Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

He had a dealer tag in the rear window, which is a valid license plate.

It was not clearly visible which makes means it wasn't valid. They couldn't see the plate until they got right behind his vehicle. The law states your license plate has to be clearly visible, and having it behind a heavily tainted glass is not visible at night.

Post that law.

It is word choice. Normally, I respect your opinions. Is there any reason you decided to let your inner racist loose on the USMB?

And normally I respect yours, but I can't understand how people in the military don't understand the chain of command. I don't know what rank you were, but when a superior officer gave you an order, did you ever tell him you don't want to do it his way, you have your own way of doing things? Doesn't the military have a standard way of doing things just like police do?

You don't realize the Army has voiced full support of the Lieutenant. I guess you don't understand lawful orders and illegal orders. The Sergeant Major of the Army has voiced this for the entire Army to see.

Post that law.

Sure, no problem:

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates.

A. Every license plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer to which it is assigned:
1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,
2. In a position to be clearly visible, and
3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

Now can you understand that this was a legitimate police stop?

Making a few assumptions aren't we? Don't be a dumbass. It was an illegal stop.

No, I'm telling you that police have to weigh all possibilities like they were trained to do in the police academy. It could have been an armed carjacker. How are they to know until they identify the subject and determine he was harmless? It could have been a frail 80 year old man. They didn't know.

What these officers did you can see on any police reality show like the former series COPS that ran for 20 or 30 years. I think I watched almost every episode. This is the way they all do things.

Really? When did you attend the police academy? Talking out of your ass again I see.

Post that law.

Sure, no problem:

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates.

A. Every license plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer to which it is assigned:
1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,
2. In a position to be clearly visible, and
3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

Now can you understand that this was a legitimate police stop?

Where is the law regarding temporary plates? That one is not applicable.

He did NOT place that temp tag. I was a Virginia car dealer for a while. Why are you being such a dumbass?

You don't realize the Army has voiced full support of the Lieutenant. I guess you don't understand lawful orders and illegal orders. The Sergeant Major of the Army has voiced this for the entire Army to see.

It must be a lawful order because this is what police do all across our country. Their first priority is their safety and the safety of the public. Secure the subject and then conduct the investigation. Not allow the subject to dictate what order police are to do things.

He had a dealer tag in the rear window, which is a valid license plate.

It was not clearly visible which makes means it wasn't valid. They couldn't see the plate until they got right behind his vehicle. The law states your license plate has to be clearly visible, and having it behind a heavily tainted glass is not visible at night.

As soon as they saw it, their felony stop when bye-bye. Don't you understand that? Worst case, they should have remained in their car and run the tag to see if it was valid. If it was, they should have approached the driver and apologized for an illegal stop.

He did NOT place that temp tag. I was a Virginia car dealer for a while. Why are you being such a dumbass?

Temporary or permanent, it's still a license plate.

As soon as they saw it, their felony stop when bye-bye. Don't you understand that? Worst case, they should have remained in their car and run the tag to see if it was valid. If it was, they should have approached the driver and apologized for an illegal stop.

Okay, so they get right up to the vehicle, see the tag, and start calling it in. The suspect is armed and understands they will soon find out it's stolen, so he kills both police officers by shooting through the glass of the vehicle.

It must be a lawful order because this is what police do all across our country. Their first priority is their safety and the safety of the public. Secure the subject and then conduct the investigation. Not allow the subject to dictate what order police are to do things.

You are making assumptions again. As I stated earlier, I have NEVER been asked to exit my vehicle until after the officer explains the reason for the stop.

I was once stopped by a local PD while traveling through town on an interstate because my car matched the description of the get-away car used in an armed robbery a few minutes prior to my passing by. Oh, and BTW, the cop was black!

Okay, so they get right up to the vehicle, see the tag, and start calling it in. The suspect is armed and understands they will soon find out it's stolen, so he kills both police officers by shooting through the glass of the vehicle.

That's why they should have seen it from their vehicle.

Really? When did you attend the police academy? Talking out of your ass again I see.

I know a few police officers. In fact my former coworker was a retired Cleveland police officer. One of my lifelong friends son is a cop. In fact he conducted our CCW class in my living room.

My pastor friend is a retired police officer. I trust him and my experience more than your bullshit assumptions.

It is word choice. Normally, I respect your opinions. Is there any reason you decided to let your inner racist loose on the USMB?

And normally I respect yours, but I can't understand how people in the military don't understand the chain of command. I don't know what rank you were, but when a superior officer gave you an order, did you ever tell him you don't want to do it his way, you have your own way of doing things? Doesn't the military have a standard way of doing things just like police do?

I'd love to see how the SMA feels about one of his troops displaying this level of non-compliance to an MP, on post. Bet he'd be singing a different tune.

I'd love to see how the SMA feels about one of his troops displaying this level of non-compliance to an MP, on post. Bet he'd be singing a different tune.

What non-compliance? He only refused to comply when he was being told to exit the vehicle at gunpoint. The officers should have explained why he was being stopped and then he would have likely complied. However, the fact remains that it was an illegal stop.

People getting out of the car can be beaten up

He should have rolled up the window and demanded a Supervisor

The cop would have busted the window and still dragged him out.

Could have

Probably would have called for assistance. A Supervisor would have helped.

Officer: Sir, this man refuses to exit the vehicle. Request permission to break the window and drag him out.

Supervisor: What is he suspected of? Why do you need him out of the vehicle?

Officer: I don’t suspect him of anything, but I need to enforce my authority

Forum List

Back