Massachusetts May Pardon 1000's for Past Misdemeanor Weed Possession Charges

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
"Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey on Wednesday said she would issue pardons for tens of thousands of people convicted of misdemeanor marijuana charges going back decades in the latest example of a state ambitiously seeking to forgive low-level drug offenders"

"If approved, the pardons will apply to all adult Massachusetts state court misdemeanor convictions before March 13, 2024, for possession of marijuana or “Class D substance." Most people will not need to take any action to have their criminal records updated, according to the Democrat and former state attorney general"

This will not apply to those who sold, trafficked, distributed, possession with intent to distribute, driving under the influence or convictions outside of Massachusetts' jurisdiction.

Having a simple weed misdemeanor record expunged will benefit thousands when it comes to employment or housing, etc.
It's time for the Federal government to get on board, as well.

Makes sense

Why continue to ruin their lives over a little weed?

"Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey on Wednesday said she would issue pardons for tens of thousands of people convicted of misdemeanor marijuana charges going back decades in the latest example of a state ambitiously seeking to forgive low-level drug offenders"

"If approved, the pardons will apply to all adult Massachusetts state court misdemeanor convictions before March 13, 2024, for possession of marijuana or “Class D substance." Most people will not need to take any action to have their criminal records updated, according to the Democrat and former state attorney general"

This will not apply to those who sold, trafficked, distributed, possession with intent to distribute, driving under the influence or convictions outside of Massachusetts' jurisdiction.

Having a simple weed misdemeanor record expunged will benefit thousands when it comes to employment or housing, etc.

Colorado was the first state to legalize which I find interesting because in the early 70's I got busted there with a substantial amount of weed. I was sentenced to 2-5 years in the big house, but luckily got it suspended on the condition that I get out and stay out of the state

Yes

Colorado was the first state to legalize which I find interesting because in the early 70's I got busted there with a substantial amount of weed. I was sentenced to 2-5 years in the big house, but luckily got it suspended on the condition that I get out and stay out of the state
I would have left instantly.

Forum List

Back