Obama going pro pot?

Of course Obama is a liar and flip flops like a fish out water

he pipes up with his brilliance on everything, like we care his opinion on pot

or football, a football teams name, if he had a son, a goat, a skunk, etc etc
I must agree with you about Obama. While he was not my first choice (Kucinich was) I was forced to vote for him because the alternative was McCain, a temperamental war-monger. But I've never trusted Obama and he's turned out to be little more than an artful bullshit artist.

While Candidate Obama readily admitted to using marijuana "frequently," and in doing so conveyed the clear impression of his intention to objectively address the matter of marijuana prohibition of elected. But President Obama refused to even discuss the subject when asked about it by a reporter, and he did so quite contemptuously.

Now, having realized how much that contemptuous slap to the face of so many of his supporters has cost him in terms of performance approval he seems to be gradually easing into a more acceptable position with his pro-marijuana constituency.

Do you know how many times I hear that same line of b******* except where I work I see all you start coming to the store to buy your munchies. When and if marijuana becomes legal around the country and not just in two States I want to become legal without all the b******* people like you spout about if it is so great you don't need to lie about it do you?

tapatalk post

The only folks I see lying about the dangers of Cannabis are the Big Government supporters, like you. Cell phones and distracted drivers pose a much greater threat than munchies seeking stoners.

Cell phone may have role in officer's death (video) - Houston Chronicle

Really? Then how do you account for:

Marijuana a major cause of accidents? What study says - CBS News

The study found that nearly 30 percent of fatally injured drivers tested positive for drugs other than alcohol, with marijuana being the main culprit.

"Given the ongoing epidemic of drug-impaired driving and the increased permissibility and accessibility of marijuana for medical use in the U.S., it is urgent that we better understand the role of marijuana in causing car accidents," study author Dr. Guohua Li, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University, said in a written statement.

For the study - published in the Oct. issue of Epidemiologic Reviews -researchers analyzed nine large-scale drugged driving studies. The researchers found that drivers who tested positive for marijuana within three hours of using were more than twice as likely to be involved in a motor vehicle crash. The study also showed that the crash risk was higher if the marijuana concentration levels found in the urine were higher.

So the more marijuana motorists smoke before getting behind the wheel, the more likely they are to crash? Stop the presses.

Teen Driver In Deadly Southern State Parkway Crash Remains Hospitalized As Investigation Continues « CBS New York

MALVERNE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – As friends and fellow classmates mourned the four 18-year-olds who were killed in a crash Monday on the Southern State Parkway, stunning new details on the crash have emerged.
Sources told CBS 2, the driver, 17-year-old Joseph Beer, told police he and the other victims were smoking marijuana prior to the crash.

Marijuana Use May Double the Risk of Accidents for Drivers | News | Mailman School of Public Health

o examine the link between marijuana use by drivers and risk of a car accident, researchers at Columbia University did a meta-analysis of nine epidemiologic studies and found that drivers who test positive for marijuana or who report using marijuana are more than twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in motor vehicle crashes. The researchers also found evidence that crash risk increases with the concentration of marijuana-produced compounds in the urine and the frequency of self-reported marijuana use.
According to the researchers 8 of 9 studies found that drivers who use marijuana are significantly more likely to be involved in crashes than drivers who do not.

hey Katz how come you left this out of your first link related story?......

Some experts were weary of the study's findings.

"We can't really say yet that marijuana increases the risk by two or three times," Chuck Farmer, director of statistics at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in Arlington, Va., told HealthDay. "Most of their studies pointed to a very strong bad effect of marijuana on driving, but there are other studies out there that actually go the other way."

doesnt go along with your mindset?....

in your second story about the teens in the crash?.....the last sentence said the cops were waiting for lab results to see if alcohol was involved,and since they were partying before hand ,it probably was,as the cops suspect......

how does it feel to be a dishonest Ass?....

Legalize it & tax the fuck out of it. The war on drugs has been a huge waste of resources and has done nothing but spawn drug cartels. Prohibiton proved that you cant stop people from getting high.
There will be no problem with a reasonable tax on marijuana. But if an excessive tax is imposed the effect will be perpetuation of illegal trafficking, which benefits none but the traffickers -- because a substantial percentage of illegally grown marijuana is contaminated with toxic pesticides and carcinogenic growth inducing hormones.

Sure you haven't seen the negative effects....I mean I am sure when they got cancer or emphysema it was from something else right?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/335916-obama-going-pro-pot-12.html#post8492829

Marijuana Smoking Not Linked to Chronic Breathing Problems

Jan. 10, 2012 -- Woodstock generation, breathe easy. One of the largest and longest studies ever to look at the effect of marijuana smoking on lung health finds that pot smoking doesn’t appear to cause chronic breathing trouble.

