NYC passes trans fat ban

Just think how far they can carry this MB. No more ‘Home Cookin’ restaurants, no this, no that, on the menu anymore. Good grief it’s hard enough to survive now and the menu is going to be slashed! So much for eating out, there'll be no place to go.

I totally support this measure. Trans fats kill on the order of tens of thousands of people a year, it's about as close to poison as you can get. This stuff out to be outlawed for the same reason anthrax is outlawed, both kill people en masse.

Excatly right. Yet another step toward the nanny state. God forbid people make dietary decisions for themselves.

I totally support this measure. Trans fats kill on the order of tens of thousands of people a year, it's about as close to poison as you can get. This stuff out to be outlawed for the same reason anthrax is outlawed, both kill people en masse.

Tens of thousands?

A couple of questions, 1)does everybody die? 2)is life expectancy longer now than in the past?

Tens of thousands of people are also killed each year by water and cars. Wanna ban those, too?

Ironic isn’t?

Like here you can’t buy alcohol on Sunday and drink at home, but you can go to a restaurant and drink alcohol, then drive home.:wtf:
Government!!

They sure as hell aren't out of any health concern. It'll all $$$$$$$$. Rigged $$$$ at that.

I believe in disclosure... and I don't mind knowing if there are trans fats in the food I'm eating. But grown ups should be able to decide what they eat.

I felt the same way about the smoking ban in restaurants. Should have been up to the business owner as to whether smoking was allowed or not. Then, it's up to the customer.

Very silly....

I agree that Trans fat is bad, but I am not a huge fan of this bill. I think the public needs to know just how bad trans fat is for cardiovascular health. I love that trans fat is on labels. But I do not think it should be banned...same with cigarettes.

Forum List

Back