Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

The jump in swedish deaths, of course, can be explained by exponential growth in the number of actual infections and because of the time which has passed, allowing the infections to progress to fatality.

I guess some things have to be spelled out.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Yes, funny stuff. You will REALLY enjoy the jump in their deaths over the next week then, you failed human.

Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

Did you read the entire article?

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”

Sweden now has 146 deaths and over 4000 cases, and your article is from today (same day), so its numbers are already that far out of date.

It would appear they did not report much if anything for two days so the uptick is likely over two or three days.

View attachment 317274

You don't get to massage the numbers. :nono:

Looking further into the stats, Sweden's proportions of infection and deaths (per million) are 399 and 14 which are both right between those of the UK (326/21) and the US (487/9) so it doesn't really stand out as different.

I would agree.

I am not for a cavalier, eat drink and be merry......

I just wonder about what we are doing and why it is that we can't even discuss alternatives.

When I look at New York and New Jersey, I see a huge issue. Otherwise, not so bad...(well Michigan) and I am not discounting the potential.

It really is a balancing act.

You mentioned Italy. Seems they went to the extreme to ensure they infected each other to avoid looking racist.

The jump in swedish deaths, of course, can be explained by exponential growth in the number of actual infections and because of the time which has passed, allowing the infections to progress to fatality.

I guess some things have to be spelled out.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Yes, funny stuff. You will REALLY enjoy the jump in their deaths over the next week then, you failed human.

The difference between you and I is that I will wait to see what happens as they are running an experimet.

You being a left wing, in-love-with-your-own-reflection type, already know the outcome....even though you've fucked up your past predictions pretty good.

just wonder about what we are doing and why it is that we can't even discuss alternatives.
We literally just did that. We literally just examined Sweden's alternative approach. And what has resulted is their covid-19 deaths being 5-6 times higher than those of their immediate neighbors and a revolt among their scientific community.

Your reaction was to piss yourself and cackle. So, careful what you wish for.

just wonder about what we are doing and why it is that we can't even discuss alternatives.
We literally just did that. We literally just examined Sweden's alternative approach. And what has resulted is their covid-19 deaths being 5-6 times higher than those of their immediate neighbors and a revolt among their scientific community.

5-6 times higher.

Which post was that in ?

5-6 times higher.

Which post was that in ?
The first article posted that discussed Sweden's alternative approach. You must have been too busy complaining that we can't talk about alternative approaches to read it.

That's horrible, but before we go on can I ask something?

My Grocery Outlet started promoting Fireball with a prominent display. You can't miss it walking by it. If you're an adult, i.e. older than 25, are you not allowed to serve it?

I know what Grocery Outlet is. We call it the Go Store. But WTF is "Fireball"?
It’s a drink

5-6 times higher.

Which post was that in ?
The first article posted that discussed Sweden's alternative approach. You must have been too busy complaining that we can't talk about alternative approaches to read it.
What’s different than state to state?
You’re really a fkd up fkr

A petition signed by more than 2,000 doctors, scientists, and professors last week – including the chairman of the Nobel Foundation, Prof Carl-Henrik Heldin – called on the government to introduce more stringent containment measures. “We’re not testing enough, we’re not tracking, we’re not isolating enough – we have let the virus loose,” said Prof Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, a virus immunology researcher at the Karolinska Institute. “They are leading us to catastrophe.”

Americans will soon learn the cost in lives and dollars of the administration's inability to contain the virus. All that is left now is mitigation.

A petition signed by more than 2,000 doctors, scientists, and professors last week – including the chairman of the Nobel Foundation, Prof Carl-Henrik Heldin – called on the government to introduce more stringent containment measures. “We’re not testing enough, we’re not tracking, we’re not isolating enough – we have let the virus loose,” said Prof Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, a virus immunology researcher at the Karolinska Institute. “They are leading us to catastrophe.”

Americans will soon learn the cost in lives and dollars of the administration's inability to contain the virus. All that is left now is mitigation.
Diblasio succeeded? Wow, you’re in a vase

5-6 times higher.

Which post was that in ?

Dear motherfucker Indiana,

Well, I if you look you'll see I posted that article as a thread of it's own.

However, I didn't think you were that stupid.

So, let's look.....

Sweden has 10 million people, Norway and Denmark both sport about 5 million people. So the population is twice the size.

At the time the article was published.......

Sweden was at 92. Norway was at 15, Denmark 41.

Adjusted for population.... Norw was at 30 equilalent deaths and Denmark 82.

That is 3X for Norway and about 1.2 Denmark.

Today (right now)

Sweden is reporting 146 deaths.

Norway is at 31 or 62 equivalents Factor is shrinking (ain't no 5 to 6)

Denmark is at 77 or 152 equivalents.

You can move it around a few percentage points. I knew you were lazy, but not that lazy.

Also.....

As of now

Sweden cases: 4028

Norway is a 4442 or 9000 equivalents

Denmark is at 2577 or about 5200 equivalents.

Now, I like people to check my numbers....why don't we have Pogo tell us what I missed if anything.

But right now, you look pretty stupid (well you always do, but this would be one of those special cases).

Have at it Pogo

Oh Shit,

Wihle cases are at 20,000 for the US

US deaths were at 565.

New York has 279 and New Jersey nave 37 for over half the deaths. Michigan is at 50 and Lousiana was at 40.

Not a good day to be from New York.

And really a bummer.

Sweden has 10 million people, Norway and Denmark both sport about 5 million people. So the population is twice the size.

So you posted the article, then had to ask me what was in it? Haha, yep, that sounds like you.

Of course, you comment above is retarded to point out right now, as the virus was not sprinkled evenly over each country from outer space, and the cases are a function of time.

But you will continue to make the same, dumb error, without question.

Furthermore, they have many tim s over the number of deaths of their neighbors. So, even if your retarded comment were not retarded (it is), you would have merely pointed out that a neighboring country with half the population has only 15% of the deaths, further strengthening my point.

You might want to take a break for a while.

Think about those
If those 385 deaths today only about 58 were solely attributable to Corona only . The rest were mostly a combination of life ending conditions including corona and people 65 years oolder
Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

Did you read the entire article?

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”
A stupid comment by the author. They are not developing beneficial "herd immunity" by passing around the virus. They are developing infections. And their number of deaths far exceeds those of their neighbors. Sweden is probably going to pay a price for what they are doing. Give it time.

Why don't you go to the "I think I am God forum" and post there.

We get tired reading what you think is going to happen.

Because so far it aint happened yet.
The disaster and quadrupling of percentage of infection and all that direness just hadn’t happened. The libs are holding out hope for theveord “yet”

Think about those
If those 385 deaths today only about 58 were solely attributable to Corona only . The rest were mostly a combination of life ending conditions including corona and people 65 years oolder
And what point did you come to realize, once you thought about it?

Use your big boy words, make a point. You can do it.

Think about those

See you don’t guve directions about how people conduct themselves here especially when their rebuttals to your nonsense draws your ire.

Think about those

See you don’t guve directions about how people conduct themselves here especially when their rebuttals to your nonsense draws your ire.
Neato!

So, after your deep think on the numbers you presented -- and which you gave directions to everyone else to think about -- did you arrive at any coherent point that you would like to share?

Think about those

Neato!

So, after your deep think on the numbers you presented -- and which you gave directions to everyone else to think about -- did you arrive at any coherent point that you would like to share?
Same point I’ve been sharing.
The stats and comparative history of this versus other viruses does not warrant the hoax overreaction
You have actually disputed that point many times but I just repested it for you again

Forum List

Back