Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

That's horrible, but before we go on can I ask something?

My Grocery Outlet started promoting Fireball with a prominent display. You can't miss it walking by it. If you're an adult, i.e. older than 25, are you not allowed to serve it?

That's horrible, but before we go on can I ask something?

My Grocery Outlet started promoting Fireball with a prominent display. You can't miss it walking by it. If you're an adult, i.e. older than 25, are you not allowed to serve it?

I know what Grocery Outlet is. We call it the Go Store. But WTF is "Fireball"?

Latest from World O Meters

We are at 377 deaths. That is a little more than yesterday with several hours left. It represents more than 10% of the total deaths.

New York, New Jersey, Michagan, and Louisiana account for almost 300 of those deaths.

New York is at 180 deaths.

Total cases at about 17,500....so far.

Yesterday's total was 19,500.

To early to tell, but the rate of increase in cases is getting very small.

However, there are some states that are starting to see some big jumps in terms of percentages.

1585606711807.png

Last edited:
This is a really bad time in history to be elderly, especially for those well above 70 years of age.
Personally, I don't feel that way. Life has been good to me. I have a wonderful wife, kids, and grand kids. I've seen a lot in this life and can't think of any time in history I would rather have been alive, but that's just me. Others may feel different.

Crushing.

In that same time frame, we have 14,000 flu deaths.

About 450,000 people have died from other causes.
And your point is...?

Embarrassed to state it again, are ya?
Crushing.

In that same time frame, we have 14,000 flu deaths.

About 450,000 people have died from other causes.
And your point is...?

Embarrassed to state it again, are ya?

Are you still on the board ?

I have to respect someone who can post with total confidence knowing most people on the board are laughing at him/her.

We will try it again...since this is supposed to be about up to the minute numbers.

O.K. Everyone....

The World-O-Meter just closed out it's numbers.

It's just one day....but it wasn't as bad as yesterday

And I don't take any deaths lightly.....

It seems that todays numbers were lower, in many ways than yesterday.

The number of cases was down from 19,500 to 18,500

Deaths were down from 525 to 264.

New York finally bought a break with regards to the trend.

Again....just one day.
Are you saying deaths dropped by 1/2?

According to WorldoMeters.....this is in the U.S.

Saturday death toll was 525. Sunday's was 264.

I don't know that this can hold.

But cases were down and Italy and Spain finally had fewer deaths than the day before.

Am I thinking about this wrong ?

Not necessarily, but it's way too small a sample to be a trend.

I'm seeing 385 New deaths today (for the US) and over 17,500 new cases for the current 24h period. All I can conclude so far is that it doesn't seem to be going UP. Much. And we should note, the day's numbers are still coming in.

Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

We will try it again...since this is supposed to be about up to the minute numbers.

O.K. Everyone....

Again....just one day.

But cases were down and Italy and Spain finally had fewer deaths than the day before.

I'm seeing 385 New deaths today (for the US) and over 17,500 new cases for the current 24h period. All I can conclude so far is that it doesn't seem to be going UP. Much. And we should note, the day's numbers are still coming in.

See #1556.

I cut in the graph of daily cases for the U.S.

We can only hope and pray this holds.

New York is still taking a beating.

Think about this
Of those 385 deaths today only about 58 were solely attributable to Corona only . The rest were a combination of life ending conditions including corona and people 65 years or older

O.K. Everyone....

Again....just one day.

I updated this. World O meters revised up the deaths in the U.S for yesterday to about 380. Still below the day before. It just about all came from New York who finished with a revised total of 180...almost 1/2.

I've posted numbers all over this board.
Yes, and now you have been asked to out on your big boy pants and explain the point of posting them.

I know you won't. This is just a demonstration, really.

Gee...what is the title of the this thread.

Demonstration of your asswipe uslessness.

As I said, Fuck off.
All I did was ask what the point of posting the flu death tally was. If I had known you were going to shit your bed and start cutting yourself, I would have left you alone.

Sweden's data is woefully inadequate, and they have about 5-6 times more covid deaths than their neighboring countries. Stay tuned, I don't think this is going to turn out well for them.

Did you read the entire article?

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”

I've posted numbers all over this board.
Yes, and now you have been asked to out on your big boy pants and explain the point of posting them.

I know you won't. This is just a demonstration, really.

Gee...what is the title of the this thread.

Demonstration of your asswipe uslessness.

As I said, Fuck off.
All I did was ask what the point of posting the flu death tally was. If I had known you were going to shit your bed and start cutting yourself, I would have left you alone.

Because we are discussing potential trends among other things.

And finding good posts in and amidst your bullshit makes it just that much more tiring.

Did you read the entire article?

Meanwhile, Sweden is developing herd immunity by refusing to panic. Its population is about 10.2 million, and its first coronavirus case was confirmed on January 30. Since then, Sweden’s number of coronavirus deaths has totaled 110 of 3,700 confirmed cases. During the interim, due to its refusal to impose a lockdown, its actual COVID-19 infections have probably exceeded confirmed cases by several orders of magnitude. This does not, however, mean Sweden’s health officials have failed to encourage common-sense measures like hand washing, social distancing, etc. The New York Times quotes Tegnell as follows: “We are trying to slow the spread enough so that we can deal with the patients coming in.”

Yes, I posted this article a while ago.

Mary it up with the thread on Taiwan and you see countries who are doing well without locking everyone in their rooms.

Forum List

Back