Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

Sounds like he fucked around and found out.

that conservative rioters get treated very differently that lefty brownshirts.

I think they should be all held accountable for their crimes.

But they are not. Many are being let go. That makes it unequal application of justice. That makes it an INJUSTICE and a violation of his rights.

That’s a shame if true.

From the article: “ In a recent interview with KGW, Williams explained the cases were dismissed in instances where prosecutors didn’t believe they could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Looks like they’re focusing on the ones they believe they can actually convict. Makes sense to me.

Ideally, anyone who commuted a crime would be convicted for said crime.

Oh, you expected them to admit that they were letting them go because of the rioters were of the right political side?

Did you read further where they said that they expect to be dismissing a lot more soon? Or that the state that normally handles these crimes, just refused to, to "save resources for more serious crimes".?

Unequal application of the law, is an injustice and a violation of the rights of those being targeted.

Those who end up serving time, after such a political prosecution, will literally be political prisoners.

That's just your unsupported opinion that they're playing favorites. I'm fine with letting the authorities handle these matters.

Your trust in the government to not play favorites, even while they obviously are, is not a good thing.

I trust the input of the experts who deal with these matters over your uneducated input on the matter.

So, as long as the dems remember to clearly state, that they have a good reason for their actions, they get your support.

GOt it.

Did the article say that it was Dems who did this or are you just lying?

You don't have to answer that. I already know.

The Trump administration fought to gain control of hte riots, they took steps to arrest rioters..

Biden wins, and suddenly the charges are just fading away.

Your inability to see the obvious, is not a good trait.

Notice that you lied and you didn't even bother to attempt to show otherwise.

But they are not. Many are being let go. That makes it unequal application of justice. That makes it an INJUSTICE and a violation of his rights.

That’s a shame if true.

From the article: “ In a recent interview with KGW, Williams explained the cases were dismissed in instances where prosecutors didn’t believe they could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Looks like they’re focusing on the ones they believe they can actually convict. Makes sense to me.

Oh, you expected them to admit that they were letting them go because of the rioters were of the right political side?

Did you read further where they said that they expect to be dismissing a lot more soon? Or that the state that normally handles these crimes, just refused to, to "save resources for more serious crimes".?

Unequal application of the law, is an injustice and a violation of the rights of those being targeted.

Those who end up serving time, after such a political prosecution, will literally be political prisoners.

That's just your unsupported opinion that they're playing favorites. I'm fine with letting the authorities handle these matters.

Your trust in the government to not play favorites, even while they obviously are, is not a good thing.

I trust the input of the experts who deal with these matters over your uneducated input on the matter.

So, as long as the dems remember to clearly state, that they have a good reason for their actions, they get your support.

GOt it.

The Trump administration fought to gain control of hte riots, they took steps to arrest rioters..

YOur support of political prosecutions and imprisonment of republicans, is clear. Me spending time tracking down the party registration of the mentioned officials, is not going to change your mind.

That’s a shame if true.

GOt it.

YOur support of political prosecutions and imprisonment of republicans, is clear. Me spending time tracking down the party registration of the mentioned officials, is not going to change your mind.

Notice that you continue to refuse to acknowledge the fact that I caught you in a lie. Your refusal to address this is not surprising.

You're dismissed now. :)

That’s a shame if true.

GOt it.

Poor Republicans. Always the victim.

:boohoo:

One should think about this before reacting over something that in the end really makes zero difference.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
Who cares? It was a choice he and others of his ilk made.
Who cares if the Party in power punishes the opposition by jailing them for protesting and keeping them there without bail? With all due respect, White? EVERYONE should care about that and it shouldn't be an "us" or "them" thing! One of the great things about America is that our justice system is based on the premise of equal justice under the law! I would never ask that anyone be kept in jail pending trial if they aren't a flight risk and have no criminal record that would indicate they're a danger to the public if let free. You keep murderers and rapists locked up without bail. You don't keep protesters locked up without bail. You especially don't do that if you've released OTHER protesters on bail that were far more violent than the rioters at the Capital!

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

The "liberal protestors" who attacked, injured and killed the police, as well as those who tried to overthrow the legally elected government officials are all currently being held in jail. Every single one of them.
You've got to be kidding me? Does anyone else on the left want to agree with Dragonlady that every single liberal protester that attacked the police is currently sitting in jail? Anyone that stupid? Anyone? Anyone?