The study has followed more than 5,000 young adults in four cities for more than two decades. More than half of the people in the study reported smoking tobacco, marijuana, or both.

As more states legalize marijuana -- 16 states and the District of Columbia now allow its medical use -- experts have worried that the kinds of lung damage caused by cigarettes could also be brought on by pot smoking.

Indeed, cigarette smokers in the study saw their lung function drop significantly over 20 years.

But that didn’t happen to people who only smoked marijuana.

In fact, the study found that the lung function of most marijuana smokers actually improved slightly over time.

You know, I don't know how old you are and, frankly, I don't care. I'm 69. I remember the "studies" by this health "science" organization and that health "science" organization back in the late 50s and early 60s that came out with the results of "study" after "study" telling us all that cigarettes were harmless. And, of course, those "studies" were paid for by tobacco companies.

I want to see the study of the young people who are now smoking weed 6-8 times a day for the next 20 years. And, I want to see the study paid for by reputable scientific organizations - not those paid for by NORML - and we'll see what the results are.

Frankly, I don't care if you stoner jerk offs blow your brains out - means nothing to me. But you sound exactly like those idiots back then who smoked themselves to death, claiming that it did "nothing" to them; hacking their lungs out and then wanted "satisfaction" from the tobacco companies.

Stupid fools. Hell, one look at that incompetent president we have and it's relatively easy to understand the dangers of weed…..

I want to see the study of the young people who are now smoking weed 6-8 times a day for the next 20 years.

6-8 times a day?.....how much pot are you talking Randall?....someone smoking 6-8 joints by themselfs?...with someone or with 3-4 people?.....taking 6-8 hits throughout the day?.....what are you talking about?...

If you want to see some real information on marijuana and what has happened since Anslinger got it to be illegal, watch the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Not only will you find out that cannabis was outlawed due to the fact that a racist named Anslinger hated brown and black people and was looking for a way to lock them up (at that time, they were the primary consumers of pot), but you would also find out that the U.S. Government has been doing testing since the 1960's, when they used military people to find out the effects.

Not only has cannabis been PROVEN to be medically beneficial, it has also been PROVEN to be non addictive.

Schedule I substances (of which pot is in that class) are substances that are determined to be highly addictive and have no medical benefit. Why is pot still a Schedule I substance?

As far as which is more dangerous, alcohol or pot? I'd have to say alcohol, because not only does it have an adverse effect on your mindset, it also does damage to your entire body.

And no.................pot isn't a "gateway" drug. The original gateway drug is alcohol, because it lowers your inhibitions, meaning that you're more likely to try just about anything. When you're stoned, you pretty much act the same way you normally would, just a bit more happy. Stuff you wouldn't do sober, you won't do stoned, but you might do them if you were drunk.

As far as the lung damage? Well, I've been a smoker for the past 10 years or so, and at 49, I can still ride a bicycle 10 miles and don't notice any change in my air uptake. I did notice a big one while smoking cigarettes though, which is why I quit.

The only folks I see lying about the dangers of Cannabis are the Big Government supporters, like you. Cell phones and distracted drivers pose a much greater threat than munchies seeking stoners.

Cell phone may have role in officer's death (video) - Houston Chronicle

Really? Then how do you account for:

Marijuana a major cause of accidents? What study says - CBS News

The study found that nearly 30 percent of fatally injured drivers tested positive for drugs other than alcohol, with marijuana being the main culprit.

"Given the ongoing epidemic of drug-impaired driving and the increased permissibility and accessibility of marijuana for medical use in the U.S., it is urgent that we better understand the role of marijuana in causing car accidents," study author Dr. Guohua Li, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University, said in a written statement.

For the study - published in the Oct. issue of Epidemiologic Reviews -researchers analyzed nine large-scale drugged driving studies. The researchers found that drivers who tested positive for marijuana within three hours of using were more than twice as likely to be involved in a motor vehicle crash. The study also showed that the crash risk was higher if the marijuana concentration levels found in the urine were higher.

So the more marijuana motorists smoke before getting behind the wheel, the more likely they are to crash? Stop the presses.

Teen Driver In Deadly Southern State Parkway Crash Remains Hospitalized As Investigation Continues « CBS New York

MALVERNE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – As friends and fellow classmates mourned the four 18-year-olds who were killed in a crash Monday on the Southern State Parkway, stunning new details on the crash have emerged.
Sources told CBS 2, the driver, 17-year-old Joseph Beer, told police he and the other victims were smoking marijuana prior to the crash.

