War and I don't need to be reminded that I believe in God.

I do mind a political statement made in the hysteria of the Cold War by the same folks who thought it was the American thing to do in Blacklisting people, ruining careers, reputations and families in the name of 'security'. Hypocrites should not have the final say.

Why does obummer yell "God Bless America" at the end of every speech? He probably gags on it.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

I would have a problem with it taken out by or to please a small minority.

so then you have no problem with gays being married, because marriage is "just a word".....

I love these type of threads....Love them, you fucks make it too easy.

Just a word? Then why are the Gays fighting so hard over it? Do try to stay on topic....

I would have a problem with it taken out by or to please a small minority.

Why if it's just a word? What's the reason matter if it's just a word? Would taking out the word "the" somewhere to please those who type up the song offend you? Or is the word god more important in the pledge to you?

I hate people who sue others for any reason. People who sue suck.

Forum List

Back