Oil discoveries dispel "Peak Oil" as myth

Peak is already here. Terminal decline will begin by roughly 2015. Evidenced by the rising price of fuel today, the price of food, the geopolitical climate and the geological data which shows that new discoveries are not keeping up with dying capacity.

chickie.gif

As for your allies here relying on personal ridicule, and utterly unable to counter the data (that assclown Samson foremost among them), that's fine. Keep your focus on me, and keep ducking the reality of the global energy crisis that is on our doorstep. You all represent the kinds of people in power who are the real doomers, stalling progress towards acknowledging this reality, and ever doing anything about it.
chickie.gif

You'll learn, when your grocery bill doubles and triples within a few years.

chickie.gif

For all your posturing and arrogant ignorance, tell us then, how these former petrol geologists and Big Oil CEOs are somehow wrong (you won't, because you can't):
chickie.gif

:lol:

They are wrong because they cannot predict the future, just like they've been wrong for the past 30 (90) years. They have no idea if oil will "Peak" and they certainly don't know when.

The ONLY thing they know is that fossil fuels are NOT a renewable resource:

Who disagrees with this premise? Can you cite ANYONE?

No, because it is obvious.

Unfortunately for you, this simple fact must be embellished with fictional catastophic consequences, otherwise, you would be even more of a complete bore than you already are.

Will there be rioting in the streets? The Peak Oilist replies, "OF COURSE, PAY ATTENTION TO ME, ME, ME!!!!" Sociology professors stand in front of classrooms full of morons like Jiggs, who are enraptured by the gory descriptions of global civil unrest, ignoring all the while that this picture is exactly opposed to anything that would benefit ExxonMobil's interests.

The US has already passed it's peak refining capacity.
We import refined petro products from european countries and other places.

I know my article lacked what you pointed out earlier, I expected this response and have no retort.

I understand the failings of links and articles to prove points.

Still, its a fact Brazil has become an exporter of oil.

What does the BP disaster teach us about peak oil, that there are known reserves of such great magnitude its extremely dangerous to tap said oil reserve.

Anyhow, I agree my articles do not prove a point, I can say the last four years of going to Brazil I have seen offshore oil platforms being built and super-tankers converted to offshore oil processing platforms, as built by Halliburton, which reminds me I have met Halliburton engineers in Brazil as well as dozens of platform workers.

Make no mistake, the oil industry in Brazil is growing, and not by a little bit, will they pass Saudi Arabia or Venezuela, I dont think so, but they are the experts at finding deep oil offshore.

New discoveries in Brazil, accounted for in the Peak Oil theory, without googling, I say no.

So, you create a thread titled "discoveres dispel peak is a myth" and then concede that it doesn't show that at all.

Once again, of course there are going to be discoveries here and there. Tiny discoveries compared to what we used to find. Irrelevant finds, up against ever-increasing demand. The point is, as confirmed by the USGS and the IEA, is that new discoveries are not keeping up with existing dying capacity.... and haven't for 20+ years.

I can see how your confused you read all I posted and think I conceded. Irony, sarcasm right over your head. Or is it the links I dismiss as nonsense which you desperately cling to as conceding.

USGS, government, same government that did not see the financial collapse coming. You trust the government. This is the problem with Libels, always trusting the government, Bush is big oil, Bush was in the White House, Bush went along with peak oil, Bush is oil and a liar, worst president ever, except on this one thing.

20 years we have not kept up, thats a big joke, yes we run out of gas all the time, not.

Anyone ever think that one reason that big oil might want to dispel the "myth" of peak oil is to keep us from pushing harder for alternatives?

Funny, everyone you mention stands to profit if they are to be believed. Imagine, Total, oil company right, wants the public to believe we are at the peak, production, supply, known reserves, either way as long as people believe Total's claim, the price per barrel of oil will be perceived as of greater value.

Exxon and Chevron denies it. So there goes that premise that Big Oil wants it.

How about that BP well in the gulf, so much damned oil it blew up and could hardly be contained.

Emptiness. The Macondo Prospect held 55 million barrels, total. That's enough energy to get us through about 2/3 of a day at current consumption rates. Hardly proof of "plenty".

Do better.

I wonder how much longer this peak will last, most likely hundreds of thousands of years.

Peak is already here. Terminal decline will begin by roughly 2015. Evidenced by the rising price of fuel today, the price of food, the geopolitical climate and the geological data which shows that new discoveries are not keeping up with dying capacity.

As for your allies here relying on personal ridicule, and utterly unable to counter the data (that assclown Samson foremost among them), that's fine. Keep your focus on me, and keep ducking the reality of the global energy crisis that is on our doorstep. You all represent the kinds of people in power who are the real doomers, stalling progress towards acknowledging this reality, and stalling from ever doing anything about it.

You'll learn, when your grocery bill doubles and triples within a few years. And/Or global trade war breaks out.