Marijuana Use May Double the Risk of Accidents for Drivers | News | Mailman School of Public Health

o examine the link between marijuana use by drivers and risk of a car accident, researchers at Columbia University did a meta-analysis of nine epidemiologic studies and found that drivers who test positive for marijuana or who report using marijuana are more than twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in motor vehicle crashes. The researchers also found evidence that crash risk increases with the concentration of marijuana-produced compounds in the urine and the frequency of self-reported marijuana use.
According to the researchers 8 of 9 studies found that drivers who use marijuana are significantly more likely to be involved in crashes than drivers who do not.

hey Katz how come you left this out of your first link related story?......

Some experts were weary of the study's findings.

"We can't really say yet that marijuana increases the risk by two or three times," Chuck Farmer, director of statistics at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in Arlington, Va., told HealthDay. "Most of their studies pointed to a very strong bad effect of marijuana on driving, but there are other studies out there that actually go the other way."

doesnt go along with your mindset?....

in your second story about the teens in the crash?.....the last sentence said the cops were waiting for lab results to see if alcohol was involved,and since they were partying before hand ,it probably was,as the cops suspect......

how does it feel to be a dishonest Ass?....

It was a single sentence in a lengthy article, and two other articles. I thought your narrow little mind would zero in on that to negate everything else.

Give me one report, a single study that states unequivocally that marijuana use improves driving, cognitive function and has no detrimental effects at all. So far, it's really stupid people and men with big tits and shriveled up, useless, dicks.

You know, I don't know how old you are and, frankly, I don't care. I'm 69. I remember the "studies" by this health "science" organization and that health "science" organization back in the late 50s and early 60s that came out with the results of "study" after "study" telling us all that cigarettes were harmless. And, of course, those "studies" were paid for by tobacco companies.
I'm 77. While I do recall testimonials by mercenary MDs on cigarette packs and in advertisements attesting to the health benefits of smoking tobacco, the only credibly authoritative studies I can recall were a few that warned against smoking, not encouraging it. But there has been so much well-funded research into the effects of marijuana during the past four decades that if there were any substance to the persistent claims of harm there would be some credible scientific testimony to that effect. But all I've ever seen are the results of junk-science studies and outright lies attested to by the same kind of MDs who once told you and me that smoking tobacco cigarettes was okay.

I want to see the study of the young people who are now smoking weed 6-8 times a day for the next 20 years. And, I want to see the study paid for by reputable scientific organizations - not those paid for by NORML - and we'll see what the results are.
It is important to NORML that any information it puts forth is reliable, accurate, and able to withstand the closest scrutiny. So the implication in your comment is unfair and I challenge you to substantiate it.

As for those ". . . young people who are now smoking weed 6-8 times a day. . ., anyone, young or old, who smokes that much marijuana obviously is socially degenerate and unavoidably will manifest all sorts of social, physical, and psychological problems in the future. Such individuals are analogous to those who drink three or four pints of beverage alcohol a day.

So let's not accentuate the negative and eliminate the positive, the positive being those persons who use marijuana moderately and occasionally and who represent the vast majority of marijuana users.

Frankly, I don't care if you stoner jerk offs blow your brains out - means nothing to me. But you sound exactly like those idiots back then who smoked themselves to death, claiming that it did "nothing" to them; hacking their lungs out and then wanted "satisfaction" from the tobacco companies.

Stupid fools. Hell, one look at that incompetent president we have and it's relatively easy to understand the dangers of weed…..
You clearly identify yourself as one who doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't care. You have an opinion, which has been deposited in your mind by drug war propagandists, and you're comfortable with it regardless of the fact that it is as wrong as two left feet.

Your mind is made up and you have no wish to be inconvenienced by facts.

Legalize it & tax the fuck out of it. The war on drugs has been a huge waste of resources and has done nothing but spawn drug cartels. Prohibiton proved that you cant stop people from getting high.

You can not honestly tell me you so naive to think the war on drugs created drug dealers

tapatalk post

Last edited:
If I needed a ride home, I would rather be in a car with a stoned person, than a drunk one. have you ever seen weedheads drive?

In college, I was the designated high driver, not one accident.

"It was a single sentence in a lengthy article, and two other articles. I thought your narrow little mind would zero in on that to negate everything else."

Guess what?

Last edited:

You can not honestly tell ne you so nieve to thing the war on drugs created drug dealers

tapatalk post

Decriminalize mj, regulate it, tax it, and watch the drug dealers go out of business.

Sheesh.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/335916-obama-going-pro-pot-12.html#post8492829

Marijuana Smoking Not Linked to Chronic Breathing Problems

Jan. 10, 2012 -- Woodstock generation, breathe easy. One of the largest and longest studies ever to look at the effect of marijuana smoking on lung health finds that pot smoking doesn’t appear to cause chronic breathing trouble.

The study has followed more than 5,000 young adults in four cities for more than two decades. More than half of the people in the study reported smoking tobacco, marijuana, or both.