The "liberal protestors" who attacked, injured and killed the police, as well as those who tried to overthrow the legally elected government officials are all currently being held in jail. Every single one of them.
You've got to be kidding me? Does anyone else on the left want to agree with Dragonlady that every single liberal protester that attacked the police is currently sitting in jail? Anyone that stupid? Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe because they weren't stupid enough to be recorded like the insurrectionists were on Jan. 6th, actually bragging about what they were going to do beforehand! I'm surprised more people weren't killed because those animals were cretinous Troglodytes roaming Congress! :cheeky-smiley-018:

Maybe because they weren't stupid enough to be recorded like the insurrectionists were on Jan. 6th, actually bragging about what they were going to do beforehand! I'm surprised more people weren't killed because those animals were cretinous Troglodytes roaming Congress! :cheeky-smiley-018:
So liberal protesters that were caught performing criminal acts by Police and brought to jail were bailed out because they didn't talk about it before doing it? I ask once more...why are liberal protesters bailed out of jail and this man refused bail and kept in jail? What makes HIS form of protest different from liberal protesters?

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
Is this anything like Hillary wiping her computer " with a rag"? Seems similar to me. Did you start a thread being so concerned?

No, that was an actual crime.
Was it as bad as Obama putting Dijon mustard on his burger?

Are there ANY liberal protesters who attacked Police currently sitting in a jail cell without bail awaiting trial? If so please tell me who they are!

Who cares if the Party in power punishes the opposition by jailing them for protesting and keeping them there without bail? With all due respect, White? EVERYONE should care about that and it shouldn't be an "us" or "them" thing! One of the great things about America is that our justice system is based on the premise of equal justice under the law! I would never ask that anyone be kept in jail pending trial if they aren't a flight risk and have no criminal record that would indicate they're a danger to the public if let free. You keep murderers and rapists locked up without bail. You don't keep protesters locked up without bail. You especially don't do that if you've released OTHER protesters on bail that were far more violent than the rioters at the Capital!
If they have committed by word and deed, acts that say they are a continuing threat to society, I have no problem. Same for those rioter, caught burning, looting or physically attacking people over the supposed BLM cause. If they can bring a habeas corpus ad subjiciendum case before a judge and attain release, more power to them. I am not the one that deemed them a continuing risk to society. Go talk to them.

If they have committed by word and deed, acts that say they are a continuing threat to society, I have no problem. Same for those rioter, caught burning, looting or physically attacking people over the supposed BLM cause. If they can bring a habeas corpus ad subjiciendum case before a judge and attain release, more power to them. I am not the one that deemed them a continuing risk to society. Go talk to them.
I just want you to explain why liberal protesters caught by Police committing violent crimes were released on bail yet this man who has no criminal record and doesn't seem to be a flight risk in any way languishes in jail, White? Why is it that one group has a different result from the other? What would your reaction be if it was conservatives that were allowed to go free while liberals were kept incarcerated? Would you be so unconcerned then?

I just want you to explain why liberal protesters caught by Police committing violent crimes were released on bail yet this man who has no criminal record and doesn't seem to be a flight risk in any way languishes in jail, White? Why is it that one group has a different result from the other? What would your reaction be if it was conservatives that were allowed to go free while liberals were kept incarcerated? Would you be so unconcerned then?

If it were reversed you'd have no problem of course! Typical White guy who thinks he should be able to do whatever TF he wants with no consequences! If a Black or Mexican person jaywalks, you want their voting rights taken away! Very typical of this country and the a-holes who run it! Heaven knows it isn't as equal as we BS the world with! :rolleyes:

They didn't try to overthrow the government.
And you think the protesters on 1/6 were trying to overthrow the US government? Lol.
Do you have any clue how enormous the government is? How decentralized it is?
Poor fool.

They didn't try to overthrow the government.
And you think the protesters on 1/6 were trying to overthrow the US government? Lol.
Do you have any clue how enormous the government is? How decentralized it is?
Poor fool.

No one said they'd succeed! They were obviously moronic, delusional idiots making out they were patriots as they beat down Congressional police! :rolleyes:

If it were reversed you'd have no problem of course! Typical White guy who thinks he should be able to do whatever TF he wants with no consequences! If a Black or Mexican person jaywalks, you want their voting rights taken away! Very typical of this country and the a-holes who run it! Heaven knows it isn't as equal as we BS the world with! :rolleyes:
As I stated earlier EVERYONE should be concerned when American's are not longer receiving equal protection under the law and that includes myself! It's wrong if it's liberals that are receiving preferential treatment...it's wrong if conservatives are receiving preferential treatment! You can't grant bail for one group and then deny it for another for the same crime.

Forum List

Back