Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.
Oh, that’s bad but frivolous lawsuits like Powell’s are just dandy?

Pknopp made a number of points, one of which I choose to agree with.

Not sure what part of this you are having trouble with.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?
If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.

Got it. Right to trial by jury, shit canned.

Where did I say to forgo trial by jury? Plea deals are perfectly legal and save the taxpayers millions. If it takes bringing up every parking ticket you ever got to get you to deal or roll over on someone bigger, I am totally cool with that. See it on Law & Order all the time.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.
Oh, that’s bad but frivolous lawsuits like Powell’s are just dandy?

Pknopp made a number of points, one of which I choose to agree with.

Not sure what part of this you are having trouble with.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?
If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.

Got it. Right to trial by jury, shit canned.

Where did I say to forgo trial by jury? Plea deals are perfectly legal and save the taxpayers millions. If it takes bringing up every parking ticket you ever got to get you to deal or roll over on someone bigger, I am totally cool with that. See it on Law & Order all the time.

Plea deals done because the government piles up bullshit charges till the accused is terrorized into pleading guilty,

is morally and constitutionally wrong.

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
This is typical trumper bullshit.
Everything in life applies to everybody else, but not them.
They are "the party of law and order" Until they comit crimes and go to jail, now they suddenly oppose that law and order.

Basically Trumpers live in an alternate reality where "the rules" apply to everybody else except them.

They need to make an example out of all of these traitors. No mercy on any of them.

Trumpers try to act like they are so tough, when they are just pathetic weak little bitches, crying for mommy.

who did this man kill to get put in jail-----with no bail? Hmmmm....

Sure sounds like his civil rights are being violated by our corrupt government and judge.

FUCK his "mental well being". Two officers were so messed up after the Rump Riot that they took their own lives. Dozens more are undergoing counseling. This asshole can rot for all I care.

As for the lawsuits against Rudy, Sid and MrPillow? They have PLENTY of merit. Their lies cost the company an incalculable sum.
Hmmmmmm???

You know two officers killed themselves but haven't bother to ask yourself WHY would they kill themselves conveniently.

Sounds like he fucked around and found out.

I encourage him to ask President Biden for a pardon. :lol:

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!

I was in Portland recently, it's an absolute shit hole now. Garbage and homeless camps and graffiti everywhere. Bands of illegals roaming the streets. And that's on the good side of town.

And yet not a word from the fascists on this message board.......go figure.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!
You would be incorrect. And it wasn't a protest.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Keep the insurrectionist in jail.
We don't typically keep people in jail who aren't flight risks and don't have prior criminal records. I'm simply asking why THIS man is being treated differently?
He is not a MAN. He is a low-life who may well be a risk. A lot of them have indeed flown the coop. Why do you care what happens to a criminal like him? When you invade our Capitol, all bets are off.
What he did was unique and he deserves what he gets from start to finish.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!
You would be incorrect. And it wasn't a protest.
Are you serious? Why are the riots that liberals created all across the country for the better part of a year and a half ALWAYS described by the left as protests and the one protest that turned into a riot by conservatives is now being called an "insurrection"? Why is it that leftist extremists declaring whole city blocks a zone governed by them and not government NOT an overthrow of government but a protest that lasted a few hours is? The hypocrisy here is so palpable it's almost farce!

Keep the insurrectionist in jail.
We don't typically keep people in jail who aren't flight risks and don't have prior criminal records. I'm simply asking why THIS man is being treated differently?
He is not a MAN. He is a low-life who may well be a risk. A lot of them have indeed flown the coop. Why do you care what happens to a criminal like him? When you invade our Capitol, all bets are off.
What he did was unique and he deserves what he gets from start to finish.
So if conservatives protest...they're not considered human beings anymore? He deserves to be treated in a manner that liberal protesters haven't been? Do you on the left not understand that one of the bedrock principles of our justice system is Equal Justice Under The Law? You don't get to have two sets of laws...one for your group and another for the opposition. If you let liberal protesters out of jail on bail in a matter of hours then it's totally illegal for you to keep conservative protesters in jail with no bail.

I think they should be all held accountable for their crimes.
They were trying to save America, yet you applaud their persecution.

I applaud all criminals getting caught by law enforcement and paying for their mistakes.
You never even pay attention to your Progressive leaders and their views. one of them when the time comes is..."Each according to ability, each according to need".

Apples and oranges.

Neither did the supposed insurrectionists. You don’t attempt to overthow the government with a relatively small number of folks with no guns. It was a protest gone awry and yes, they should be punished, but to pretend it was an actual insurrection is laughable. Just imagine the damage that would have occured if the situation was reversed. Based on previous actions of leftists, Capitol Hill would have been completely destroyed and looted. The only reason liberals are upset is because these protestors wanted an investigation into election fraud and the Democrats didn’t want any part of that because they had “won”.

FUCK his "mental well being". Two officers were so messed up after the Rump Riot that they took their own lives. Dozens more are undergoing counseling. This asshole can rot for all I care.

As for the lawsuits against Rudy, Sid and MrPillow? They have PLENTY of merit. Their lies cost the company an incalculable sum.
Hmmmmmm???

You know two officers killed themselves but haven't bother to ask yourself WHY would they kill themselves conveniently.

Yeah, purely a coincidence I am certain. Sicknick also :rolleyes:

A Washington, DC, cop who committed suicide after the US Capitol breach was struck in the head with a metal pole during the deadly siege — and was never quite the same, his wife said in a report Friday.​
Capitol Police Officer Jeffrey Smith, 35, suffered the blow while defending the building on Jan. 6 at 5:35 p.m. when a rioter tossed the object, hitting his face and helmet, according to the Washington Post.​
After enduring the injury, Smith was placed on sick leave and suffered constant pain before killing himself roughly a week after the building was breached, his wife Erin Smith, told the paper.​
“He wasn’t the same Jeff that left on the sixth [of January]… I just tried to comfort him and let him know that I loved him,” she said. “I told him I’d be there if he needed anything, that no matter what we’ll get through it. I tried to do the best I could.”​
Smith, who was ordered back to work on Jan. 14, shot himself in the head the next day, inside his Ford Mustang near a scenic overlook of the Potomac River, the paper reported.​

Forum List

Back