Obamacare & The 2016 Presidential Election

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion. A red herring might be intentionally used, such as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g. in politics), or it could be inadvertently used during argumentation.

And somehow that is supposed to translate into making stuff up.

Toooooo funny.

Moxie, I hope you're not put off by the number of your fellow travelers who believe "Obamacare" is the name of an insurance company.
I hope you don't think you know what everyone else is thinking. I can't do that, and it would seem the likelihood of your being able to do that is substantially less than mine.

I'm just citing the number of threads/posts on this board where posters say things like "I've got Obamacare but doctors won't accept it," etc.

That's my sample. Its relationship to real people in the real world is tangential at best.
It would be my opinion that by referencing Obamacare, those folks are speaking about the collective, worthless insurance plans they have as a result of Obamacare. I seriously doubt that any of them truly believe their individual insurance plan is administered by an insurance company called "Obamacare".

Moxie, I hope you're not put off by the number of your fellow travelers who believe "Obamacare" is the name of an insurance company.
I hope you don't think you know what everyone else is thinking. I can't do that, and it would seem the likelihood of your being able to do that is substantially less than mine.

I'm just citing the number of threads/posts on this board where posters say things like "I've got Obamacare but doctors won't accept it," etc.

That's my sample. Its relationship to real people in the real world is tangential at best.
It would be my opinion that by referencing Obamacare, those folks are speaking about the collective, worthless insurance plans they have as a result of Obamacare. I seriously doubt that any of them truly believe their individual insurance plan is administered by an insurance company called "Obamacare".

You are correct. It is the Obamacare driven plans that are coming under fire.

You have United Health Care "lying' (according to one board moron who can't prove it) and saying they might exit the market.

Still, you look at Post #6 and you have to wonder.

The post was put up by longknife. You have to take into consideration his wry sense of humor. Obamacare is genuinely worthless.

The post was put up by longknife. You have to take into consideration his wry sense of humor. Obamacare is genuinely worthless.

So a portal to affordable health insurance for millions of people who didn't have access before, which at the same time bars insurers from denying coverage for preexisting conditions or setting lifetime caps, lowers hospitals' costs, and has a salubrious effect on the economy overall is "worthless"?

Is that your wry sense of humor?

It's worse than useless.....

It is expensive and has very poor results.

More to the point....it has closed the doors to much better discussions that might have taken place had either party had the balls or the integrity to lead out.

We got Obamacare because we deserved it (the same way you get skin cancer for not wearing sun-block....or even being in the sun for that matter).

It's worse than useless.....

It is expensive and has very poor results.

More to the point....it has closed the doors to much better discussions that might have taken place had either party had the balls or the integrity to lead out.

We got Obamacare because we deserved it (the same way you get skin cancer for not wearing sun-block....or even being in the sun for that matter).
I'd go a step further and call it outright corporatist fraud. It's a crass scheme to funnel money to the dominant interests in the insurance industry. The Democrats took what could have been a genuine, if misguided, attempt to solve a social problem and turned into another corporate welfare scheme.

There is one important aspect to the upcoming election and Obamacare: a republican POTUS will sign a bill to repeal the law, and it is believed that Bernie Sanders will repeal Obamacare, therefore Obamacare is history. Ya' gotta have faith.

I am sure that Bernie would repeal it in favor of something more.

While I like Bernie, I know what he wants....he's not stupid.

He'd only send a bill to repeal if it were replaced with something more expensive.

The Democrats took what could have been a genuine, if misguided, attempt to solve a social problem and turned into another corporate welfare scheme.

dear, insurance companies are losing money on Obamacare. Sorry to rock your world!

Not all of them. The big players who wrote it are gobbling up the rest and making a killing.
stupid liberal lie. name one!!

O.K. folks, let's get clear on what is being asked or stated.

United Health Care was losing money on Obamacare or so they said and Arianrhod said they were lying (of course she never even attempted to prove her point). That did not mean United Health Care was losing money.

So the question is: What, if any, of these insurers are making money on Obamacare driven plans.

Allen West reports on something he read on HotAir, which includes a link to the actual 69-page report.

I wonder how many here will read the actual report?

Post it

It's a PDF. It won't post. But if you click on the link on Allen West's site where it says "the impact of Obamacare," it will take you there. :)

Forum List

Back