High School Student Says "Under Allah" At Graduation - Terrorist Attack?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"On Monday morning, at the Justice High School graduation ceremony in Fairfax Va, the senior class president delivered the pledge of allegiance and said Allah instead of God. Right wing news outlet had a 5 member person panel to discuss how awful and unpatriotic the student was."

Guess it was a slow news day for Newsmax but they were still able to manufacture some outrage out of this one....If anything, the student is only wrong if she was instructed not to say Allah (the student is Muslim) when giving the pledge. However, it seems the reactionary rightwingers at Newsmaxx had a deeper problem with it. Like how one panel member said the student should have stuck to the script because "we don't include our own God" in the pledge of allegiance...except that is exactly what we did in 1954 when we added "our own God" to the pledge...

Another panelist suggested that the student should be punished and have her diploma stripped (remember, she is the class president) -- because she didn't properly bow down to her God of choice I assume...Another panelist felt that the right punishment was for the student to be forced to do a year in the military -- then went on a long diatribe about the military and soldiers and patriotism...someone should tell him that there are muslims in the military...and even atheists too..are they not patriotic? ....what all of these morons leave out is....first...there was no "under God" in the pledge until 1954...does that make pre-1954 US less patriotic?? Second of all, Allah literally means God...so this is nothing more than manufactured outrage again...

Last edited:
All that I can say is that the more attention that is given to the matter, the more that it will continue to occur. People may soon say the pledge differently only because they know that it will tick off other people.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Hey...................we've had congress people who have been elected and sworn in on a Koran rather than a Bible. Does that make them un-American as well? Sorry, but Allah is basically the Muslim equivalent of the Christian God. And, again, sorry, but God has many different names. Look into Judaic theology (the first one) sometime.

"On Monday morning, at the Justice High School graduation ceremony in Fairfax Va, the senior class president delivered the pledge of allegiance and said Allah instead of God. Right wing news outlet had a 5 member person panel to discuss how awful and unpatriotic the student was."

Guess it was a slow news day for Newsmax but they were still able to manufacture some outrage out of this one....If anything, the student is only wrong if she was instructed not to say Allah (the student is Muslim) when giving the pledge. However, it seems the reactionary rightwingers at Newsmaxx had a deeper problem with it. Like how one panel member said the student should have stuck to the script because "we don't include our own God" in the pledge of allegiance...except that is exactly what we did in 1954 when we added "our own God" to the pledge...

Another panelist suggested that the student should be punished and have her diploma stripped (remember, she is the class president) -- because she didn't properly bow down to her God of choice I assume...Another panelist felt that the right punishment was for the student to be forced to do a year in the military -- then went on a long diatribe about the military and soldiers and patriotism...someone should tell him that there are muslims in the military...and even atheists too..are they not patriotic? ....what all of these morons leave out is....first...there was no "under God" in the pledge until 1954...does that make pre-1954 US less patriotic?? Second of all, Allah literally means God...so this is nothing more than manufactured outrage again...

I would have said "under Woden."

Hey...................we've had congress people who have been elected and sworn in on a Koran rather than a Bible. Does that make them un-American as well? Sorry, but Allah is basically the Muslim equivalent of the Christian God. And, again, sorry, but God has many different names. Look into Judaic theology (the first one) sometime.
I am running for office, just so I can be sworn in on Thor's Hammer.

I am running for office, just so I can be sworn in on Thor's Hammer.

By Grapthar's Hammer, I shall avenge you!

Lame.

The irony of Jihadists and American Progressives (as if there's a difference) disparaging a country where they are free to open their pie holes just so they can turn it into a nation that throws gay men off rooftops.

Forum List

Back