NYC passes trans fat ban

Mr. P

Reaction score
Just think how far they can carry this MB. No more ‘Home Cookin’ restaurants, no this, no that, on the menu anymore. Good grief it’s hard enough to survive now and the menu is going to be slashed! So much for eating out, there'll be no place to go.

Mr.Conley

Reaction score
I totally support this measure. Trans fats kill on the order of tens of thousands of people a year, it's about as close to poison as you can get. This stuff out to be outlawed for the same reason anthrax is outlawed, both kill people en masse.

OP
MtnBiker

MtnBiker

Reaction score
Excatly right. Yet another step toward the nanny state. God forbid people make dietary decisions for themselves.

OP
MtnBiker

MtnBiker

Reaction score
I totally support this measure. Trans fats kill on the order of tens of thousands of people a year, it's about as close to poison as you can get. This stuff out to be outlawed for the same reason anthrax is outlawed, both kill people en masse.
Tens of thousands?

A couple of questions, 1)does everybody die? 2)is life expectancy longer now than in the past?

Hobbit

Reaction score
Tens of thousands of people are also killed each year by water and cars. Wanna ban those, too?

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ironic isn’t?

Like here you can’t buy alcohol on Sunday and drink at home, but you can go to a restaurant and drink alcohol, then drive home.:wtf:
Government!!
They sure as hell aren't out of any health concern. It'll all $$$$$$$$. Rigged $$$$ at that.

jillian

Princess
Reaction score
I believe in disclosure... and I don't mind knowing if there are trans fats in the food I'm eating. But grown ups should be able to decide what they eat.

I felt the same way about the smoking ban in restaurants. Should have been up to the business owner as to whether smoking was allowed or not. Then, it's up to the customer.

Very silly....

Reaction score
This is BS. Now Big Brother wants to regulate the fat content of my food? A Geroge Orwell novel comes to mind ......
It is terrible isn't it...what are they going to do next, try to tap phones??

:)

Reaction score
I agree that Trans fat is bad, but I am not a huge fan of this bill. I think the public needs to know just how bad trans fat is for cardiovascular health. I love that trans fat is on labels. But I do not think it should be banned...same with cigarettes.

Most reactions - Past 7 days