[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Is there anything we can do to avoid all the advertisements?

I haven't seen a single ad since I logged in over an hour ago but I am running Ad Blocker so that might account for it. I am also a Supporting Member so that might explain it too. Either way it works for me cuz a I loathe ads.

I jsut noticed we are all red text in our names. So..this means no more different colors if someone donates or is mod or whatnot?

And...can someone tell me if my hidden status is working? I clicked it to "Hide" but I see it myself.

Top right hand corner has your Alerts and that is where you can see who approved/disapproved of your posts.

Yes I know that but I'm the only one who sees it. So if you or I have ten 'disagrees' on our post, do others surmise that this many thoughtful people disagreed with us? Or if they see the names of 10 trolls who organized a 'dislike' campaign, then that puts an entirely different perspective on it. Plus you don't have to wade through dozens of notifications and try to remember who did or didn't like a particular argument.

I don't see a disapprove thingy. I see a thumbs up.
There's a check mark and X thingee to the right of the thumbs up that gives you two other options to rate a person's post.

And hang in there. A lot of us liked the old USMB format better than any other and it just feels uncomfortable for it to be so different now, but everything becomes familiar and comfortable with use. But then I'm one of the probably three people on the planet who HATED Windows 8 to begin with, but have come to prefer it to all others.

Forum List

Back