For all your posturing and arrogant ignorance, tell us then, how these former petrol geologists and Big Oil CEOs are somehow wrong (you won't, because you can't):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7QGbNKxoQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVY2qrEfd8[/ame]

Exxon and Chevron denies it. So there goes that premise that Big Oil wants it.

I am aware of this, when, where, was it an article. Further Chevron is building the world largest Solar Power plant, seems like you should of left Chevron out.

Evidenced by the rising price of fuel today, the price of food

I will end here for now, I just had an epiphany, thanks for fixing me folks.

Yes, and I notice the expiration on my milk is passed, that was the day Global Warming went critical, correct.

Anyone ever think that one reason that big oil might want to dispel the "myth" of peak oil is to keep us from pushing harder for alternatives?

Who do you think is developing the alternatives?

The "Alternative Energy Elves" at the North Pole?

who develops it?
In any case China will manufacture it.

Yes, as we all know, China has always been famous for developing forward-thinking technolgy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, at least they were 1000 years ago......since then they've fallen just a tad behind.

Hydrocarbon lake finally confirmed on Titan | COSMOS magazine

"Cassini's visual and mapping instrument observed a lake – Ontario Lacus – in Titan's south polar region during a close Cassini flyby in December 2007. The lake is roughly 20,000 square kilometres in area, slightly larger than its namesake, North America's Lake Ontario. "

And it's a lake of "Fossil fuels"! Eeek! How did the velicoraptors get to Titan????
I get the distinct impression that you're an idiot

Perfect clueless answer. Please tell us why hydrocarbons on Earth are necessarily different from those on other planets and moons.

Take your time, be sure to include "velicoraptors pressure cooked over geological time" in your non-answer

Hydrocarbon:

Any of numerous organic compounds that contain only carbon and hydrogen

Partial list of examples:

chlorobenzene - a colorless volatile flammable liquid with an almond odor that is made from chlorine and benzene; used as a solvent and in the production of phenol and DDT and other organic compounds
aromatic compound - a hydrocarbon containing one or more benzene rings that are characteristic of the benzene series of compounds
gasohol - a gasoline substitute consisting of 90% gasoline and 10% grain alcohol from corn
gasolene, gasoline, petrol, gas - a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
coal oil, kerosene, kerosine, lamp oil - a flammable hydrocarbon oil used as fuel in lamps and heaters
organic compound - any compound of carbon and another element or a radical
aromatic hydrocarbon - a hydrocarbon that contains one or more benzene rings that are characteristic of the benzene series of organic compounds
indene - a colorless liquid hydrocarbon extracted from petroleum or coal tar and used in making synthetic resins
cymene - any of three isotopes of a colorless aromatic liquid hydrocarbon occurring in the volatile oil of cumin and thyme and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins
dioxin - any of several toxic or carcinogenic hydrocarbons that occur as impurities in herbicides
C2H6, ethane - a colorless odorless alkane gas used as fuel
bottled gas, liquefied petroleum gas - hydrocarbon gases, usually propane or butane, kept under pressure
bitumen - any of various naturally occurring impure mixtures of hydrocarbons
butadiene - a gaseous hydrocarbon C4H6; used in making synthetic rubbers
naphtha - any of various volatile flammable liquid hydrocarbon mixtures; used chiefly as solvents
naphthalene - a white crystalline strong-smelling hydrocarbon made from coal tar or petroleum and used in organic synthesis and as a fumigant in mothballs
pyrene - a pale yellow crystalline hydrocarbon C16H10 extracted from coal tar
octane - any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent
gas oil - an oil formed through distillation of petroleum of intermediate boiling range and viscosity
terpene - an unsaturated hydrocarbon obtained from plants
provitamin - vitamin precursor; a substance that is converted into a vitamin in animal tissues

Some are "manmade", some found in nature, all are "Hydrocarbons".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hydrocarbon

I get the distinct impression that you're an idiot

Perfect clueless answer. Please tell us why hydrocarbons on Earth are necessarily different from those on other planets and moons.

Take your time, be sure to include "velicoraptors pressure cooked over geological time" in your non-answer

Hydrocarbon:

chlorobenzene - a colorless volatile flammable liquid with an almond odor that is made from chlorine and benzene; used as a solvent and in the production of phenol and DDT and other organic compounds
aromatic compound - a hydrocarbon containing one or more benzene rings that are characteristic of the benzene series of compounds
gasohol - a gasoline substitute consisting of 90% gasoline and 10% grain alcohol from corn
gasolene, gasoline, petrol, gas - a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
coal oil, kerosene, kerosine, lamp oil - a flammable hydrocarbon oil used as fuel in lamps and heaters
aromatic hydrocarbon - a hydrocarbon that contains one or more benzene rings that are characteristic of the benzene series of organic compounds
indene - a colorless liquid hydrocarbon extracted from petroleum or coal tar and used in making synthetic resins
cymene - any of three isotopes of a colorless aromatic liquid hydrocarbon occurring in the volatile oil of cumin and thyme and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins
dioxin - any of several toxic or carcinogenic hydrocarbons that occur as impurities in herbicides
bottled gas, liquefied petroleum gas - hydrocarbon gases, usually propane or butane, kept under pressure
naphtha - any of various volatile flammable liquid hydrocarbon mixtures; used chiefly as solvents
naphthalene - a white crystalline strong-smelling hydrocarbon made from coal tar or petroleum and used in organic synthesis and as a fumigant in mothballs
octane - any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent
gas oil - an oil formed through distillation of petroleum of intermediate boiling range and viscosity
provitamin - vitamin precursor; a substance that is converted into a vitamin in animal tissues