As more states legalize marijuana -- 16 states and the District of Columbia now allow its medical use -- experts have worried that the kinds of lung damage caused by cigarettes could also be brought on by pot smoking.

Indeed, cigarette smokers in the study saw their lung function drop significantly over 20 years.

But that didn’t happen to people who only smoked marijuana.

In fact, the study found that the lung function of most marijuana smokers actually improved slightly over time.

I want to see the study of the young people who are now smoking weed 6-8 times a day for the next 20 years.

6-8 times a day?.....how much pot are you talking Randall?....someone smoking 6-8 joints by themselfs?...with someone or with 3-4 people?.....taking 6-8 hits throughout the day?.....what are you talking about?...

In my "youth" - I knew a couple of guys who became good friends. These guys would smoke like crazy all day, every day. Didn't see them for nearly 5 years and I called one of them on the phone. It sounded like Cheech and Chong was on the other end. This guy could barely put a coherent sentence together. I talked to his sister who told me that he had lost his job at GE and just laid around the house. He died from lung cancer about 7 years ago. Never smoked a cigarette in his life.

When I was in Vietnam, that shit was constantly around. I saw guys go to 'Nam as decent young men and come back as addicts - if they were lucky enough to come back at all. I have attended too many funerals of guys that couldn't put that garbage down.

I'm curious about something, however. What EXACTLY do you folks expect to happen when a republican is elected president and he DEMANDS that the laws be followed? I just read an article by the AG of Kansas who says that they are going to be watching I-70 at the border of Kansas and Colorado. If they suspect someone is bringing that garbage through Kansas, they WILL be arrested.

[...]I have very little respect for the Presidents' obvious callous attitude toward the Pro-Marijuana crowd that he displayed almost immediately after being sworn in. He basically laughed them off.
I remember that well. It showed me who and what he really is -- a two-faced, phony bullshit artist.

As a candidate he went out of his way to convey the impression that he would deal intelligently with the problem of marijuana prohibition. But shortly after he was elected a reporter raised the issue of marijuana and he tossed it off as a petty annoyance.

prove the guy wrong....

Um not how it works genius . But I am sure he can find at least 200 pro pot lobby sites that will back him up.

oh it isnt?.....but we are supposed to believe 200 of your Anti-Pot sites right?....works both ways "genius".....

Son you wouldn't believe shit until it kills you. You go right a head and smoke pot till you are in a coma I dont really care just stop telling lies about how awesome this life threatening drug is.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4x2pRMamE&feature=player_detailpage]MARIJUANA!! The Truth! - YouTube[/ame] This is funny and educational.

In my "youth" - I knew a couple of guys who became good friends. These guys would smoke like crazy all day, every day. Didn't see them for nearly 5 years and I called one of them on the phone. It sounded like Cheech and Chong was on the other end. This guy could barely put a coherent sentence together. I talked to his sister who told me that he had lost his job at GE and just laid around the house. He died from lung cancer about 7 years ago. Never smoked a cigarette in his life.
And you think those degenerate individuals are typical of everyone who uses marijuana?

In case you don't know it you are talking about addicts. And while marijuana is not addictive, per se, people who have addictive personalities will "attach" to anything that will ease their emotional pain. Most of them become alcoholics but those who discover marijuana will do what your old friends did -- use it to escape their intolerable realities.

The majority of marijuana users are comparable to people who enjoy a few beers or a shot of whiskey now and then, usually in social situations. But you choose to focus on the exceptions rather than the rule.

When I was in Vietnam, that shit was constantly around. I saw guys go to 'Nam as decent young men and come back as addicts - if they were lucky enough to come back at all. I have attended too many funerals of guys that couldn't put that garbage down.
My late wife was a clinical psychologist who worked for several years at the VA hospital at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, NY. She treated a lot of Vietnam combat veterans who had become psychologically damaged by the perverse reality they were exposed to. So you can't blame marijuana for the funerals of . . . guys who couldn't put that garbage down." The blame goes to the organized insanity our corrupted government exposed those men to in Vietnam. They became addicted to a substance they used to medicate themselves against extreme emotional pain. And we're going to see a lot more of that kind of thing, presently categorized as PTSD.

I'm curious about something, however. What EXACTLY do you folks expect to happen when a republican is elected president and he DEMANDS that the laws be followed? I just read an article by the AG of Kansas who says that they are going to be watching I-70 at the border of Kansas and Colorado. If they suspect someone is bringing that garbage through Kansas, they WILL be arrested.
What is there to expect from such a stupid contingency? Enhanced illegal trafficking. More prohibition insanity. An increased national prison census -- as if there aren't enough Americans in prison for non-violent "offenses."

Is that what you want?

Forum List

Back