Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

I just watched this video. It made me realize I had no freakin' idea of how COVID-19 kills people. I have high blood pressure so have an underlying condition.

The stats and comparative history of this versus other viruses does not warrant the hoax overreactio
How does presenting about 360 deaths and saying only about 18% of them had no co existing conditions make that point? Hospitals are still being overwhelmed. Even people who do not die require hospitalization. And, if all the seriously ill people can't get proper care , more will die than otherwise.

These, of course, are the main concerns.

So, now you can explain how cherry picking a couple hundred deaths and pointing out only about 18% of them had co existing conditions speaks to any of these concerns or the measures taken to address them.

And... Go! It's your big point, so don't sissy out on me.

Sweden has 10 million people, Norway and Denmark both sport about 5 million people. So the population is twice the size.

So you posted the article, then had to ask me what was in it? Haha, yep, that sounds like you.

Of course, you comment above is retarded to point out right now, as the virus was not sprinkled evenly over each country from outer space, and the cases are a function of time.

But you will continue to make the same, dumb error, without question.

Furthermore, they have many tim s over the number of deaths of their neighbors. So, even if your retarded comment were not retarded (it is), you would have merely pointed out that a neighboring country with half the population has only 15% of the deaths, further strengthening my point.

You might want to take a break for a while.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. A truly pathetic attempt to deflect from the fact that you were owned.

And you are purposely pushing misleading numbers.

Besides being a total prick, you are a true liar who really cares nothing for the truth.

IT will be good to not have your posts littering my screen.

Last edited:
New York and New Jersey have 1/2 the cases in the U.S.

If New York and New Jersey had zero cases, USA would still be #2 in active cases only behind Italy.

You are correct.

And while I don't want to downplay it, I guess I am more feeling sorry for those two states.

They can't seem to buy a break.

Michigan has ramped up now.

I feel sorry for the entire nation. We're #1 in active cases by a mile.

So, using Sweden's approach -- which appears to be to do none of the effective things the South Koreans did, while doing all the risky things they did -- has resulted in a doubling of cases in the last week (no doubt more, with testing sparse in Sweden). Only 162 known cases have resolved, resulting in 146 deaths. About 8% of these cases are critically ill, right now. Since only sick people are being tested in Sweden at least, were until a couple of days ago), that critical percentage of the currently known cases will surely rise, over time. As the number of ill people increases dramatically, what you are going to see is Swedish leadership give in to the experts, eventually, and shut it down. They aren't going to enjoy South Korea's curve, with their poor response. These things have consequences. All else being equal, you're going to see the virus lingering longer in the countries slow to respond correctly.

China has been flat for like 2 weeks.

I believe them.

:auiqs.jpg:

If you believe we have more cases than China, I have some magic beans to sell you.

If New York and New Jersey had zero cases, USA would still be #2 in active cases only behind Italy.

You are correct.

And while I don't want to downplay it, I guess I am more feeling sorry for those two states.

What does that mean ?

Again, I don't want to downplay things, but we are at about 3,500 serious cases.

I have no way of knowing what the rest mean or what the potential is for them to migrate.

But so far the ratio of serious to active has remained steady at 5%.

We also show only 5,500 cases recovered.

How are they classifying those ?

You are correct.

What does that mean ?

Again, I don't want to downplay things, but we are at about 3,500 serious cases.

I have no way of knowing what the rest mean or what the potential is for them to migrate.

What does that mean???

More active cases means more deaths. Obviously.

More active cases = bad.

You are correct.

What does that mean ?

What does that mean???

More active cases means more deaths. Obviously.

More active cases = bad.

O.K. yes, you are correct in that sense.

I am just curious to know how they are classifying things and where the serious ones are. I can't seem to break it out.

If we could just get that to start dropping off....just a little.

1585629685534.png

New York and New Jersey are still 50+% of the active cases.

How come China shows everyone recovered and we show practically nobody recovered.

How come China shows everyone recovered and we show practically nobody recovered.

First of, recovery last few weeks. It takes time to get those numbers.

Second, China also claimed that only around hundred people died in uprising on Tienanmen square. Of course, they're telling the truth, right?

Simply because they've had more time for recoveries to build up like that. You need at least a couple of weeks after the onset of illness. Only a few days ago did our number of Recovered even exceed our number of Deaths -- it takes longer for the human to do away with the virus than it takes the virus to do away with the human.

Simply because they've had more time for recoveries to build up like that. You need at least a couple of weeks after the onset of illness. Only a few days ago did our number of Recovered even exceed our number of Deaths -- it takes longer for the human to do away with the virus than it takes the virus to do away with the human.

O.K.

Much appreciated.

Forum List

Back