on MSNBC with Ari Melber, Matt Gaetz condemns Jan 6 violence, denies that he sought pardon from Trump despite Cassidy Hutchinson & others' testimony

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Ari Melber presses Matt Gaetz about the Jan. 6 attack and his vote against the certification of the 2020 presidential election:

Gaetz: We didn't do anything different than Democrats have done. Melber: It was different...because you just had an actual...sedition insurrection.

THERE WAS NO INSURRECTION. THAT'S A LIE. J6 WAS AN UNARMED PROTEST.

Here is what a real insurrection looks like:

Here is what J6 looked like:
1675168430444.png

1675168456109.png

Ari Melber presses Matt Gaetz about the Jan. 6 attack and his vote against the certification of the 2020 presidential election:

Gaetz: We didn't do anything different than Democrats have done. Melber: It was different...because you just had an actual...sedition insurrection.

There was a difference and I'm disappointed that Melber didn't point it out to Gaetz. The difference was the Democrats' objections were deemed not valid, and were gabled down down by VP Gore in 2001, and VP Biden in 2017. 2020 was a pure partisan power play based on no valid legal challenge in any state, no valid alternative slate of electors, just unproven allegations bouncing around the GOP Echo-Chamber.

No one has been arrested for insurrection. What happened doesnt even meet the legal parameters of the word.
You federal supremacists just buy whatever your herders throw at you.
Arrests are not required for it to be an insurrection...although their have been Trump loving folks charged with sedition. I can compromise and say it was sedition if that makes it better for you.

Arrests are not required for it to be an insurrection...although their have been Trump loving folks charged with sedition. I can compromise and say it was sedition if that makes it better for you.
It doesnt meet the legal parameters of the word. Your feelz dont matter..
You idiots are raping that word just like you have done race, liberal, Nazi etc

It doesnt meet the legal parameters of the word. Your feelz dont matter..
You idiots are raping that word just like you have done race, liberal, Nazi etc
Does that mean you are not ok with calling it a sedition?

Oh how far a party has fallen when the best defense you can come up with is, it was ok because it was sedition, not insurrection. Lol.

That said, it sure looks like it does meet the definition.

"insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt."

Does that mean you are not ok with calling it a sedition?

Oh how far a party has fallen when the best defense you can come up with is, it was ok because it was sedition, not insurrection. Lol.

That said, it sure looks like it does meet the definition.

"insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt."

Not to mention, jan 6th wasnt organized. A few of the proud boys got sedition charges because they promoted it. However no one has been charged because there was no organization.
It doesnt meet the legal parameters of it. Thats why no one has been charged. This cant be explained any more simple than this.

Not to mention, jan 6th wasnt organized. A few of the proud boys got sedition charges because they promoted it. However no one has been charged because there was no organization.
It doesnt meet the legal parameters of it. Thats why no one has been charged. This cant be explained any more simple than this.
Yes it was organized. You would know this if you had watched the Jan 6 hearings.

As someone in the comments stated, "Lying isn't' a bug in the GOP, it's a feature."

It's like I always say...

If Republicans didn't LIE, they'd have NOTHING to say!

As someone in the comments stated, "Lying isn't' a bug in the GOP, it's a feature."
It's like I always say...
If Republicans didn't LIE, they'd have NOTHING to say!
Politicians lie. Don't make me list all the lies democrats said.

My favorite is the one about Guam capsizing and "termite Jews"....

LOL!! Don't believe your lying eyes!!!

The "insurrection" was over as soon as the SWAT teams showed up with real guns, duh.
The insurrectionists/seditionists had guns too.

Did you not watch the Jan 6 hearings?

As a matter of fact, Trump knew people were armed when he sent his followers to the capital.

The insurrectionists/seditionists had guns too.
Did you not watch the Jan 6 hearings?
As a matter of fact, Trump knew people were armed when he sent his followers to the capital.
Nope. Don't watch kangaroo courts.
I'll watch the real bi-partisan J6 hearings coming soon.

So if the rioters had guns, who did they shoot? I want verified LINKS.

Nope. Don't watch kangaroo courts.
I'll watch the real bi-partisan J6 hearings coming soon.

So if the rioters had guns, who did they shoot? I want verified LINKS.
I didn't say they shot, I said they had guns and Trump knew they had guns.

The "kangaroo" court, unlike the right media clowns, consisted of people speaking under oath. If you choose to dismiss that then you will never accept facts.

Here is Trump showing he knew his followers had weapons when he sent them....again under oath testimony.

“I don’t f---ing care that they have weapons,” Trump fumed in urging aides to take down magnetometers near the White House before he addressed a “Stop the Steal” rally, Hutchinson testified. “They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f---ing mags away.”

I didn't say they shot, I said they had guns and Trump knew they had guns.

The "kangaroo" court, unlike the right media clowns, consisted of people speaking under oath. If you choose to dismiss that then you will never accept facts.

Here is Trump showing he knew his followers had weapons when he sent them....again under oath testimony.

“I don’t f---ing care that they have weapons,” Trump fumed in urging aides to take down magnetometers near the White House before he addressed a “Stop the Steal” rally, Hutchinson testified. “They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f---ing mags away.”
No shooting means no insurrection.
So a couple guys had guns. BFD.
1675195560818.png
Goobers by any other name...

Forum List

Back