hydrocarbon - definition of hydrocarbon by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'm fairly certain this is way beyond your cognitive ability, but here goes, are you saying that Earth based ethane is different from that on Titan?

Now go Google "Cognitive ability" and post something else off point.

Hydrocarbon:

hydrocarbon - definition of hydrocarbon by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'm fairly certain this is way beyond your cognitive ability, but here goes, are you saying that Earth based ethane is different from that on Titan?

Hydrogen and carbon are found all over the solar system. I presented a partial list of known hydrocarbons. Not every hydrocarbon found on earth is necessarily found on one of the moons of Saturn. I thought that was obvious and didn't need further explanation. Sorry, I was obviously mistaken.

The only Tired Premise is that of "Peak Oil."

But continue blithering away, if it amuses you.

Get real, it is a hard and fast certainty that if humans keep consuming oil in vast quantities, but especially in exponentially increasing quantities, that peak oil will occur.

Same with peak coal and peak tar sands and peak copper, peak rare earth minerals, peak uranium, etc, etc.

It is mathematically impossible to be otherwise.

The resource pool is finite, our consumption curve is tending toward the infinite, do the math.

"Mathematically Impossible?"

REALLY? I did not know that every parameter had been identified to construct a perfect mathematical model? Where is it? If it exists, then you should be able to predict the price of oil tomorrow: What will it be?

I AM aware that "social science" loves to justify themselves by borrowing from the physical sciences. Most of the absurdity of "Peak Oil" derived from "exponentially increasing equations" finds justification in SOME physical science models. It works well enough, unless you actually know something about math. However, a little knowledge is dangerous.

Part parabolic equation could be said to be linear.

that was gibberish.

When consumption of a finite resource escalates exponentially the resource will eventually be consumed.

DUH!

Any argument to the contrary is futile.

Hydrocarbon:

Hydrogen and carbon are found all over the solar system. I presented a partial list of known hydrocarbons. Not every hydrocarbon found on earth is necessarily found on one of the moons of Saturn. I thought that was obvious and didn't need further explanation. Sorry, I was obviously mistaken.

Well there's no surprise in your being obviously mistaken, that's like breathing.

Did you think Republicans exported jobs to Titan where they synthesize complex hydrocarbon molecules?

There is ethane in Titan, yet on Earth it's considered a fossil fuel. That's the point.

Google away

There is ethane in Titan, yet on Earth it's considered a fossil fuel. That's the point.

Google away

But it isn't much of a point.

So is Earth the one and only place in the solar system than needs dead dinosaurs to make ethane, methane, et al.?

There is also carbon dioxide on Titan. What does that mean?

In 1996, ethane was detected in Comet Hyakutake,[6] and it has since been detected in some other comets. The existence of ethane in these distant solar system bodies may implicate ethane as a primordial component of the solar nebula from which the sun and planets are believed to have formed.

Ethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A "component" of fossil fuel is NOT considered "fossil fuel". Do you understand the difference?

Def of com·po·nent:
Any of the minimum number of substances required to specify completely the composition of all phases of a chemical system.

So is Earth the one and only place in the solar system than needs dead dinosaurs to make ethane, methane, et al.?

There is also carbon dioxide on Titan. What does that mean?

In 1996, ethane was detected in Comet Hyakutake,[6] and it has since been detected in some other comets. The existence of ethane in these distant solar system bodies may implicate ethane as a primordial component of the solar nebula from which the sun and planets are believed to have formed.

Ethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A "component" of fossil fuel is NOT considered "fossil fuel". Do you understand the difference?

Def of com·po·nent:
Any of the minimum number of substances required to specify completely the composition of all phases of a chemical system.

Let's stay with stuff you know, like...er, um. Hmmm. Well.

Give me a minute.

I know you just like to Google stuff and post it here like some trained chimp, but can you tell me what CO2 on a comet has to do with ethane on Titan and why you think CO2 is a fossil fuel "component"?

Google away

No, dead plants will do, dead salamanders are fine, dead butterflies.

Earth made methane without biomatter too billions of years ago. So do comets.You only need biomatter to make complex hydrocarbons some of which have millions of atoms in a single molecule, like buckyballs. And you need lots of heat and pressure and a lotta time. And you need some mechanism to trap these materials within the crust to process them.

But if you are asserting that crazy self replenishing oil theory, abiotic oil, then you have screws loose. Just sayin.

Forum List

Back