Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

Did you read the entire article?

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”
A stupid comment by the author. They are not developing beneficial "herd immunity" by passing around the virus. They are developing infections. And their number of deaths far exceeds those of their neighbors. Sweden is probably going to pay a price for what they are doing. Give it time.

That's horrible, but before we go on can I ask something?

My Grocery Outlet started promoting Fireball with a prominent display. You can't miss it walking by it. If you're an adult, i.e. older than 25, are you not allowed to serve it?

I know what Grocery Outlet is. We call it the Go Store. But WTF is "Fireball"?

werer43535dsfds4.jpg

Funny stuff to supposedly drink. I've tried the Hennessy and Hpnotiq which was good.

That's horrible, but before we go on can I ask something?

My Grocery Outlet started promoting Fireball with a prominent display. You can't miss it walking by it. If you're an adult, i.e. older than 25, are you not allowed to serve it?

I know what Grocery Outlet is. We call it the Go Store. But WTF is "Fireball"?

werer43535dsfds4.jpg

Funny stuff to supposedly drink. I've tried the Hennessy and Hpnotiq which was good.

Ew. :puke:

Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”
A stupid comment by the author. They are not developing beneficial "herd immunity" by passing around the virus. They are developing infections. And their number of deaths far exceeds those of their neighbors. Sweden is probably going to pay a price for what they are doing. Give it time.

Why don't you go to the "I think I am God forum" and post there.

We get tired reading what you think is going to happen.

Because so far it aint happened yet.

Yes, I posted this article a while ago.

Mary it up with the thread on Taiwan and you see countries who are doing well without locking everyone in their rooms.

Yeah I don't know about that. We have an easy example of what results from not locking down and telling folks to go on with their regular routines. It's called "Italy".

I take it all of your embarrassing crybabying means you didn't actually have a point, when you posted flu stats in a covid-19 thread.

Sweden now has 146 deaths and over 4000 cases, and your article is from today (same day), so its numbers are already that far out of date.

Yes, I posted this article a while ago.

Mary it up with the thread on Taiwan and you see countries who are doing well without locking everyone in their rooms.

Yeah I don't know about that. We have an easy example of what results from not locking down and telling folks to go on with their regular routines. It's called "Italy".

O.k. But don't jump to the conclusion that it was about going on with their routines. They are taking precautions. We discussed that on the other thread. In fact there have been several threads on the topic.

1. You keep the elderly quarantined and take even greater steps to protect them.

2. At work you take measures (don't hold as many meetings and continue to work at home at least part of the time).

3. Much more increased testing.

4. High sensitivity to getting sick and reporting/testing it.

5. Lots of others.

Sweden now has 146 deaths and over 4000 cases, and your article is from today (same day), so its numbers are already that far out of date.

It would appear they did not report much if anything for two days so the uptick is likely over two or three days.

1585608001000.png

It would appear they did not report much if anything for two days so the uptick is likely over two or three days.

View attachment 317274

You don't get to massage the numbers. :nono:

Looking further into the stats, Sweden's proportions of infection and deaths (per million) are 399 and 14 which are both right between those of the UK (326/21) and the US (487/9) so it doesn't really stand out as different.

Last edited:

I take it all of your embarrassing crybabying means you didn't actually have a point, when you posted flu stats in a covid-19 thread.

What you seem to take is a facefull from your masters.

And your point of coming here and dirtying up the thread is what ?

So you can make yourself feel better about the fact that you have no capabilities of your own ?

OR that you are just another left wing butthurt bitch who needs to convince himsself/herself that you lost to a bunch of morons ?

Making you a bigger moron.

A petition signed by more than 2,000 doctors, scientists, and professors last week – including the chairman of the Nobel Foundation, Prof Carl-Henrik Heldin – called on the government to introduce more stringent containment measures. “We’re not testing enough, we’re not tracking, we’re not isolating enough – we have let the virus loose,” said Prof Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, a virus immunology researcher at the Karolinska Institute. “They are leading us to catastrophe.”

View attachment 317274

You don't get to massage the numbers. :nono:

You can look at it either way.

If you really believe they had no deaths....well isn't that great. The jump would have to be explained (by somebody besides the asshole who littering this thread with her bullshit).

The jump in swedish deaths, of course, can be explained by exponential growth in the number of actual infections and because of the time which has passed, allowing the infections to progress to fatality.

I guess some things have to be spelled out.

Forum List

Back