Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

What kind of threat did this man pose?

It took him a mile before he stopped, he didn't have a license plate that was visible to the officers, and when they asked him to exit his vehicle, he gave them lip instead of cooperation. Now if I was a cop, that would be suspicious enough to suspect they might be confronting a dangerous criminal.

He just had to comply with the police orders to get out of the car
All the police had to do was respond to his reasonable question about why he had guns pointed at him.
AFTER they get the criminal to comply....
So it's noted that you as well as most others supporting these cops want and advocate the police beating, tazering, shooting & killing individuals for disobedience, not because they are posing a threat to the officers or anyone else.

That's pretty much unlawful, at least I know it is for shooting and then attempting to claim self defense.

It took him a mile before he stopped, he didn't have a license plate that was visible to the officers, and when they asked him to exit his vehicle, he gave them lip instead of cooperation. Now if I was a cop, that would be suspicious enough to suspect they might be confronting a dangerous criminal.

Why? He was driving slow moving to a well lit place, which was smart on his part. What is suspicious about that? Also they told him to show his hands. So how do I open the door or take off my seat belt if you tell me to keep my hands where you can see them.

my God, America is coming apart!

STOP THIS SHIT! cut it out!
It's going to continue while folks want to excuse police state behavior.

As long as there are folks that want to gas-light us and convince us that the police are not getting more authoritarian and out of control?

There are folks in this nation that remember when the police used to be there to protect and serve, NOT extort and oppress.

,o1 a-3.jpg

Why would they Assume that he is going to grab a gun?

They didn't assume that. They just understood that was a possibility. When your life could be on the line, you don't make assumptions. It's why you're trained to do what these officers did. Make sure this guy can't harm or kill you or anybody else. Figure out who he is, and then proceed with the violation he was stopped for.

Why? He was driving slow moving to a well lit place, which was smart on his part. What is suspicious about that? Also they told him to show his hands. So how do I open the door or take off my seat belt if you tell me to keep my hands where you can see them.

Did he ask them that question? No he didn't. He just said he's not getting out of his vehicle period.

Biden should fire the Army medic not the police officer who was just doing his job

****Joe Gutierrez, who is accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop in Windsor, Va., has been dismissed, the town said.*****

He must be one of those white hispanics that the lib news media accuses of hating black people
I am assuming that an identical vehicle had not been reported stolen. Something like that would change the equation. But I am critical of a number of police acts caught on video, and even some of what are apparently standard procedures, procedures such as never retreating from an assailant. I saw that last one on an episode of Blue Bloods. In this real-life case, I don't know why the cops could not have been actually cordial since the guy had his hands hanging out the window. I'm talking about smiling cops and friendly small talk. Then, if it were really necessary for the driver to exit his vehicle, I'll bet a kindly request would have done it.

Last edited:
This is simply wrong, anyone else would be looking at an assault with a deadly weapon charge.

Preparing to defend yourself is not assault in any way or form. Americans use their firearm over a million times a year to stop crime or defend themselves, and most all cases, never have to shoot or kill anybody. That means we draw our firearms and point it at others a million times a year. Self-defense is not against the law.........at least not yet, but the Democrats are in charge of this country now.
You're still wrong:

1618420584650.png

Why is it when it comes to black men, it's usually shoot/draw/tazer first, then ask questions? Why are black people, men especially AUTOMATICALLY viewed as a threat even when they're not engaged in behavior that is threatening or armed with a weapon?

I'm sure you know the answer, but will any of you admit it?

Of course I know the answer. The answer is the media brainwashes people. Why do you think the media never shows police shooting and killing a white guy? Because we whites wouldn't think twice about it. We'd watch it on the news and say "Good for the asshole, he must have deserved it."

Show the opposite, and the media gets protests started in hopes for a riot. The more riots they can produce, the more people tune to their news program or website. The more people tune into their program or website, the more they can charge for advertising.

I'm no puppet. I research these things, not rely on the MSM to do my thinking for me. I look at sites like this that tell the truth:

Well no that's not the correct answer.

He refused because he was stopped illegally and they would not tell him why he was stopped.

You can't refuse an order by the police. You just do as they say. Had he done that, they might have placed him in cuffs, or maybe a pat down, called the plate in and everything would have been fine. Then they would have explained why they did what they did, and tell him to have a nice evening.
Unless I've forgotten everything I was taught, they're not even supposed to approach the vehicle on a traffic stop until they have given dispatch the plate number, even if it's temporary one. As it was explained to me in, rather gory detail, "what if the driver shoots the officer and then takes off? We need to know at least the vehicle description and plate number so we can run it and get the owner information".

It's been a REALLY long time since I had access to those databases but it would not surprise me in the least if the modern day lookup provide much more information - we could run makes on individuals which would return their statistics so I think it would be possible, depending on state privacy laws for them to also know who has a concealed carry license as well.

They were not his superior officers and he should have been treated with more respect.

When it comes to law, the police are our superiors.
That attitude is what is at the heart of so much of the current social unrest we're seeing, and it's very wrong Ray.

I used to think that too until I found out how woefully misinformed some officers can be about the laws they're tasked with upholding as well as other "legal" and constitutional topics. A particular set of circumstances forced me to begin studying our legal system in order to find a solution to a problem no one seemed willing or able to address.

Why would they Assume that he is going to grab a gun?

They didn't assume that. They just understood that was a possibility. When your life could be on the line, you don't make assumptions. It's why you're trained to do what these officers did. Make sure this guy can't harm or kill you or anybody else. Figure out who he is, and then proceed with the violation he was stopped for.

So you are telling me it is routine for them to jump out of their car with guns drawn and start screaming and yelling. How many times has this happened to you?

Did he ask them that question? No he didn't. He just said he's not getting out of his vehicle period.

Because he was in fear of his life.

That's really fucked up. Do you consider this guy a "dangerous criminal"?

Forum List

Back